Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I just finished reading the hellboy in hell library edition. Does anyone know why the covers for issue 5 and 7 were left out of the cover gallery? I thought the cover for #7 was one of the best, so it was a shame to leave it out.
    Last edited by Ollie; 04-23-2018 at 01:09 PM.

The Claw of Justice!

Do the omnibuses and library editions have the same sketchbook sections as the tpbs, plus additional sketchbook stuff? Or are the sketchbooks completely different from the tpbs?
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

The Library Editions just have expanded sketchbook sections, I believe.

I have no idea about the Omnibus editions of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The Library Editions just have expanded sketchbook sections, I believe.

I have no idea about the Omnibus editions of anything.
    Given the page count, I doubt the omnibuses have any special features at all.

The Claw of Justice!

Thanks guys. I actually meant the BPRD and Abe Sapien omnibuses, not the new Hellboy ones. I'm thinking of replacing my tpbs.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Incredible Member

So I've had the first three Hellboy Library editions for ages and now want to complete the collection but Volume 5 (Darkness Calls) seems to be out of stock everywhere? Is it out of print?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    So I've had the first three Hellboy Library editions for ages and now want to complete the collection but Volume 5 (Darkness Calls) seems to be out of stock everywhere? Is it out of print?
    If it is, it's only temporary. Dark Horse is keeping the library editions in print.

What's the thinking behind going straight to softcover with the Hellboy omnibus editions? Is it because Hellboy's already gotten the Library Edition treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Waka Hem View Post
    What's the thinking behind going straight to softcover with the Hellboy omnibus editions? Is it because Hellboy's already gotten the Library Edition treatment?
    Yeah, the deluxe edition for Hellboy is the library editions, whereas the omnibuses are the cheaper option which replace the trades.

Fantastic Member

What's the quality of the new Hellboy omnibuses, regarding cover, paper, binding, etc.?

Spectacular Member

The paperback Omnibus is very well built. The cover is matte, the paper is thick and matte with sewn binding. The book can lay flat no problem. This is my first Hellboy book and I love it.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-22 at 23.02.10.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-22 at 23.05.29.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    The paperback Omnibus is very well built. The cover is matte, the paper is thick and matte with sewn binding. The book can lay flat no problem. This is my first Hellboy book and I love it.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-22 at 23.02.10.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-22 at 23.05.29.jpg
    Thanks. Mine arrived today, the spine and interior did look good indeed, however the cover was in a bad condition, so I asked for a replacement. But after having a look at the book, that did not seem to be an inherent production problem, but Amazon's mistreatment of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Thanks. Mine arrived today, the spine and interior did look good indeed, however the cover was in a bad condition, so I asked for a replacement. But after having a look at the book, that did not seem to be an inherent production problem, but Amazon's mistreatment of the product.
    Yes, Amazon ensures that abuse of TPBs is their standard operating procedure by continuing to use bubble envelopes instead of cardboard mailers. I have complain incessantly about this, all to deaf ears of course.

Fantastic Member

Hey guys,

What stories have not yet been collected in the library edition format?

Off the top of my head, it’s the Hellboy in Mexico stories (not including the one), Midnight Circus, Silent Sea, Krampusnacht and the upcoming Hellboy vs Lobster Johnson, Return of the Lambton Worm and the other Winter Special Hellboy stories.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    Hey guys,

What stories have not yet been collected in the library edition format?

Off the top of my head, it’s the Hellboy in Mexico stories (not including the one), Midnight Circus, Silent Sea, Krampusnacht and the upcoming Hellboy vs Lobster Johnson, Return of the Lambton Worm and the other Winter Special Hellboy stories.
    • Hellboy: Being Human
    • Hellboy versus the Aztec Mummy
    • Hellboy Gets Married
    • The Coffin Man
    • The Coffin Man 2: The Rematch
    • House of the Living Dead
    • Midnight Circus
    • The Silent Sea

As far as I know, Krampusnacht, Hellboy vs. Lobster Johnson, Return of the Lambton Worm, Mood Swings, The Last Witch of Fairfield, and Happy New Year, Ava Galluci will be going to Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. omnibus editions. Personally, I hope there's two more OGNs in the pipeline that can fill up the rest of the next library edition.
    Last edited by middenway; 02-20-2019 at 07:50 PM.