Thread: 100 Bullets

Mighty Member

Default 100 Bullets

In short. It's one of my absolute favorite stories ever.

So anyone who's read (perhaps reading) and up to discuss it?

I'm thinking of making a post for each of the deluxe volumes (5 in total.). Giving each chapter a short review/overview and trying to detail as much (while keeping it short) as possible how they play into the big narrative and such (for example Grave's plan or the painting.). Probably also Brother Lono.

Is that a good idea? Any other ones?

Or for that matter, any questions about the book ?
    Last edited by borntohula; 09-21-2014 at 10:05 AM.

I read the whole thing in a weekend, couldn't put it down. I don't think any other series has used cliffhangers as well as Azzarello does here. When I'd finished though, I was left a bit empty and unsatisfied. The art's great, but in retrospect, the plot/story is pretty lacking. Can't say I've ever felt the urge to revisit the series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I read the whole thing in a weekend, couldn't put it down. I don't think any other series has used cliffhangers as well as Azzarello does here. When I'd finished though, I was left a bit empty and unsatisfied. The art's great, but in retrospect, the plot/story is pretty lacking. Can't say I've ever felt the urge to revisit the series.
    I got a couple of friends who also binged it. While none of them was left empty, one felt a bit weird since the characters where such cynics haha.

Was there any particular parts, ending (or endings) that you think lacked?

I had a bit of reservation against the Rome story in "A wake" (Which Ducks fixed) at first and was also a bit confused how Graves and Lono's talk in "Five Rook(ed)s" could make Augustus reason the way he did (which I'v eventually figured out.).