Default Hellboy and the BPRD 1957- Fearful Symmetry preview

https://www.cbr.com/hellboy-characte...novels-comics/

Hellboyis sent to India to investigate a series of mysterious animal attacks. He reunites with a character he met in the Hellboy novel "An assortment of horrors", Virginia Payne. They theorize it could be a "were-tiger".
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-23-2023 at 07:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I almost thought this one wouldn't ever see the light of day.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I almost thought this one wouldn't ever see the light of day.
    Well, it was originally solicited for March 30th, 2022, but now looks like it's suppose to be released on June 28, 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, it was originally solicited for March 30th, 2022, but now looks like it's suppose to be released on June 28, 2023.
    And the reason for the delay:

https://twitter.com/alis_samp/status...16615373373446

It would appear that she is doing better now, which is nice to see.
    "Deep down underneath it all, I have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar, on my desk." - Robert Bloch

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Story wise this was pretty decent, your typical Hellboy smash em' up where he get's called in for something simple and see's it's something weirder and then he punches it into submission...but in places the art was pretty unfinished looking. I've read that Sampson had cancer, hence the delay, so I don't want to be too critical but Hellboy just looked really doughy and misshapen. The human characters were all beautifully done and the Were-Tiger was decent but Hellboy's face lacked any sense of depth or texture and his facial hair looked like when you would scribble mustaches on pictures of people in the newspaper with a pen when you were a kid. And the dichotomy between just how well the other characters were and how amateurish Hellboy looked made it all the worse. It almost looks like it was done by two different people.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I finally got a copy after it wasn't sent to my LCBS when it came out. It was alright. I agree with TWG on the art.
    Does Virginia Payne join the BPRD later?

It's been a while since we had a great Hellboy book with superior art.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!