Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    You appear to be answering your own question. The only one able to figure out how any stuff could or *should* be for you - regarding or regardless of "following"s - would be you. So good luck with that.
    Well, I didn't mean my comment as an insult toward Hellboy fans. Overall, I'm happy I read the run. I'm sorry if my comment bothered you.

BANNED

Thanks and another thing is that it doesn't even feel like i am reading a comic book. I'm loving how it's not action driven at all. Everything is a mystery.
    You have a library near you that carries comics and even as new as that?! That is AMAZING.

There will be a number of Hellboy stories potentially more like the movies such as 'Hellboy: Seed of Destruction', 'Hellboy: the Chained Coffin and Other stories' or 'Hellboy: the Conqueror Worm'.
    But seeing how all those stories form a part to the story matter quite as profoundly or as specifically as how they do already, where Hellboy In Hell will be to form more current or at least progressively developing installments onto it all, it won't be weird how either all or any of it will read as being its own thing as much as it would be?

I've seen and pretty much enjoyed the movies too, but. Seeing how the creator of Hellboy most primarily happens to be a maker of comics, which I can like, I'll prefer those moreso than whatever movies or tv thingies I'm sure. It's not that I don't like movies but as a comics fan both as a book fan, such comics or books can seem pretty damn fine on their own already, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Well, I didn't mean my comment as an insult toward Hellboy fans. Overall, I'm happy I read the run. I'm sorry if my comment bothered you.
    I think you mistook his comment. he's just saying you didn't 'do' anything wrong, it just may not be for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    I was just looking ahead and saw that there are quite a few stories not collected, such as The Coffin Man, Aztec Mummy, Abe Sapien #8 and 15, Exorcism etc. From what I can gather, there will be a "Mexico" trade as I think there is enough material if you include House of the Living Dead, but what about these other issues/Hellboy one shots/2 issue "missing" pieces? Any talk about these issues?
    ...Uh, I'll get back to you in a few days when I can actually talk about this stuff. But I will say everything always gets collected eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    They'll obviously end up in a Library Edition at some point.
    I wish they'd put the Mexico stuff in a Library Edition with the Bride of Hell half of vol.6, and put Hellboy in Hell after The Storm and the Fury.
    I think you'll find it's because they want the first four Hellboy in Hell books collected back to back over two volumes. Mike Mignola's already said those first four are kinda one big chunk of stuff. That's not insider info by the way, that's just my theory.
    Last edited by middenway; 01-03-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Thanks and another thing is that it doesn't even feel like i am reading a comic book. I'm loving how it's not action driven at all. Everything is a mystery.
    To me Hellboy seems a fresh take on comics heroics or storytelling on the whole because Hellboy responds rather uniquely to things.

As if the storytelling means to be uniquely its own thing just the same. As if it doesn't merely seek to be 'like anything' but more rather it aims to actually be what everything else couldn't.

I think both the movies and the comics mean to engage these story elements, like as only Hellboy stories could.

I think the awesome thing about everything Hellboy is that it will have been created by a comics creator for the purpose of presenting awesome comics material, even with whatever help of others, or as enabling even such altogether different material as movie adaptations.

Different titles or different story arcs will be presenting things differently, like Lobster Johnson will be in-the-face pulp mystery, where the BPRD paranormal agent stuff may feel more like a superhero team type-of-thing, where Witchfinder or Hellboy might seem more wayward or not, as depending.

A story like 'Hellboy: the Corpse' (from Hellboy: the Chained Coffin AOS TPB) as dating all the way back to 1996 presented a tale following its own type of logics and proceedings unmistakably, since Hellboy was to follow directions as given by a corpse (like in the movie Hellboy II: the Golden Army something similar takes place for a bit). Everything to the tale in the comic gets visualized and paced in its own particular style as literally only Mignola pages could do such.

Hellboy In Hell seems to be an ongoing title taking place where anything or any stories will proceed or take place according to their own unique ways completely. Dealing with whatever stuff in its own way primarily as a result of its location being a nether- or after-world instead of an ordinary one.
    Which doesn't mean anything to it should be nonsensical or merely weird, since the stories to Hellboy In Hell so far have also presented very gettable both as quite moving stories already.

Where either demonic princes or brotherly bonds could die or perish, as well as just the most powerless or ordinary of solemn soldiers and whatnot. Houses both as buildings seem apparent there moreso than not, both as statues and roads and lakes, instead of things only needing to be dark or even bloody. Vibrant moreso than only consisting of death or dead, even if any of it would be!
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think you mistook his comment. he's just saying you didn't 'do' anything wrong, it just may not be for you.
    Yup. That's what I meant to be saying.

Yup. That's what I meant to be saying.
    Ok, I got you now. Sorry, my brain was scrambled. I like the way you described the Hellboy series in the post above this one. And your description of Hellboy in Hell now has me curious to check it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Ok, I got you now. Sorry, my brain was scrambled. I like the way you described the Hellboy series in the post above this one. And your description of Hellboy in Hell now has me curious to check it out...
    O.K., cool, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    ...Uh, I'll get back to you in a few days when I can actually talk about this stuff. But I will say everything always gets collected eventually.
    Ah, so there's something to know in a few days eh....

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Ah, so there's something to know in a few days eh....
    Ahead in 2015, the first of five, with a new one going up ever day until Friday. Now that this first one's out, I think I can say the loose Hellboy in Mexico stories will most likely be collected in a trade with Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1956. I doubt Hellboy: The House of the Living Dead will be collected in that trade, though it's not completely impossible either. So the trade will collect Hellboy versus the Aztec Mummy, Hellboy Gets Married, The Coffin Man, The Coffin Man 2: The Rematch, and 1956 (which, given the space left in the volume, will probably be four issues).

As for Exorcism, Cameron Stewart has hinted on Twitter that he'll be returning to B.P.R.D. after he's finished with Fight Club 2. All the Ashley Strode stories will be collected together most likely, and they're not done yet.

The Abe Sapien flashback stories were put in as a way to relax the schedule for the Fiumaras on the ongoing story. When there's enough of them, they'll all be collected together.

Wow Middenway, a FIVE days worth of interviews on all that's 'round the corner!? Pretty awesome.

And this first bit was just great. Then again I need to say I am not feeling at all worried 'bout what's to come or how it's all gonna be collected. Because it's all been (getting collected) just gloriously, the whole frickin' time for 20 years and counting already!

Still this mammoth '-athon of info straight from the mouths of the... makers is just... baller buff! So thanks to Middenway and all involved. I say, from my end, which sounds foreign a smidgy. Happy New Year!

Fantastic Member

Hi! Are there any Hellboy/B.P.R.D. trades that are not going to be collected in omnibus? I think being human is in that category, but I want to be sure. Anything else? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Hi! Are there any Hellboy/B.P.R.D. trades that are not going to be collected in omnibus? I think being human is in that category, but I want to be sure. Anything else? Thanks!
    Honestly, I can't say for sure. Obviously there's B.P.R.D. Plague of Frogs and B.P.R.D. 1946-1947-1948. In the future we can expect B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth. That's as much as I can say with anything like certainty.

Now we go into guessing territory... There will most likely be an omnibus for B.P.R.D. Vampire when it's done, and probably Witchfinder, Lobster Johnson, Abe Sapien, and Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. omnibuses as well. Hellboy in Hell will probably go to library editions.

However, B.P.R.D.: Being Human, Frankenstein Underground, and Sledgehammer 44 are kind of orphan books. I have no idea how these might be collected. If they ever do go to some kind of collection though, that day is a very, very, very long way off.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Honestly, I can't say for sure. Obviously there's B.P.R.D. Plague of Frogs and B.P.R.D. 1946-1947-1948. In the future we can expect B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth. That's as much as I can say with anything like certainty.

Now we go into guessing territory... There will most likely be an omnibus for B.P.R.D. Vampire when it's done, and probably Witchfinder, Lobster Johnson, Abe Sapien, and Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. omnibuses as well. Hellboy in Hell will probably go to library editions.

However, B.P.R.D.: Being Human, Frankenstein Underground, and Sledgehammer 44 are kind of orphan books. I have no idea how these might be collected. If they ever do go to some kind of collection though, that day is a very, very, very long way off.
    No worries. That's exactly what I was asking. Thanks!

All-New Member

Hello all, I have question regarding Hellboy and B.P.R.D. you guys might help me with.
    I want to start reading some Hellboy and B.P.R.D, so my question is can I start to read B.P.R.D. Plague of Frogs and then afterward read the Hellboy storys collected in the Library Edition?
    The thing is that I'm abit short on money and the Hellboy Library Editions cost quiet a bit of cash, and I can find the B.P.R.D. Plague of Frogs Omnibuses pretty cheap. So I just wonder if I can start with the cheap one, and then when I get more money read the Library Editions.