Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I liked the Neo ... mainly because at 12 years old, I thought Domina was HAWT. I was sad to see Lobdell dispatch several of them so casually in his promising-but-ultimately-disappointing Magneto storyline, "Eve of Destruction."

Bummer to hear the High Evolutionary offed them.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    The high evolutionary killed em all, so much for the master race

If not No More Mutants finished off the job.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    It's not a question of "mutants" but of the characters and things associated to them (franchise). (You can't copyright "mutant" : it's a common word to describe something specific)

I found this graph that is interesting :

But wait Marvel is about to use Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver and they first appeared in an X-title. So all Marvel has to do is utilize the Neo on the Marvel Universe side.
    mention them in the new Inhuman series. make the Neo low level Inhumans and higher level mutants.

BANNED

The Neo was a horrible storyline. How long did they leave CeCe trapped in that tower with them? I believe Psylocke and Angel even went on a date while she was hopping herself up on drugs just to survive. Poor girl.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    But wait Marvel is about to use Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver and they first appeared in an X-title.
    As shown on the graph, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver are special cases : they can be used by both Marvel and Fox.
    You can see the article in which this graph was used here : http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-...ers-carl-6766/

There is another interesting things : In some cases, the company to whom part of the franchise was sold has to use that franchise. If they don't produce movies based on it regularly, the rights go back to Marvel.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Bummer to hear the High Evolutionary offed them.
    It was the Evolutionaries (who are indeed the High Evolutionary's allies now, but not then).

I

Loved the chart.
    As for the topic, I liked the Neo when they first showed up as competition for mutants as the next step in the evolutionary ladder, however, they weren't developed fast and well enough and soon someone (I think it was Lobdell) threw them under the bus. However, if you want someone to take their place, you can always bring back the Children of the Vault. Domina was cool, though.

Peace

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

As shown on the graph, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver are special cases : they can be used by both Marvel and Fox.
    You can see the article in which this graph was used here : http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-...ers-carl-6766/

There is another interesting things : In some cases, the company to whom part of the franchise was sold has to use that franchise. If they don't produce movies based on it regularly, the rights go back to Marvel.

So what's the deal with Namor? If you have any information on why hasn't he or when he switched back to Marvel?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Loved the chart.
    As for the topic, I liked the Neo when they first showed up as competition for mutants as the next step in the evolutionary ladder, however, they weren't developed fast and well enough and soon someone (I think it was Lobdell) threw them under the bus. However, if you want someone to take their place, you can always bring back the Children of the Vault. Domina was cool, though.

Peace
    Add on to this point what exactly was the difference between the Neo and Cotv, better yet couldn't these ideas have been merged?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    [/B]

So what's the deal with Namor? If you have any information on why hasn't he or when he switched back to Marvel?
    Maybe they don't want him back ?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I actually liked the Neo as they had potential and they didnt get enough development (as CCs run was cut short) so I cant condemn them when they were barely given a chance. I'd love to see the Neo perhaps make a return in Nightcrawlers series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    This. I love the X-Men so I love Claremont, but the Neo were garbage. I bought this comic just because the Neo died in it and I wanted to support that cause. Normally I hate to see anyone die because I like writers having all of the toys in the toybox to play with and make entertaining comics, but nothing good (this comic aside) was ever going to come from the Neo.
    I dont know about that. The premise that Mutants tho Homo Superior are just a link in a long line of evolutionary mutation is a superb idea. Would mutants fear the Neo as humans fear mutant?

Furthermore, If mutants are seen as insignificant spikes compared to THE NEO then it would be fun to think of OMEGA LEVEL mutants as the first NEO.

I say let Claremont play with more of his toys if they aren't going to be used elsewhere. And while I am fantasizing I would love to see a Chris Claremont ALPHA FLIGHT book.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 09-22-2014 at 06:52 PM.