Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Composite Steve Blum vs Composite Tara Strong

every power any character they've played can be used. but there's no power-stacking.

1. Khazan Arena
    2. one week of prep time, battle in Khazan.

which ubiquitous voice actor prevails?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    every power any character they've played can be used. but there's no power-stacking.

1. Khazan Arena
    2. one week of prep time, battle in Khazan.

which ubiquitous voice actor prevails?
    Seems like Strong has the massive speed edge, doesn't she? She ought to be able to blitz pretty easily.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Seems like Strong has the massive speed edge, doesn't she? She ought to be able to blitz pretty easily.
    yeah, but Blum has played some characters (like Orochimaru, Wolverine, Amon, Starscream, Sauron, the Lizard, Mangog, Green Goblin, Motimon, etc) where prep-time might be in his favor. Blum has played an insane number of parts. he could get his hands on some red energon and do some mystical stuff in a prep-battle that could even he odds at least a bit.

All-New Member

I'm curious as to whether Strong gets Timmy's fairies (and even if his fairies don't count as his powers, she's voiced Poof so I'm kinda thinking it doesn't matter). If yes, then this is a pretty ugly stomp even with prep. Also she has Bubbles from PPG in her stable, who can probably hang with PC Kryptonians if we only use her high showings (though PPG has wildly inconsistent feats)
    Last edited by AncienRegime; 09-22-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Just having Bubbles is enough, based on the ridiculous speed edge. And she adds all kinds of Twilight Sparkle things as well - as a small child, she turned her parents into house plants, hatched her baby dragon and grew him up to ludicrous size.

Mighty Member

Blum has also played Darkseid (although probably featless, LOL), Roger Smith from the Big O, Kazuma the shell bullet, Shockwave, a bunch of others.

I was kinda hoping that playing Darkseid could nullify the speed advantage of Bubbles a little bit.

if we excluded Bubbles would this be a decent rumble, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    Blum has also played Darkseid (although probably featless, LOL), Roger Smith from the Big O, Kazuma the shell bullet, Shockwave, a bunch of others.

I was kinda hoping that playing Darkseid could nullify the speed advantage of Bubbles a little bit.

if we excluded Bubbles would this be a decent rumble, then?
    Not in the slightest.

Because Twilight Sparkle has some notable TP/TK and transmutation feats. Not to mention all of her magical feats from Teen Titan's Raven, Adult Gwen (Ben 10), Poof (the child of Wanda and Cosmo, Timmy's Fairy Godparents), The Scarlet Witch and Magik from the 90's X-Men.

Then she's got characters like Omi (Xiaolin Showdown), Ben 10 w/Omnitrix (Ben 10), Wonder Woman from that '09 movie, the Invisible Woman (Super Hero Squad), Firestar, the Stepford Cuckoos, X-23, Marrow and Dust (Wolverine and the X-Men), and also a Green Lantern and the Invisible Woman.

Then there's all of her video game appearances which add a lot in themselves, but most importantly has, Harley Quinn and Raven from Injustice Gods Among us (which means she's has Superman level stats regardless), plus a version of Supergirl, Blink from the X-Men, and others.

So she's pretty much got:

Superman level stats
    Invisibility
    Teleportation
    Moderately powerful TP with some TK
    Regen
    Superspeed
    Some considerable magical abilities that include transmutation/probability manipulation
    the Omnitrix/shape-shifting
    Artifacts that give her a variety of esoteric abilities (Xiaolin Showdown)
    Flight
    Energy projection/constructs
    more stuff I'm not going to bother listing

With the prep, she'd just collects the artifacts from Xiaolin Showdown which amp her stats and give her some pretty nasty esoteric abilities, etc, and starts the match invisible.

I'm not very familiar with Blum's stuff, but unless he can ignore ALL of that and actually harm her, well ... it's not going to be very pretty.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Not in the slightest.

Because Twilight Sparkle has some notable TP/TK and transmutation feats. Not to mention all of her magical feats from Teen Titan's Raven, Adult Gwen (Ben 10), Poof (the child of Wanda and Cosmo, Timmy's Fairy Godparents), The Scarlet Witch and Magik from the 90's X-Men.

Then she's got characters like Omi (Xiaolin Showdown), Ben 10 w/Omnitrix (Ben 10), Wonder Woman from that '09 movie, the Invisible Woman (Super Hero Squad), Firestar, the Stepford Cuckoos, X-23, Marrow and Dust (Wolverine and the X-Men), and also a Green Lantern and the Invisible Woman.

Then there's all of her video game appearances which add a lot in themselves, but most importantly has, Harley Quinn and Raven from Injustice Gods Among us (which means she's has Superman level stats regardless), plus a version of Supergirl, Blink from the X-Men, and others.

So she's pretty much got:

Superman level stats
    Invisibility
    Teleportation
    Moderately powerful TP with some TK
    Regen
    Superspeed
    Some considerable magical abilities that include transmutation/probability manipulation
    the Omnitrix/shape-shifting
    Artifacts that give her a variety of esoteric abilities (Xiaolin Showdown)
    Flight
    Energy projection/constructs
    more stuff I'm not going to bother listing

With the prep, she'd just collects the artifacts from Xiaolin Showdown which amp her stats and give her some pretty nasty esoteric abilities, etc, and starts the match invisible.

I'm not very familiar with Blum's stuff, but unless he can ignore ALL of that and actually harm her, well ... it's not going to be very pretty.
    Well, the Darkseid was from JL: War where he got dog-piled from the entire JL and almost fought them off. So, give him that for durability or go straight to Beta Ray Bill (from Marvel Mightest Avengers) and he can take a hit. Add in Wolverine for instant regen and Orochimaru for Total Body-Regeneration and he beats out Strong in regen.

Besides that, I can't really talk much more about Blum power. I just don't know enough about Warhammer/World of Warcraft/FF/etc. His Video game video acting credit are massive. There is enough stuff there that it's not exactly a total stomp.

Has Steve Blum's characters demonstrated any psychic resistance? I know Strong has voiced Ace in JLU. Her mental powers were pretty strong, hypnotizing everyone who saw her on TV. Her psychic powers developed well beyond hypnosis to flat-out reality warping later on. Though it was close to her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Besides that, I can't really talk much more about Blum power. I just don't know enough about Warhammer/World of Warcraft/FF/etc. His Video game video acting credit are massive. There is enough stuff there that it's not exactly a total stomp.
    Well damn. I'd forgotten he did so many video game voices.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Mighty Member

other Blum video game credits include Lex Luthor, Amon Sur, a White Martian leader, R'as Al Ghul, and Batman.

he also played Heatblast and Vilgax on Ben 10

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Has Steve Blum's characters demonstrated any psychic resistance? I know Strong has voiced Ace in JLU. Her mental powers were pretty strong, hypnotizing everyone who saw her on TV. Her psychic powers developed well beyond hypnosis to flat-out reality warping later on. Though it was close to her death.
    Huh. Forgot about Ace.

So yeah ... this is a serious stomp without reality warping resistance/TP resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Well damn. I'd forgotten he did so many video game voices.
    Tara has a sizable video game career as well.

Mighty Member

yeah, if I'd remembered Ace I wouldn't have bothered! Composite Blum is pretty fearsome... but just doesn't have what it takes to win this one.

Astonishing Member

Time to tag in Composite Frank Welker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    She actually played the character Alexa. Keri Russell played Wonder Woman.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

-Robin Williams (Dead Poets Society)

~Member Since: 09/25/2009~
    ~Old CBR Post Count: 834~