BANNED

Default Can there be an MCU Galactus?

I can see why the Fantastic Four are closer to Galactus than some because of the early stories, but nowadays he's a much more universal entity. So does Sony own Galactus, or can he appear in the MCU in a more traditionally large-hatted fashion?

BANNED

No, Fox owns him.

BANNED

Right. Fox not Sony. I forgot. That kind of sucks though.

BANNED

Though as a consolation, they seem to be pushing the Celestials in the movies as the big cosmic dudes. And I think a few of the heralds are useable. Which is still cool and opens up a lot of things I never expected to see in a movie.

I think it's well-established that Galactus is part of the Fantastic Four catalog of properties so he can't show up in the MCU. But it might be one of those characters like Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch in that it could use both. If a director really wanted to use Galactus and had the same clout as Joss Whedon, I think they might be able to get away with it. But absent that kind of influence, I don't think he'll be showing up in the MCU anytime soon. That's a shame too. Would love to see him in a future Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    No, Fox owns him.
    "I have come from the farthest reaches of space --- to proclaim the doom of the human race!"