Page 27 of 145 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Kang as a playable character that only the Agent can use is a unique twist. As I wonder what's Kang's angle is in all of this ?

Spectacular Member Nightstar1441's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Kang as a playable character that only the Agent can use is a unique twist. As I wonder what's Kang's angle is in all of this ?
    Doom is the same way.

I wonder when we are going to get Ultron (maybe he'll finally bond with Daddy Pym) or Red Skull (that whole Nazi world conquering thing is just on big misunderstanding) or Thanos (therapy is helping him be more of a people person).

I'd rather the lockbox hero was another Inhuman.
    Last edited by Nightstar1441; 09-26-2014 at 08:21 PM.

The bruiser High Evolutionary was absolutely ridiculous. Could not hit him with anything. Might need to bring in Hawkeye with a pointer to lock in on him

Tactician was manageable

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1441 View Post
    The bruiser High Evolutionary was absolutely ridiculous. Could not hit him with anything. Might need to bring in Hawkeye with a pointer to lock in on him

Tactician was manageable
    I did pretty well on my Scrapper H.E.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1441 View Post
    Doom is the same way.

I wonder when we are going to get Ultron (maybe he'll finally bond with Daddy Pym) or Red Skull (that whole Nazi world conquering thing is just on big misunderstanding) or Thanos (therapy is helping him be more of a people person).

I'd rather the lockbox hero was another Inhuman.
    They should have made Iron Lad a recruitable character instead.

Very surprised that Kang was made playable. And these group boss battles are pretty tough. Haven't figured out the right combinations to defeat him.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

In a word, bifurcator.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I love these incredibly difficult SpecOp and Boss fights, even if most of the difficulty comes from cheap plays like constant pre-emptive Mental Anguish and clearing debuffs every round

So far in my High Evolutionary battles I've found Spiral to be indispensable (aside from against Tactician HE, since he turns into a Scrapper). Her Depower doesn't seem to work on him even if she applies it before the end of round, but her L2 deals solid damage, she's good for dealing with the Psychic Dinos, and if you have her custom ISO you can constantly rebuff your team with dances.

Pairing her with a hero from the counter-counter-class who does not rely on debuffs has been getting me reliably past 50k damage, but I've still yet to notch my typical 100k+

Also, vs. Scrapper HE, Magneto & Gamora. It's a massacre.

Have people had much luck staffing teams of all mental resist/immune heroes?
    Last edited by krisis; 09-28-2014 at 06:46 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'm really struggling with this GB. I dont even know why, I just can't seem to do much damage at all and am struggling to get even the 5% off.

At level 290, though granted with a lot less of the ISO and equipment of a daily player of that level, you would think I'd be doing quite well, but no. This is the first GB were I'm just hitting a wall.

I dont mind a challenge, but this GB, he's not fun to play
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'm really struggling with this GB. I dont even know why, I just can't seem to do much damage at all and am struggling to get even the 5% off.

At level 290, though granted with a lot less of the ISO and equipment of a daily player of that level, you would think I'd be doing quite well, but no. This is the first GB were I'm just hitting a wall.

I dont mind a challenge, but this GB, he's not fun to play
    I completely agree with you on this. Not fun. I enjoy a challenge, but i went through 9 GB battles yesterday and struggled enormously to get even 5%. On the SO side I'm on the 24 hour research now.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I'm 8 for 10 on getting the 5% so far, and I've used a Generalist agent and a limited pool of heroes to do it: Spiral, Scrapper Cap, Avengers Hulk, Gamora, P5 Colossus, Magneto, Juggernaut. What I've been considering:

- Debuffs are useless, so any hero who trades in damage for debuffs or opportunity-type attacks is a waste

- Unlike past bosses, HE doesn't always strip buffs, so it's safer to use heroes with build-up abilities, like Hulk or War Machine or anyone with Rising Up.

- Extra turns are awesome, as are cooperative attacks and weapons with a chance of following up

- You want to bring at least one counter-counter class hero, because HE makes the transformation regardless of if there are counter-classes to beat up. (i.e., if HE is a Blaster, he will turn into a Infiltrator to beat your Tacticians, so bring a Scrapper.)

If I don't have the psi-immune characters with me, I focus fire on the psychic dinos while my agent heals the Mental Anguish, and then switch to HE. That usually means bringing 2 of the c-c-class to maximize the hurt on HE. If I do have psi-immune characters, I just hammer HE the entire time and ignore the helpers.

As I mentioned above, Magneto/Gamora decimates the non-psi HE.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I've gotten as high as 23% using bifurcator/Reed or Doom. The third floats depending on HE's class.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

We started seeing this last group boss. Playdom seems to have boxed themselves in a corner with all the weapons and debuffs that they only way they can work around it is by making the group boss battles ridiculous. What's the point of all the class bonuses, debuffs and dot effects when all of them are completely neutralized?

They need to accept the fact that they've done a solid job on the game and not to try and break the mold - when they try - this is what we get - multiple pre-emptive mental anquish strikes and immediate debuff clears and over the top debuffs on our team (seriously - one attack exhausted, neutralized, winded and off balanced for every single character on the team?)

The Guy with a Poleaxe FrostyFlakes's Avatar
    Just messing around in the Helicarrier...

I'm gonna be testing Iron Man MK42 and Heroic Age Iron Fist on the Infiltrator that turns into a Bruiser one... I hope I get good results since I got word that thing likes to debuff the crap out of you.
    Brave Bear Bunny (SHSO) l Agent Tacitus (MAA)
    Signature Hero: Captain America
    "Anyone up for a game of Vibranium Frisbee?"

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I just noticed HE's debuff-clearing DOES NOT clear internal bleeding