Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2162
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    spoilers:
    Phyla-Vell and Adam Warlock try to connect with the Multiverse to stop the Incursions. The last thing anyone says is Coulson saying he'll see us on the other side. Considering this is the end of the game, they obviously fail.

If this were a comic, it would obviously have ended with the "There is Only Secret Wars" tagline that pretty much all the Marvel books said before said event began.
    end of spoilers
    Well that's depressing...

EDIT: Awww, someone wrote a fanfic about the game ending! https://www.reddit.com/r/MAA/comment...ike_any_other/
    Last edited by lalalei2001; 09-10-2016 at 05:03 PM.

BANNED

I did it. I finally beaten the FINAL SO and finally beaten Chapter 12 of Season 2.

Wow...4 years. This game will truly be missed and will its sequel. I mean MAA2 gave us more optional attacks that our heroes can used.

Still it was a great run, and it's one I and I believe many others will never forget. Especially if you spend money on this game like I did.

The MAA dev team has been laid off:

http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/15/di...liance-studio/

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post

EDIT: Awww, someone wrote a fanfic about the game ending! https://www.reddit.com/r/MAA/comment...ike_any_other/
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading that story. Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I did it. I finally beaten the FINAL SO and finally beaten Chapter 12 of Season 2.

Wow...4 years. This game will truly be missed and will its sequel. I mean MAA2 gave us more optional attacks that our heroes can used.

Still it was a great run, and it's one I and I believe many others will never forget. Especially if you spend money on this game like I did.
    Yeah, to me the added abilities, the game graphics, and Auto-play are improvements over the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post

I'm hoping all those employees will find new gigs soon. I read somewhere some of the writers and artists are already onto new things.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post

That is awful. I hope they all find great success elsewhere with this work under their belts, but it's never easy when people with similar skills flood the market.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member Nightstar1441's Avatar

I've just sent Adam Warlock off to train to level 15...he is the final character I need to level up. I've been having some fun getting all those alternate costumes I wanted to using them
    Never Surrender!

BANNED

even though i haven't played the first game in a while i still don't understand what is Disney's agenda and motives by taking several games off the market is going to accomplish

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    even though i haven't played the first game in a while i still don't understand what is Disney's agenda and motives by taking several games off the market is going to accomplish
    Both games were hemorrhaging money, so they're focusing on upcoming games that will turn a profit. Maybe.

Here's what I believe is the latest info to be posted:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...nap-story.html

Disney lays off about 250 people in its consumer products and digital unit
    Walt Disney Co. headquarters in Burbank.
    Walt Disney Co. headquarters in Burbank. (Reed Saxon / Associated Press)
    Daniel Miller
    Walt Disney Co. is dominating at the box office this year, but the Burbank entertainment giant is still struggling to find its way in the competitive video games business.

Reflecting changes to the company’s gaming strategy, Disney has laid off about 250 people in its Glendale-based consumer products and interactive media unit.

The cuts, which the company disclosed Wednesday, represent a roughly 5% reduction in the unit’s workforce, the company said.

The staff cutbacks include people who work on video games and administrative staff. In the face of slowing sales, Disney has been revamping its gaming strategy, shifting from the internal development of video games to licensing more content to such developers as Electronic Arts.

Among those affected by the cuts were people based at a studio in Bellevue, Wash., who worked on “Marvel: Avengers Alliance,” a game for mobile platforms and Facebook that Disney has said it would shut down Sept. 30.

“It’s a hit-driven industry, where you constantly need to come up with new content,” said Jason Moser, an analyst for the Motley Fool. “You can build it in-house and take a chance, or focus on the strength of your business. Where Disney is concerned, the strength of the business is intellectual property they already own and being able to license it.”

In May, the company said it would discontinue Disney Infinity, an internally developed series of action-adventure console video games that incorporates physical toys based on Disney characters into the on-screen action. That led to layoffs of roughly 300 people and the closure of the company’s Avalanche Software studio in Utah.

At the time, Disney said it would no longer develop console video games in-house and instead license its characters for such projects. Disney Infinity, which included characters from “Star Wars” and “The Avengers” films and was available on platforms such as Xbox One, was first released in 2013. The company spent about $100 million to develop it.

“I think they made the right call by not putting any more money into it,” said Joost van Dreunen, chief executive of SuperData Research, a video game and interactive entertainment market research firm. “If you are as rich in intellectual property as Disney, you should be doing licensing, not development.”

The consumer products and interactive media unit has experienced a falloff in business this year.

It posted operating income of $324 million, which was off about 7%, for the fiscal third quarter that ended July 2. The company attributed the decline partly to a decrease in merchandise licensing.

For the fiscal second quarter that ended April 2, the unit had operating income of $357 million, which was down 8% from the same period a year ago.

The layoffs also partly affected support personnel who were made redundant by last year’s integration of the previously separate interactive media and consumer products units, said Brian Nelson, a spokesman for Disney.

The staff reduction, first reported by the New York Times, marks the second time in recent months that Disney, an employer of more than 180,000 people, has let workers go. In August, Glendale-based Disney Imagineering laid off an undisclosed number of designers and builders who dream up the company’s parks and attractions.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 09-18-2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Copied and pasted article
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

So....Tomorrow is the last day. Anyone got any last words on the game ?

To me, I felt this game was a great way to expand and explore the Marvel Comics heroes and had an expansive roster far greater than Marvel Ultimate Alliance. While not all favorite characters were in the game at launch and not all of them came at the time of its closure. I'm glad with what we got in the end.

Truly a great ambitious game and one that I will never forget playing.

Thanks to the many people that made this game possible as all of that hard work was truly worth it to the very end.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'll miss this game. The routine of logging in to do my daily tasks and set my guys off to do missions......what am I going to do instead?!

Just started playing Future Fight, but it isn't the same.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

So I guess this is the last day for this game. Very sad. Don't know if I want to play it before it goes down. That may just make the adjustment even harder.

I still enjoyed this game. It was a lot of fun and showed just how good a Marvel RPG could be. I hope Marvel and Disney make something similar down the line. For now, it's just sad that it had to end like this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

Alas this is one final incursion that couldn't be prevented. Such a shame and I hope all those people who worked on the game land on their feet with new employment etc. It's been fun.......pity it comes to an end.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post

That was great!

Gonna miss this game.

In the same line of thought as fanfic, I thought I'd come up with a final set of equipment for my agent to wear into the afterlife...

1. Kuzuri - cool samurai sword always needed. Melee.

2. Coulson's Revenge - who doesn't like a big freakin' gun? Ranged.

3. Vigilante Toolkit - tools for when fights become unpredictable.

4. Iso-Saur Whisperer - because, come on, summoning raptors is just plain cool.

5. Weather Control Device - versatile weapon that would produce cool effects for any fight.

I've got the Neurotrope, Synthetic Cube, etc. but might as well pick fun weapons as my agent's final weapons, not the stuff I used for practically every mission and PVP battle, hah.

Anyway, sitting here with my game open on the last day, just gonna keep it open all day, because why not? It's the last day.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

1. Original Needle Gun, special cause it's first
    2. Coulson's Revenge, used it for a long time, won several adamantium leagues
    3. Signpost, part of another set used for several different seasons, also an adamantium winner
    4. Amplified Rifle, Used to win Adamantium in my final pvp season
    5. Synthetic Cube, probably the item I used the longest of any item in the game

As for the game, I've come to terms that its a positive that Im not invested in a pay to win facebook game anymore, but I'm still sad to see it go. Especially without a satisfying end.