Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrion

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 16 (June 1987):

BANNED

The Carrion saga is getting a nice reprint in the second Marvel Masterworks volume, due out this July.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Master...3&sr=1-1-fkmr2

I haven't read the issues in years but the storyline and Carrion made a big impression on me as a kid. Looking forward to a re-read when the Masterworks collection comes out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The Carrion saga is getting a nice reprint in the second Marvel Masterworks volume, due out this July.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Master...3&sr=1-1-fkmr2

I haven't read the issues in years but the storyline and Carrion made a big impression on me as a kid. Looking forward to a re-read when the Masterworks collection comes out.
    The Carrion Saga being in the Hardcover Masterworks Collection is great for sure.
    Besides the Marvel Masterworks Book, The Carrion Saga is collected in the Amazing Spider-Man:The Original Clone Saga TPB that includes the original Clone Saga
    and have as well other Carrion stories from the Spectacular Spider-Man comic book.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 02-15-2019 at 07:46 AM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    That's why I enjoyed the McBride version ... his powers were more clearly defined than the original Carrion's. And I love his explanation of his "flight" powers, how he doesn't fly so much as drift (the Maximum Carnage game did a great job with Carrion, although he was a real pain in the butt).
    He was dangerous if you were fighting enemies, since you had to keep moving all the time to not get grabbed by him, but once everyone else was cleared out, you could just keep kicking in the air until you had beaten him.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

from The Spectacular Spider-Man #25 (December 1978)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

It was a cool concept, and one Gerry Conway used to tie up a lot of loose ends in his PPTSSM run during the late 80s/early 90s.

Funny to think that PPTSSM #149 functioned as an epilogue to the original Clone Saga, given that ASM #149 was Ben Reilly's first full appearance.