Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm fine with it.

Everyone was forced into doing a tie-in to the latest crappy cash grab, so Slott used it to introduce a character he's planned on introducing anyway. That's basically no-harm-no-foul in my book.

P.S. May died. She will never be brought back. Proof? The undying popularity of Sins Past. Let her go.
    Just. Be. Nice.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Sins Past didn't stop Spider-Gwen from existing and being popular despite how bad a light Sins Past cast on 616 Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    You assume Mayday would be a teen. Considering how slow time crawls by in the MU, she would probably be a toddler if she had survived.

Also, since Mephisto undid the whole marriage with the abomination that came to be known as OMD the whole spider baby story is null and void.
    For all we know Mephisto and Mary, whose forced to agree to save her daughter, worked out a deal where Mephisto got to keep Baby May and is saving her for a rainy day when Spider-Man really angers him. For giggles, he ages her up so he can fully exploit her Spider-Powers or he put her in a time chamber where 1 day outside = 1 year inside so she will be fully trained, grown, and loyal to Papa Mephisto.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 09-23-2014 at 07:15 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Sins Past didn't stop Spider-Gwen from existing and being popular despite how bad a light Sins Past cast on 616 Gwen.
    True, but that's VERY different from letting Peter have a child, an idea that was even nixed for Sins Past. By the way, I'm only speaking about 616. I mean no offense to MC2 May at all.

Also, Spider-Gwen is alternate universe not 616.

I think the damage done to Gwen by the Sins Past arc is overstated anyway, but the negative backlash against that story certainly hurts any chance of a future story/status quo where Peter has a child (something Marvel editorial don't want because it "ages" him).

Fortunately, Gwen fans can either ignore SP or defend her actions. Personally, while not a huge Gwen fan myself, I just ignore it or put it down to a bad idea.

And just to take your point about the popularity of Spider-Gwen, that's all on the delightful Emma Stone. She was absolutely charming in that role.
    Just. Be. Nice.

If Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Captain America, Cannonball, Deadpool, and the such can have children than so can Peter.

BANNED

^Agreed so much. It doesn't matter the various circumstances through which the characters have children, and I think Deadpool is somehow the closest example. Seriously, we're going to trust Deadpool with a kid, but not Peter?

Heck, Jubilee is raising a baby and she's so young!

Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It hasn't been long enough since the events of Spider-Man #75 for Peter and MJ to have a teenage child.

I guess Slott wanted to introduce a spider-character who wasn't related to Peter.

An element of Original Sin is that the sins are tied to things that happened early in the histories of the characters. Thor discovers he has a sister. Tony Stark had a connection to Hulk's origin. Matt Murdoch learns something about why his mother abandoned him.

It wouldn't be consistent with that to have Peter's big secret connect to something that happened in the 1990s comics.
    That's very informative. Myth at explains most of the sins, but I have a question about the X-Men Original Sin. How does Xavier's will become an Original Sin? Yes it shows a secret at the start of the Mutant story, but does the eye exploding reveal this will? How is this connected to the OS story at all?

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, if Marvel wanted to have an "sin" for Spider-Man that didn't involve another person he's never met also being bitten by the same radioactive spider, or revisit baby May or One More Day because they rather not dredge all that stuff up again, what about this idea:

Richard Parker is still alive and, while he was imprisoned, was brainwashed into becoming...the Chameleon? Meaning that Dmitri Smerdyakov is actually an alias/false identity based off an actual person whom the Chameleon adopted.
    That's not a bad idea. Have we ever seen the Chameleon without the White face mask?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    That's not a bad idea. Have we ever seen the Chameleon without the White face mask?
    In Power and Responsibility, it was shown that Chameleon had changed identities so many times in his life that he had lost all semblance of a concrete identity and even what his own face looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    In Power and Responsibility, it was shown that Chameleon had changed identities so many times in his life that he had lost all semblance of a concrete identity and even what his own face looked like.
    Thanks. I hadn't seen the Chameleons true identity in the flesh either.