Default Anyone want a $22.00 Spider-Verse trade when it retails for $75?

The first issue hasn't hit the stands yet and Amazon has a solicitation. In their information the page count was 600+. Thinking this was a snafu, I purchased the book the day the listing became public.

Now the information is stating the book will retail for $75.00, and Amazon is still selling for $22ish.

I do not work for Amazon. I am not affiliated with them. I will get no money referring you there. My thoughts of purchasing this book before it hit the stands: If it stinks I can cancel. If may not be able to lock into that price again. Heck - the company will probably cancel the orders due to their error - still, worth a shot?

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spider...410538&sr=1-13

That sounds like an interesting strategy.

BANNED

Well, it does say Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

BANNED

Went and ordered it. Looks like it went #1 from all the pre-orders.

Too bad it doesn't actually come out until April of next year.

I pre-ordered it. It's honestly a win-win to go for. If Spider-Verse is good, you got the story and tie-ins for a steal and if not, you can cancel the pre-order and not be charged a thing. You literally have nothing to lose jumping on it.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

similar on Amazon UK site too, came to £18.72 after my student discount was added, but estimate being 13 May /:
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

All-New Member

it says $45.88 now =/

BANNED

Yeah. Price went up.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for bringing this to my attention. Totally a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Yeah. Price went up.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for bringing this to my attention. Totally a great deal.
    Thanks for the kudos. May have to take a picture of your post as I never knew internet could be used for good

Happy to share the information I had.

AnnnnNNNnnnNNnnd on that note - while the price has gone up, it's also DOWN from what folks said earlier. The current price is $37.50 - half of retail.

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    Thanks for the kudos. May have to take a picture of your post as I never knew internet could be used for good

Happy to share the information I had.

AnnnnNNNnnnNNnnd on that note - while the price has gone up, it's also DOWN from what folks said earlier. The current price is $37.50 - half of retail.
    I just ordered it, and it gave me an additional $9.00-ish promotional bonus. I can't figure out why, but it only charged me $28.00. So I missed the $22.00 deal, but this seems like a good consolation prize.

Has anyone else noticed that this collects EVERYTHING? There's supposed to be a separate "Edge of Spider-Verse" trade, but this seems to encompass that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I just ordered it, and it gave me an additional $9.00-ish promotional bonus. I can't figure out why, but it only charged me $28.00. So I missed the $22.00 deal, but this seems like a good consolation prize.

Has anyone else noticed that this collects EVERYTHING? There's supposed to be a separate "Edge of Spider-Verse" trade, but this seems to encompass that, too.
    It probably charged you $28.00 because of the included tax and shipping for the order. All of that included, it charged me $27.37.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It probably charged you $28.00 because of the included tax and shipping for the order. All of that included, it charged me $27.37.
    Well, no...the tax and shipping would hae made the order go UP. I missed the original $22.00 deal and I ordered it at the $37.50 price. I have Amazon Prime, so I don't get charged for shipping. Amazon doesn't charge me tax where I live. The only thing I can think of is that Amazon recently screwed up one of my orders and they promised me some extra money as a kickback, so maybe that was it.

The nice thing is that Amazon always promises the lower price, so if it drops again we all benefit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post

Amazon has strange promos that you don't know you're getting all the time. I got an MP3 promo for ordering a CD recently and I didn't even see anything on the listing mentioning a promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Amazon has strange promos that you don't know you're getting all the time. I got an MP3 promo for ordering a CD recently and I didn't even see anything on the listing mentioning a promo.
    And now (9/24) its $26.