Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

if they did do a Black Widow movie i'd like Yelena Belova to be in it i like her way more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    This is it.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...ternationally/

A pretty impressive showing. I wasn't expecting Lucy to bomb but never banked on it doing this well at the box office either. Hopefully this will convince Marvel that Scarlett can be a draw. Also its a MCU film so people will flock to see it anyways.

If Disney/Marvel can take a chance with Guardians of The Galaxy then do it with a Black Widow film.
    A SHIELD movie is something that should have come out after Marvels The Avengers. But instead of a big crazy spy movie about Fury, Black Widow, and Hawkeye we got a crappy tv show with some D team that barely felt connected to SHIELD. Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson had to go find their own action movies to do.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 09-22-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    I would prefer someone with actual superpowers instead of just a really good commando.
    The villain(s) could have superpowers. I think it's important a Black Widow movie is set firmly in the superhero world, not just a spy movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    The villain(s) could have superpowers. I think it's important a Black Widow movie is set firmly in the superhero world, not just a spy movie.
    Just make it a combination of both. Like Winter Soldier did

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    A SHIELD movie is something that should have come out after Marvels The Avengers. But instead of a big crazy spy movie about Fury, Black Widow, and Hawkeye we got a crappy tv show with some D team that felt barely to SHIELD. Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson had to go find their own action movies to do.
    That actually would have been interesting. Throw in Mockingbird and you got yourself a Agents of SHIELD film.

After "Atomic Blonde" and the upcoming "Red Sparrow", it appears everyone is making a Black Widow movie except Marvel. Imagine those films, but with some MCU connections and I'd go see that. It doesn't have to have the budget of a Captain America to be a good spy movie. And it's about time Widow gets some real development with her character without having to share the spotlight with a dozen other characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    After "Atomic Blonde" and the upcoming "Red Sparrow", it appears everyone is making a Black Widow movie except Marvel. Imagine those films, but with some MCU connections and I'd go see that. It doesn't have to have the budget of a Captain America to be a good spy movie. And it's about time Widow gets some real development with her character without having to share the spotlight with a dozen other characters.
    I don't see why a Black Widow film should have a lower budget than a Bond movie.

Atomic Blonde was one of the year's biggest bombs, though, it should not be used as an example.

The way Marvel should should ot it is they really think about doing Shield first. Then you can spin-off Black Widow and Hawkeye(together or separately). That being said, I have to say I have not been a fan of these actors in these roles. If Eva Green was Widow and Josh Holloway was Clint I would reserve a ticket right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Atomic Blonde was one of the year's biggest bombs, though, it should not be used as an example.

The way Marvel should should ot it is they really think about doing Shield first. Then you can spin-off Black Widow and Hawkeye(together or separately). That being said, I have to say I have not been a fan of these actors in these roles. If Eva Green was Widow and Josh Holloway was Clint I would reserve a ticket right away.
    Renner is a bit old but is a fine hawkeye when hes given something to do. Id be more interested in hawkeye and Widow movie then just widow. But having her share the title would take away from it being a female led movie. Which if they do make a movie is gonna be why. All the publicity that comes with it. But imo scarjo is fine in small doses she interacts with the avengers well but i have zero interest in seeing awhole movie about her Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Renner is a bit old but is a fine hawkeye when hes given something to do. Id be more interested in hawkeye and Widow movie then just widow. But having her share the title would take away from it being a female led movie. Which if they do make a movie is gonna be why. All the publicity that comes with it. But imo scarjo is fine in small doses she interacts with the avengers well but i have zero interest in seeing awhole movie about her Black Widow.
    To me Renner never had that Hawkeye swager that he has in the comics, not to mention the looks. The guy is a lady's man and in the movies they make him the quintessential family man. Not to mention they forgot the motormouth aspect. It's like they never grasped what Hawkeye was or they chose to do their own thing. For future references filmmakers should read the first Matt Fraction series. There's a scene where Clint drives a man completely nuts and it's funny as Hell and that's Hawkeye, his personality will drive anybody nuts.

Speaking of Red Sparrow, with Jennifer Lawrence, holly crap Marvel should sue. It is pretty much a Black Widow origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    To me Renner never had that Hawkeye swager that he has in the comics, not to mention the looks. The guy is a lady's man and in the movies they make him the quintessential family man. Not to mention they forgot the motormouth aspect. It's like they never grasped what Hawkeye was or they chose to do their own thing. For future references filmmakers should read the first Matt Fraction series. There's a scene where Clint drives a man completely nuts and it's funny as Hell and that's Hawkeye, his personality will drive anybody nuts.
    What you have to get is that very few MCU characters are based on the 616 but instead take their cues from 6160, and Ultimate Clint is a professional SHIELD Agent and family man, and not even remotely a motormouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What you have to get is that very few MCU characters are based on the 616 but instead take their cues from 6160, and Ultimate Clint is a professional SHIELD Agent and family man, and not even remotely a motormouth.
    For sure. When I saw Clint's family in AoU my arms about fell off in that all vestiges of the real Hawkeye was gone. Then I remembered something Avi Arad had said about The Ultimates being perfect for the movies and remembered Mark Millar's Ultimate Hawkeye that he was more of a serious true blue guy who went back to his family after every battle. So I figured that maybe that is why they did that. But They should at least kept Ultimate Hawkeye's abilities too(who is not just an archer but he's like Bullseye).

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't see why a Black Widow film should have a lower budget than a Bond movie.
    It's just my preference that a Black Widow movie not be swallowed up by nonsense the way the Bond movies have where they're barely even spy movies any more. My hope is that a BW movie be a bit more down to earth than the rest of the MCU, but it most likely won't. :/

BANNED

It's just my preference that a Black Widow movie not be swallowed up by nonsense the way the Bond movies have where they're barely even spy movies any more. My hope is that a BW movie be a bit more down to earth than the rest of the MCU, but it most likely won't. :/
    Looks at every Bond movie ever except From Russia with Love...
    They're currently better at the whole spy stuff than they ever were.

Holy thread necromancy Batman!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium