Default Heroes in Need of Comics!

I gotta say, upon searching for some comic book series to follow, I was shocked that many of the heroes I would have thought would have their own solo series, instead have absolutely nothing! Characters like Black Panther for example, I was disappointed to find out the only thing current he's in is New Avengers. So my question is this: which characters do you think are gravely in need of a solo series? I say Black Panther for sure, but who else comes to mind?

BANNED

Dr. Strange instantly comes to mind.

Personally, I'm going to say Winter Soldier. You could say that he's in two series already - and will apparently play a significant role in Original Sin - but he's not the focal point of either one of them. With the success of the movie, he probably has enough clout to sustain an ongoing series, and hopefully, by the end of Original Sin, he'll end up in a place within the MU ripe for exploring.

Frenzy. It's a shame that after all of the great work Professor Carey did with the character, she was pretty much tossed aside. All she's had are some cameos in Spurrier's Legacy.

Oh, and Warpath. It's a crime that that guy is just wallpaper.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Namor, Falcon, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Taskmaster, Mockingbird, Nick Fury Sr. Or Jr.

Probably a few others but I have to say it's kinda cool that I can no longer put Storm on list like this now

Quote Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
    Personally, I'm going to say Winter Soldier. You could say that he's in two series already - and will apparently play a significant role in Original Sin - but he's not the focal point of either one of them. With the success of the movie, he probably has enough clout to sustain an ongoing series, and hopefully, by the end of Original Sin, he'll end up in a place within the MU ripe for exploring.
    Oh good choice, it's the perfect time for it too, seeing as the Winter Solider movie just came out. And he's due to be a main character next year in the third movie as well. There's probably a lot of new fans who'd like to read his material. I must say I'm excited to hear about his involvement in the Original Sin, I wasn't aware of that before.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Namor, Falcon, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Taskmaster, Mockingbird, Nick Fury Sr. Or Jr.

Probably a few others but I have to say it's kinda cool that I can no longer put Storm on list like this now
    Oh I could so get behind a solo series for an updated Falcon, something closer to the Winter Solider film. I almost forgot some of those characters like Taskmaster and Mockingbird even existed! Further proof they need some coverage.
    Last edited by Sentry-Mann; 05-07-2014 at 07:29 AM.

BANNED

HA! I would love for a Falcon solo minus the guns but more of an espinage angle to the series.

As for Taskmaster you should check out a couple of his mini's. The Undo one is a perfect example of how the character could become a solo star and the others have been pretty good as well. You should also check out Mockingbird in the last Secret Avengers series and her mini(canceled ongoing?) with Hawkeye. I believe that is more than enough proof to show that she could be a really great solo character.

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

The first that comes to mind is Shang-Chi the Master of Kung Fu, particularly if Monech would consent to write him and the gang of Reston, Leiko Wu and Black Jack. If Monech couldn't or wouldn't do it my next choice would be Brubaker or Gage. I know Shang has a mini-series coming up soon, but an ongoing dealing with the ever overlapping 'games of death and deceit' would be outstanding.

Others I would like to see would be Winter Soldier, Namor and Vision (if only to get his convoluted backstory stabilized). I would also like to see Kathy Webster (aka Free Spirit) utilized and further developed as a supporting character.

Completely agree on Black Panther. Also all of these:

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Namor, Falcon, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mockingbird, Nick Fury Sr.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    The first that comes to mind is Shang-Chi the Master of Kung Fu, particularly if Monech would consent to write him and the gang of Reston, Leiko Wu and Black Jack. If Monech couldn't or wouldn't do it my next choice would be Brubaker or Gage. I know Shang has a mini-series coming up soon, but an ongoing dealing with the ever overlapping 'games of death and deceit' would be outstanding.
    Black Knight
    Hank Pym or Wasp, ideally the other could be supporting cast for whichever had a book.
    Hellcat
    Daimon Hellstrom
    Scott Lang

Probably others that will spring to mind the moment I press post.

I would also like to see Kathy Webster (aka Free Spirit) utilized and further developed as a supporting character.
    A guy I know on another forum had a cool idea for a Jack Flag/Free Spirit mini based around Jack readjusting to life back on Earth with Kathy helping him while they tour the country taking down people like the Sons of the Serpent.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post

Others I would like to see would be Winter Soldier, Namor and Vision (if only to get his convoluted backstory stabilized). I would also like to see Kathy Webster (aka Free Spirit) utilized and further developed as a supporting character.
    Oh, Vision would be an excellent idea!

Mockingbird. There's so much that writers could do with her, as shown by the few writers who bother to use her. Bobbi's an incredibly versatile character; science stories, spy stories, heroic stories, morally ambiguous stories. You could tell them all with her. She even has her own supporting cast in the form of the WCA -- her own freakin' spy agency.

Taskmaster isn't quite a hero, but he really doesn't fit into the villain category. Maybe anti-hero? I'd love to see what happened after Secret Avengers. Does he come back with his abilities intact? What about his memories? Does he remember everything, some things, or nothing?

Winter Soldier is the biggest omission to me due to how great and successful the movie was.

Wasp should have her own comic, and they should elevate her to A-List status, since she's the first female Avenger and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    Wasp should have her own comic, and they should elevate her to A-List status, since she's the first female Avenger and all.
    Not to mention how successful she is outside the Avengers. She's funding the Uncanny Avengers. Businesswoman and hero.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Would love to see Bendis and Maleev pick upwhere they left off with Spider-Woman.

Blue Marvel. His Mini was great and Ewing is using him nicely in MA. Would like to see him get a chance.

I would like to see solo books for a trio on the New Avengers. Dr. Strange needs one, especially with a movie on the way. I'd like to see Namor get one but only with a great artist. Black Panther too, would love Hickman to write a BP solo.