BANNED

Default Favorite Spidey beat downs?

Post or talk about your favorite scans of the Web Head kicking A$$.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...6900-tumbl.png

I would've liked better it if Reed said 'Spectacular' and then Spidey would say 'Amazing', though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Him single handedly beating the shit out of all the X-Men in Secret Wars. A beating so demoralizing that Prof X had to cheat and use a mind wipe to cover up.

BANNED

Iron man 2020

Infamous Firelord beatdown

kkkkiiingpin

what Issue is that ironman fight from?

Amazing Member

Spidey beating up Kingpin was one of the greatest issues ever. Shame about the nonsense that came immediately after. I can never remember if we're supposed to even think that actually happened now.

For all Slott's strengths, I can't say I really remember any of the fights he's scripted - it's not his strong point, that's for sure.

Astonishing Member

First one that always comes to mind...Spider-Man vs. Morlun in The Amazing Spider-Man: Coming Home.

Spiderman kicking the crap out of the Cobra in Spectacular Spiderman 44 was hilarious

I'd have to say "Trick of the Light" (Peter Parker Spider-Man #25) was one of my favorite Spider-Man pummels. Green Goblin beat the crap out of Spidey in that fight, too, but I still loved it.

Without question, the beatdown of Kingpin. Peter full of rage, in front of the entire prison, epic.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Came here to post that. Peter kicking the crap out of The Kingpin was the only redeeming thing about Back in Black.

Just the entire set piece of it all. Peter throwing down with Wilson in the middle of a prison. And that for all the talk Wilson had, without his money or resources, he really was no real threat.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    what Issue is that ironman fight from?

Pissed off spidey.

BANNED

I don't really have any favs from the actual comics, BUT I do have a couple from the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series:

The first is Spidey's first fight with Rhino. Spidey is getting his butt handed to him all over downtown until he notices Rhino stopping for a drink break. Correctly deducing that the impenetrable armor Rhino is encased in except for his face is causing heat-dispersion problems. Spidey tricks Rhino into even bigger attacks on him and leads him into the steam tunnels under the street. Ultimately Rhino collapses from heat exhaustion, and Spidey then tricks him into revealing a clue towards the identity of the Big Man of Crime (in this series, Tombstone).

The other is one of (if not the first, I can't remember which) Spidey's fights with Shocker. He tricks Shocker into weaking the balcony supports of the abandoned theater they're duking it out in and then "brings down the house".

That scene by the way is called back to in a later ep, where Rhino (of all people) pulls much the same stunt on him and Spidey laments "Oh man...tell me I did not just fall for a gag I pulled on Shocker..."