Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I couldn't agree more! As much as I enjoy Grodd in battle, his intelligence should always be the focus. IMO the trend in recent years has just been to show how he can rip off heads, eat brains, be angry, etc. These actions would have better impact if they were few and far between--when he's been pushed "too far."
    I like Grodd when he's brutal. But I just wish they'd show his physical power in a different manner. Trading blows with the likes of Aquaman, Wonder Woman. Superman and Captain Marvel would be a much better way to establish how physically imposing Grodd is in a fight than say easily ripping people apart limb by limb.

I agree with all of you. I think his intelligent side should always be front and center. I want to see him building/using some high-end tech and being able to compete intellectually with DC's big brains, both heroic and villainous. Only in certain situations should his rabid/feral side come out.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I can't wait to see some Grodd vs. Aquaman action. I hope this leads to some Atlantis vs. Gorilla City tension as well. Maybe some political tension that could potentially lead to warfare or a even a few battle skirmishes. I think if/when Aquaman develops his telepathy to a greater degree, these two can prove to be perfect opponents for one another. I much prefer Grodd as an Aquaman foe rather than a Flash foe.

Catwoman_027_Vol1993_DC-Comics__ComiClash.jpg

I've got to pull this out of storage and re-read...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I can't wait to see some Grodd vs. Aquaman action. I hope this leads to some Atlantis vs. Gorilla City tension as well. Maybe some political tension that could potentially lead to warfare or a even a few battle skirmishes. I think if/when Aquaman develops his telepathy to a greater degree, these two can prove to be perfect opponents for one another. I much prefer Grodd as an Aquaman foe rather than a Flash foe.
    I hope Grodd proves that, while on land, he is a lot stronger and too much for Arthur to handle. For some reason I get the feeling that Aquaman will use battle tactics similar to those as he faced Hercules, who like Grodd was a very physically imposing foe. I, too, would like to see Gorilla City and Atlantis go to war. And I, personally, love it when Grodd is a villain not only for a single hero, but for the entire Justice League (he even appears in Justice League #34 battling Superman & Luthor).

But, I must admit, I'm really looking forward to Paul Pelletier's art on this issue. I'd kill to have him on the Hulk series again for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I hope Grodd proves that, while on land, he is a lot stronger and too much for Arthur to handle. For some reason I get the feeling that Aquaman will use battle tactics similar to those as he faced Hercules, who like Grodd was a very physically imposing foe. I, too, would like to see Gorilla City and Atlantis go to war. And I, personally, love it when Grodd is a villain not only for a single hero, but for the entire Justice League (he even appears in Justice League #34 battling Superman & Luthor).

But, I must admit, I'm really looking forward to Paul Pelletier's art on this issue. I'd kill to have him on the Hulk series again for a few years.
    Great points. While I do want to see Grodd and Aquaman scrap it out, I hope that Grodd still uses his intelligence, like so many of us want. I also like Pelletier's artwork, but my only pet peeve is that I don't always like the way he draws people's faces. I would have loved it if Ivan Reis stayed on the title as I feel he was perfect for it. I would love to see him draw an Aquaman vs. Grodd battle.

In regards to Gorilla City in the DCnU 52, what type of tech exists? Does Gorilla City still have the advanced tech like before or no?

BANNED

Don't forget to pick up Aquaman #37!

We get to see Gorilla Grodd clash with Aquaman and Mera!

In Gorilla City!!!

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-preview-aquaman-37/

I just hope that when (if) Grodd appears on the new Flash Show. He gets more attention then being a one shot/one episode bad guy/joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Don't forget to pick up Aquaman #37!

We get to see Gorilla Grodd clash with Aquaman and Mera!

In Gorilla City!!!

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-preview-aquaman-37/

This looks really good. I like the art and seeing Gorilla City and Atlantis interact is awesome. I can't wait to read this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    I just hope that when (if) Grodd appears on the new Flash Show. He gets more attention then being a one shot/one episode bad guy/joke.
    I know what you mean. I'd like Grodd to be an ultimate threat. Maybe 3-4 episode arch akin to his latest appearance in the New52 Flash comics. I believe it was called Gorilla Warfare.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I loved Grodd when he was in the SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS title. He was one mean, manipulative monkey!
    That comic book was the first time I saw him. He was amazing!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

GRODD IS COMING:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59306

This looks good. Hopefully Grodd is done right and really gets to shine.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Grodd appeared again in the AWESOME ending scene on Flash.
    Last edited by signalman112; 02-20-2015 at 12:22 AM.