Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think the only logical time they could have brought Gwen back was in the wake of Brand New Day in place of Carlie Cooper, though I doubt fans would have responded too well to the move.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

She should stay dead.

Also, unlike Norman or Harry, Gwen's death was genuinely important and had a lasting impact of Peter's character.

Yes, Norman was referenced but usually only in relation to Gwen's death or to set up a new enemy for Spider-man. Peter has never acted as though Norman's death changed the course of his entire life.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaltonL227 View Post
    I love Gwen, but the only way I'd be okay with her coming back is if there were a complete Spider-Man/Marvel continuity reboot, for whatever reason. But, I seriously doubt that will happen any time soon.
    That's the main way I could see it happening, unless Marvel changes their minds about having Gwen come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think the only logical time they could have brought Gwen back was in the wake of Brand New Day in place of Carlie Cooper, though I doubt fans would have responded too well to the move.
    The thing I don't understand is how would Peter and MJ not getting married have affected whether or not Gwen was alive? I mean Gwen died years before the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Gwen is only relevant if she's dead. She's the reminder of the cost of being a superhero. Without her death story she's just another superhero girlfriend.
    I don't think it would be a good idea to bring her back, but she could still be relevant in that scenario. She'd be someone whose life was ruined by the superheroes. That could be a big deal.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

On one hand, bringing Gwen back would rob Osborn of the power he has over Spider-Man. (That and discovering Spidey's identity were the 2 things that really cemented the Goblin as Spider-man's greatest foe.)

But on the other hand there has been SOOO many resurrections, retcons, and so forth that I can't really see a valid reason why she should stay dead when so many others in the MU have not.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Invoke the Clone Saga again? I thought you were a Spider-Man fan.
    They could figure out a way to make it work. And it wouldn't revolve around the clones. If would revolve around the return of the real Gwen. As little clones as possible.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Leaving her dead = more repetitive flashbacks, lookalikes, cousins, clones, and Sin's Past style storylines.
    Which only resulted because the creators were trying to mine the story for more drama or to recreate a situation that never really existed in the first place.

Spider-Man Blue was a very good way to reflect upon Gwen's life without trying to bring her back.

Bringing her back = tons of drama and potential stories, plus it means less potential love interests that no one cares about
    None of which are guaranteed to be good. Leaving her dead leads to a lot of drama and potential stories. And I doubt her return would all of a sudden mean an end to all love interests coming into the book to romance Peter. Heck, her initial presence didn't stop that.

BANNED

Better than him getting back with MJ.

And it wouldn't be the worst thing they've done. That was SpOck.

Fantastic Member

Yes, have her trapped on a hellish island for five years. She comes back to clean up her city.

ASM2 is out now. Gwen fever is on the downward slope she won't be in any more movies. Let her stay gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    She should stay dead.

Also, unlike Norman or Harry, Gwen's death was genuinely important and had a lasting impact of Peter's character.

Yes, Norman was referenced but usually only in relation to Gwen's death or to set up a new enemy for Spider-man. Peter has never acted as though Norman's death changed the course of his entire life.
    Norman's death may not have changed the course of Spidey's life, but Norman's actions while he was alive most definitely did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    ASM2 is out now. Gwen fever is on the downward slope she won't be in any more movies. Let her stay gone.
    We can't be sure of that. Gwen fever could very well be on the upward swing and with all this new interest in her, "The Day Gwen Stacy Came Back" might be right around the corner and Gwen returning in ASM 4 or 5 is also possible. Box office receipts for ASM 2 have been good which could stir discussion about bringing Gwen back. If the idea shows enough potential profit, it could happen, whether you like it or not. Sorry.
    Last edited by dddaaavvv; 05-09-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Send in the clone

Yes, Bring her back. Especially since MJ has abandoned Peter and it appears Black Cat is out to kill him. I'm sure a good writer could make it work, and if not, you can kill her off agian.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    Yes, Bring her back. Especially since MJ has abandoned Peter and it appears Black Cat is out to kill him. I'm sure a good writer could make it work, and if not, you can kill her off agian.
    It certainly sounds like a good time to bring her back, and considering all the other outlandish storylines that have been given some degree of believability, a good writer could most definitely make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by dddaaavvv View Post
    We can't be sure of that. Gwen fever could very well be on the upward swing and with all this new interest in her, "The Day Gwen Stacy Came Back" might be right around the corner and Gwen returning in ASM 4 or 5 is also possible. Box office receipts for ASM 2 have been good which could stir discussion about bringing Gwen back. If the idea shows enough potential profit, it could happen, whether you like it or not. Sorry.
    Wouldn't ASM 2 just reinforce the idea of leaving Gwen dead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Wouldn't ASM 2 just reinforce the idea of leaving Gwen dead?
    Wouldn't Capt. America: the First Avenger just reinforce the idea of leaving Bucky dead?

Wouldn't X-2: X-Men United just reinforce the idea of leaving Jean Grey Dead?

Wouldn't The Avengers just reinforce the idea of leaving Phil Coulson dead?

Wouldn't X-Men: The Last Stand just reinforce the idea of leaving Jean Grey dead...again?
    Last edited by dddaaavvv; 05-09-2014 at 04:01 PM.