Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default (Uncanny X-men) Shouldn't Matthew Malloy have been depowered during House of M?

Bendis seems to be ignoring his own work,and it seems like a massive plot hole to me.No more mutants should have solved the Malloy issue.

BANNED

Didn't some mutants remain powered after M Day? Like all of the X-Men during AvX?

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Didn't some mutants remain powered after M Day? Like all of the X-Men during AvX?
    Im not sure what the circumstances where outside of Genosha,where i think Dr Strange protected those present.Hoping someone can fill in the blanks.

Not all mutants were depowerd.

Even if he was depowerd, he could have been re powered post-AVX when the Phoenix did its thing. All we know is he had powers a year ago and that he has powers presently. He could have been depowerd and re powered during this time for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Not all mutants were depowerd.

Even if he was depowerd, he could have been re powered post-AVX when the Phoenix did its thing. All we know is he had powers a year ago and that he has powers presently. He could have been depowerd and re powered during this time for all we know.
    The Phoenix didnt repower old mutants, it caused new ones to activate.I only raise this point because BOTH are bendis storys,and plot holes drive me nuts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PERRY777 View Post
    The Phoenix didnt repower old mutants, it caused new ones to activate.I only raise this point because BOTH are bendis storys,and plot holes drive me nuts lol.
    Well I agree about plot holes. When things in stories aren't stated explicitly, I just use my imagination to come up with a solution. It makes enjoying comic books much easier.

So in other words, I just assume that maybe since Xavier had Matthew not showing up on Cerebro, perhaps Matthew wasn't targeted during the "no more mutants" spell. Maybe Xavier was suppressing his x-gene so he wasn't technically a mutant at the time.

But if there's a more explicit explanation I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Well I agree about plot holes. When things in stories aren't stated explicitly, I just use my imagination to come up with a solution. It makes enjoying comic books much easier.

So in other words, I just assume that maybe since Xavier had Matthew not showing up on Cerebro, perhaps Matthew wasn't targeted during the "no more mutants" spell. Maybe Xavier was suppressing his x-gene so he wasn't technically a mutant at the time.

But if there's a more explicit explanation I'm all ears.
    Your theory is as plausible as any ive heard.

if he is as powerful as we are lead to believe then maybe he was able to deflect the spell.

Currently MagSeven

The 198 mutants left with their powers after M-Day was more of a good guess or estimation of the number of mutants left. Not the exact number. That leaves room for more mutants so Malloy was probably never depowered. Not really a plot hole.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Op not all mutants were depowered. Matthew retained his powers. Simple as that
    X-Men Forever

Also he is supposed to be more powerfull than omega lvl. I don't think skarlet bitch even with the chaos powers could make him loose his powers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PERRY777 View Post
    Bendis seems to be ignoring his own work,and it seems like a massive plot hole to me.No more mutants should have solved the Malloy issue.
    Except that there were mutants after M-Day. Malloy was just lucky to be among the very small minority of mutants who did not lose their power.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyMcDonald View Post
    Except that there were mutants after M-Day. Malloy was just lucky to be among the very small minority of mutants who did not lose their power.
    He just destroyed a town by accident I don't think he sees keeping his powers as a good thing.

After M day why didn't cerebro pick this guy up? There weren't many mutants and he's supposed to be really powerful so he would've definitely shown up or was there an explanation why?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    After M day why didn't cerebro pick this guy up? There weren't many mutants and he's supposed to be really powerful so he would've definitely shown up or was there an explanation why?
    That's often a question to be asked of Cerebro, surely? Although there may have been more mutants then, Cerebro presumably didn't pick up Mad Jim Jaspers back in the day, and I doubt if Malloy (however powerful he may be) would approach the hilariously vast and potentially omniversal power of 616-Jaspers.