Thread: Scott Lobdell

Incredible Member

Default Scott Lobdell

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/...mics-for-free/

It's been reported by Bleeding Cool that comic retailers at Rose City Comic Con have said that Lobdell bought back issues of his own run on X-men and are giving out signed copies to children, free of charge. I'll be the first to say I've given Lobdell a lot of crap (for Red Hood and the Outlaws especially) but if the reports are true, I have to admit this is a pretty decent thing to do and it helps out the local retailers. My respect for the guy has gone way up.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    It's been reported by Bleeding Cool that comic retailers at Rose City Comic Con have said that Lobdell bought back issues of his own run on X-men and are giving out signed copies to children, free of charge. I'll be the first to say I've given Lobdell a lot of crap (for Red Hood and the Outlaws especially) but if the reports are true, I have to admit this is a pretty decent thing to do and it helps out the local retailers. My respect for the guy has gone way up.
    Yeah, that IS cool, thanks for sharing.

He should've been distributing Generation X, too, though. That title he wrote actually is about kids. Though you can't beat the brand recognition of X-Men in this sort of situation.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Spectacular Member

Much respect to Lobdell if the reports true. Though I have given him crap for the crappy Superboy and Teen Titans titles he wrote for the New 52, I know half the blame belongs to DC editorial and their constant meddling.

BANNED

His work on Teen Titans has been truly catastrophic, no question here.

But nice gesture here, that's nice.