All-New Member

Default Copyrights for images from old Comic Books

Hey,
    I am currently working on an article about Will Eisner and Stan Lee for a Jewish history magazine called "Segula". Aside from writing the article my job at the magazine is to find photos that we could use for the article. A part of this means to check the copyrights. The pictures would be mostly from the Golden/Silver age. The magazine is very colorful and we need highres pictures. I intend to use "The Golden/Silver Age of DC Comics" and other personal books that I own. Is there anyone here who could tell what are the legal standings regarding using images and covers from these books/issues?
    I know that using low res images to discuss about the comics themselves is considered Fair-Use, but I don't think that's enough for us.
    Thanks,
    Yonadav

The book should have copyright information for all those images. Use that as a start for doing your homework on who, if anyone, currently holds copyright.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist