Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Green Arrow #31 Discussion/Spoilers

Oh my God, that last page! Green Arrow's Rogue Gallery is back!

Pick of the week once again, this creative team is on fire. I'm convinced they can do no wrong.

I can't lie, I was a bit disappointed that he didn't join the "new" Outsiders.

If nothing else this issue has made me look forward to next month.

2 Things:

1) Went you start a spoilers thread, its best to actually have spoilers in your post.

2) from the newly announced rebooted board rules:

NO REVIEW THREADS OF NEW RELEASES BEFORE 9AM EST

Threads to discuss newly-released comics may be created at 9:00 AM Eastern on the day the issues are released in the United States.
    Thread closed for a bit. When I reopen, please consider putting the spoilers of the issue in. If that is not something you want to do, dont open the thread. Wait till someone else does it and then reply with what you have above.

Good to go. 9am EST achieved

Why do we have to wait until 9am? It's available on ComiXology at 2am EST.

Anyway, awesome issue as usual. I'm glad GA didn't join the Outsiders and I think he's right about them. That last page tho. Can't wait for next month. Best comics of the month since #17.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Aw why not before 9am? I live in Holland, 9am is 4pm or so, I usually go here before I go to the comic shop to see what's great and what not.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Another flawless issue. I was not expecting Ollie to break the totem arrow like that. I'm looking forward to his epic confrontation with Richard Dragon and the assembled rogues. I also really like how Lemire writes Katana in this story arc.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

It was cool seeing all those rogues at the end. Why couldn't we have skipped this pointless super ninja illuminati mess and jump right into the street crime stuff?

Great issue once again and that ending page..wow
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    It was cool seeing all those rogues at the end. Why couldn't we have skipped this pointless super ninja illuminati mess and jump right into the street crime stuff?
    What?Ollie now has an actual legacy instead of being a Batman with a bow as he was in old DCU..I liked the mysticism in GA..It seems refreshing to have different arcs having different genre feel

BANNED

Green Arrow had long graduated from being "batman with a bow". He was a cool dude who screwed up sometimes, but he cared about his friends and tried to protect people on the streets. That's all Green Arrow is supposed to be. DC is moving more towards having him be Batman with a bow thanks to the CW show. I like Green Arrow to be a bit of a parody of Batman, to reveal the weakness of the premise. He's still that, but it's way too dramatic. He needs a sense of humor again.

That Outsiders mess is not only a direct pull from Batman's type of 70s-onward storytelling, it is a concept ripped straight from Batman itself. It's the Outsiders! This is Green Arrow's League of Assassins.

True there, the next arc sounds like something I could be strongly interested in.

Anyway this issue was good, regardless of my lack of interest in this particular story arc.
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-07-2014 at 09:09 AM.

BANNED

I'm just waiting to see why this Green Arrow is supposed to be a super hero. It seems he spends most of his time wearing a disguise around people who already know who he is so he can self-absorb into the own drama of his life. There's really no altruism to him.

Astonishing Member

Green Arrow had long graduated from being "batman with a bow". He was a cool dude who screwed up sometimes, but he cared about his friends and tried to protect people on the streets. That's all Green Arrow is supposed to be. DC is moving more towards having him be Batman with a bow thanks to the CW show. I like Green Arrow to be a bit of a parody of Batman, to reveal the weakness of the premise. He's still that, but it's way too dramatic. He needs a sense of humor again.

That Outsiders mess is not only a direct pull from Batman's type of 70s-onward storytelling, it is a concept ripped straight from Batman itself. It's the Outsiders! This is Green Arrow's League of Assassins.
    Neither DC or Denny O'Neil invented ancient secret societies.

For example the idea of the League of Assassins owes a heavy debt to stories of the Assassins sect that existed in the Mideast before the Mongol Invasion.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-07-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Why do we have to wait until 9am? It's available on ComiXology at 2am EST.

Anyway, awesome issue as usual. I'm glad GA didn't join the Outsiders and I think he's right about them. That last page tho. Can't wait for next month. Best comics of the month since #17.
    I'm guessing the forum wants to avoid spoilers for those who get their comics from a store that doesn't open until the morning. Personally I mean just avoid the thread, but I guess they're wanting everyone to get in on the discussion at the beginning? My store doesn't even open until 11 -.-