Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Random thought: "The New 52 Future's End" = the end of the New 52?

Not sure if this theory has been posted, but....

This is the New 52's future, and it's post-apocalyptic

Thus it will most likely require time-travel or something to ensure that it doesn't happen.

Which means we might have another crisis situation where the New 52 timeline is altered, giving DC the opportunity to discard anything they think didn't work in the last 3.5 years and bring back what fanboys missed (like ginger Wally), and to potentially rebrand and to use #1's again if they wanted.

I'm not anti-New-52. It's just a thought.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 05-07-2014 at 06:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

assuming that is in fact pre-flashpoint tim showing up, then between that and earth war there will be some changes; possibly even an IC style soft reboot. but nothing too drastic (no lian/irey/chris, no old JSA, no nightwing-led titans etc)

Seems unlikely they'd change much anytime soon, since they just started the Secret Origins series. Not generally the sort of thing one does for a continuity one is about to discard.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

Incredible Member

Yeah, but they wouldn't have to change everything.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 05-07-2014 at 06:44 AM.

DC would look so bad if they did that. All that resetting and 3 years of work to just go back to old DCU where there were a lot of problems, would make DC look really bad.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Well, to be blunt, DC isn't looking too hot anyway. And 3 years has been about the standard these days. 52... Final Crisis... Flashpoint...
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

If this does all lead to a reboot, it'll be a tiny one that's almost unnoticeable, like the one caused by Final Crisis. "What reboot?" Exactly.

I don't remember FC having any noticeable changes to continuity. Asides of Batman dying pretty much nothing happened that had any meaningful follow up?

Coming out of Futures End I could easily see it to be an excuse to retcon a thing or two here and there in the present day main continuity, but it'd be few and far between at best. There's absolutely no chance it ends the New 52 altogether.

Wouldn't be a bad place to officially drop the "New" from the name, though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-07-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't remember FC having any noticeable changes to continuity. Asides of Batman dying pretty much nothing happened that had any meaningful follow up?
    Exactly my point

There are actually more things in Forever Evil pointing to a Crisis event than anything that's appeared so far in Futures End (though, that's all of 2 issues so... ) But Futures End and that other weekly World's End are likely tied to it somehow. The ending date of all the weeklies is VERY suspicious to me; they end in March next year, and the 30th anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths is that April. Add in the mention of red skies popping up in Forever Evil (and the actual presence of red skies in Futures End in the 35 years in the future timeline, for that matter) and Earth 3 being destroyed by... something... that is very powerful and referred to as a 'he' it's pretty obvious Anti-Monitor is coming.

But I don't think it will end in a complete reboot.

I had a similar thought.
    Which led me to post this: http://community.comicbookresources....-A-Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    There are actually more things in Forever Evil pointing to a Crisis event than anything that's appeared so far in Futures End (though, that's all of 2 issues so... ) But Futures End and that other weekly World's End are likely tied to it somehow. The ending date of all the weeklies is VERY suspicious to me; they end in March next year, and the 30th anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths is that April. Add in the mention of red skies popping up in Forever Evil (and the actual presence of red skies in Futures End in the 35 years in the future timeline, for that matter) and Earth 3 being destroyed by... something... that is very powerful and referred to as a 'he' it's pretty obvious Anti-Monitor is coming.

But I don't think it will end in a complete reboot.
    And everything seems to allude towards some war between main earth and earth-2, War on Infinite Earths?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    If this does all lead to a reboot, it'll be a tiny one that's almost unnoticeable, like the one caused by Final Crisis. "What reboot?" Exactly.
    It wrote the New Gods out of continuity and established the 52 worlds better. It also opened up the story for travel between the earths of the multiverse and it killed Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Mr. Terrific. DC didn't follow up the event well because it was supposed to lead into Multiversity and into the New 52. Johns screwed it up with his silly zombie story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Well, to be blunt, DC isn't looking too hot anyway. And 3 years has been about the standard these days. 52... Final Crisis... Flashpoint...
    humm DC really needs a big shake up that forever evil should have done.

At leat the brand new 52 has to go away, doesn't make too much sense