Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default The New 52: Futures End #1 Spoilers

Well, they killed my favorite character. Still, this is a quite good setting for the story, I'm sold already.

Promising first issue definitely, a bit of a fast read but the next one comes next week so I shouldn't complaint.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Wow that ending.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I was expecting to like this book, but wow, much better than I expected it to be. When I saw Grifter killing that family, I was thinking "Oh no...DC haters will be all over this." So it was nice to know he actually had a reason for doing that. Really though, I loved that there are so many storylines running through this book. Definitely most interested in the Batman Beyond and Grifter storylines so far. Though the StormWatch and Firestorm storylines weren't bad either.

2 Things:

1) Went you start a spoilers thread, its best to actually have spoilers in your post.

2) from the newly announced rebooted board rules:

NO REVIEW THREADS OF NEW RELEASES BEFORE 9AM EST

Threads to discuss newly-released comics may be created at 9:00 AM Eastern on the day the issues are released in the United States.
    Thread closed for a bit. When I reopen, please consider putting the spoilers of the issue in. If that is not something you want to do, dont open the thread. Wait till someone else does it and then reply.

Good to go. 9am EST achieved

The highlight of this issue, for me, was Firestorm. I've never really been much of a fan of the character, besides his Black Lantern counterpart, but something just clicked with this issue.

Hopefully we'll see more of the character in this series.

Spectacular Member

Glad I am not the only one who thought it was a quick read. Still good issue, cannot wait for next week.

Metal Woman

Whoa! I was not expecting to like this issue as much as I did! That ending though! So sad...Definitely looking forward to more of this, really liked the Batman Beyond and Firestorm storylines but I'm looking forward to who else they have coming. Is there anywhere I can get #0 digitally or do they only have the hard copies from Free Comic Book Day?

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Whoa! I was not expecting to like this issue as much as I did! That ending though! So sad...Definitely looking forward to more of this, really liked the Batman Beyond and Firestorm storylines but I'm looking forward to who else they have coming. Is there anywhere I can get #0 digitally or do they only have the hard copies from Free Comic Book Day?
    I'm pretty sure #0 was supposed to be on up Comixology today.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    I'm pretty sure #0 was supposed to be on up Comixology today.

Ok, I'll take a look for it, if not no big deal, thanks!

Pretty good! How many issues, do you think, before they stop killing characters and start telling the story?

With the amount of death in first few pages you would have swore this was written by grant morrison. its a good read thou. :rolleyes: hope it continues to get better so it can prove those pessimist wrong.

BANNED

As a fan of the real Green Arrow, it was nice to see the old dead guy on the final page, even if he isn't so alive anymore.

BANNED

Why are the characters looking so old? It's 5 years later not 30 years later. At the new 52 relaunch most DC characters Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow etc.. are in their mid twenties.

I read this and i'm in..I don't get all the hate that was spewed on this title over the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    Why are the characters looking so old? It's 5 years later not 30 years later. At the new 52 relaunch most DC characters Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow etc.. are in their mid twenties.
    I think you were talking about issue #0 which takes place 35 years from current day.
    Last edited by Kryptoniac; 05-07-2014 at 08:54 AM.