Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    As a fan of the real Green Arrow, it was nice to see the old dead guy on the final page, even if he isn't so alive anymore.
    The real Green Arrow is the one we currently have.

Liked it. Even Grifter was cool.

So lets start some speculations. Who attacked Stormwatch? Easy answers seams to be Brother Eye, but I found it strange that Eye would come from outer space. Maybe same aliens that Grifter is fighting against?

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    Why are the characters looking so old? It's 5 years later not 30 years later. At the new 52 relaunch most DC characters Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow etc.. are in their mid twenties.
    Green Arrow was looking more old when he returned from the island (Green Arrow #25), and that was 11-12 years before his death in Futures End #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    That beardy, dead GA might be Ollie's dad? Depending on how Outsider's War plays out? Lemire is writing this one too...

I really liked it.

I like Firestorm's new colors/design. I didn't read his solo, so I don't remember how he looked there, but the glowing elements (face, hands, feet) work better for the character, imo.

Terry was great. The way he was talking to A.L.F.R.E.D. -- it definitely read like Will Friedle was saying the lines.

Patrick Zircher did a great job all the way through.

BANNED

Until he becomes an improvement in character, he hasn't earned that yet. He has 75 years to live up to first. There are plenty of New 52 character versions I prefer over the originals. Arrow isn't one of them, yet. I'm not closed-minded, I just want good Green Arrow stories, and we haven't gotten those yet. So far, he's been a better character in the Injustice comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    That beardy, dead GA might be Ollie's dad? Depending on how Outsider's War plays out? Lemire is writing this one too...
    The ending came out today. Also, Robert Queen died two issues ago. That's Oliver in Future's End. They even said it was. Robert has gray hair, anyhow.

Yeah, they referred to him by name, 'Ollie's lab' I remember for sure, I think they called him Ollie elsewhere too.

Well, they killed my favorite character. Still, this is a quite good setting for the story, I'm sold already.

Promising first issue definitely, a bit of a fast read but the next one comes next week so I shouldn't complaint.
    Well, as you can see from my avatar, my favorite had it pretty rough. Still, 5 years in the future, so whatever. I figure if nothing else, this means any character who dies has at least appeared in this, so they basically have 5 years locked in where they can't die, so it's not so bad, really. Still, though. a shame.

But I'm not convinced there won't be a twist to bring them back somehow. I mean, they have Jenny Q in their corner. If nothing else, an alternate them can come out of the Bleed, or something. I dunno.

*edit - ALSO, keep in mind that in the 35 years timeline, Frankenstein had Hawkman's arm, so... I mean I guess he could have picked it out of the wreckage, but I'm thinking that transplant comes a bit later after he's lost his marbles thanks to Brother Eye and started stealing bodyparts.

But that scene was strange. What was it? it wasn't Brother Eye, he can't blow apart something like that, and the 'eye/I' verbal tic was missing from the speech, and I can't see that Apollo would be so shocked by what he saw, whatever it was, if it was just Brother Eye's satellite. So, yeah, something else is involved.

Overall though, I liked it.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-07-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

That was pretty good. Much better than the zero issue.

Anyone else notice Hawkman has the totem of the fist clan on his hand?

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    The ending came out today. Also, Robert Queen died two issues ago. That's Oliver in Future's End. They even said it was. Robert has gray hair, anyhow.
    Oopsies! I'm behind on GA, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Anyone else notice Hawkman has the totem of the fist clan on his hand?
    Are you sure about that?

Good read ,like this better than the Batman weekly.

BANNED

I liked, I will keep reading.

it somehow remember me of the skrull invasion on civil war/secret war, whatever it was named at Marvel. Aliens using humans skin.

So are we to assume the timeline Terry travelled back to is the Nu-52 (+5 years)? This would explain a few things... I didn't know Hawkman joined Stormwatch for instance, but if there's a 5year jump already it would make more sense

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    So are we to assume the timeline Terry travelled back to is the Nu-52 (+5 years)? This would explain a few things... I didn't know Hawkman joined Stormwatch for instance, but if there's a 5year jump already it would make more sense
    yes, Terry is 5 years into the future of new52