Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Truth View Post
    Hero deaths galore!

Seriously, DC?
    Are people really going to complain about killing some heroes -_-? always felt DC and Marvel is too campy.

Just noticed, the OMAC Terry brings back with him is on the Future's End teaser. She's to the immediate right of Frankenstein. Anybody figure out who she is?

BANNED

She attacked with Batman Incorporated. I thought she was supposed to be Scorpiana, the Black Glove villain.

I was combing over Green Arrow's 'new' costume in the future, which is mostly a throwback. He has a long beard and long shaggy hair with no armor. His outfit is all cloth with a poncho and a basic cloth domino. His bow and arrows seem to be wood again. I guess Oliver became a bit of a naturalist/hippie in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Are people really going to complain about killing some heroes -_-? always felt DC and Marvel is too campy.
    Actually I think the complaint is mostly about the big2 constantly doing this for the past 10-20 years in events to hope we find it shocking to get a pop in short term sales. It's been done to death, pardon the pun. And it's boring and cliche and always undone and everyone's brought to life again so it's meaningless.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Just noticed, the OMAC Terry brings back with him is on the Future's End teaser. She's to the immediate right of Frankenstein. Anybody figure out who she is?
    Based on the teaser and the other characters in the teaser, my guess would be Kunoichi from Blackhawks. Could just be wishful thinking that something from that series makes it back into the spotlight though.

Loved this issue. I get the complaints about deaths and future timelines being undone, but for me the cool part is seeing all of these underused characters and how those characters react to and deal with what is happening. Even if none of this counts when it is all done, and keeping in mind that anything that happens only counts if the next writer bothers, I think the portrayal of the characters so far is really well done and far more interesting than any deaths that have occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Connor Hawke
    plus poppa Queen and the evil archer in GA as well. Bad day for people who use a bow.

I enjoyed it more than I was expecting to, but I'm not sold on the entire series just yet. Going to give it two or three more issues before adding it to my pull list.

On the plus side, though, I fully expect to see Hawkman again. The only question is, in what capacity? Stormwatch's end was ambiguous enough to assume they could turn up alive, but even if they don't, there's been a couple of teaser images alluding to the fact that Brother Eye zombie Hawkman may make an appearance, which could be cool, too, in its own sick, twisted way.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

It's kinda hard to comment, I mean, most of this sh!t won't come to fruition, but this was a pretty good issue...

Good first issue. I'm glad it's going to be structured more like 52 rather than the way the Batman Eternal team is handling their weekly. Getting snippets here and there of different story lines interweaving together generally, to me, makes it more suspenseful.

Patrick Zircher was in fine form here. The storytelling and linework were all very impressive.

Also, do we know who came up with some of the new designs? I'm liking Firestorm's and Hawkman's new suits much more than their current ones.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamdinger View Post
    Actually I think the complaint is mostly about the big2 constantly doing this for the past 10-20 years in events to hope we find it shocking to get a pop in short term sales. It's been done to death, pardon the pun. And it's boring and cliche and always undone and everyone's brought to life again so it's meaningless.
    "I found the Amulet."

Color me unimpressed. Terry and A.L.F.R.E.D. bickering was the most enjoyable part of this for me. The deaths have no impact on the continuity, and the idea that Brother Eye took over the most dangerous weapon anywhere near earth and just blew it up felt like an excuse for an explosion. The story has to really grab people if they're going to keep buying this title week after week. This is decent, but nothing about it left me feeling desperate to know what's going to happen next.

I really enjoyed this much more then I thought I would. I was originally skeptical about this series because going 5 years into the future so early in the new 52 seemed too early right now, but I was very impressed with the story. I also love how Batman wasn't used to hold the whole issue together. Grifter and Firestorm got their time to shine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Oh please, Green Arrow currently has the best run of his whole history and I should know, I have read all of his adventures from the Golden Age to today.
    I read Year One but I didn't start reading the monthly Green Arrow until the brightest day series, but I am loving the New 52 Green Arrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    When the teaser cam out, I thought she looked like she could be Traci 13, who I always expected to show up somewhere after Flashpoint. But now that there seems to be a SHADE-Stormwatch connection, I'm wondering if there's any way she could be Jenny Q.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-07-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Maybe Nightshade.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I liked, I will keep reading.

it somehow remember me of the skrull invasion on civil war/secret war, whatever it was named at Marvel. Aliens using humans skin.
    Those are Daemonites, an alien race imported from Wildstorm, introduced to DC in Grifter's short lived solo series, and not much done with them since, aside from tying them to Hawkman in some way (I dunno how exactly, I never read it, just heard about it) and Helspont appearing in Superman (to no real consequence). They've been doing that secret invasion thing since long before Secret Invasion. They are able to disguise themselves as humans or any other race by taking over their bodies, they could be anyone. Grifter is able to spot them, because they botched a procedure with him, but 'no, that guy is really an alien, seriously!' tends to make someone look crazy, so... he's going things alone, and everyone just thinks he's a serial killer. Not sure if they will actually play a role here or if this was just intended to introduce the type of character Grifter is, but there you go, in case it does become relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    My thoughts exactly, as i skimed the book. Not sure if I will follow this all the way through, but if each issue is as good or better than this one....well ill be on board all year. A question though. Did Batman Beyond inadvertently kick this all off by bringing thar cyborg with him and leaving it on a roof? I guess time will tell.
    That would be a HUGE paradox... and one that I don't think is needed, since Brother Eye is already created before he arrives, and, as seen in JLI, his new programmer, who/whatever that may be, has already gained control of Brother Eye. (and presumably was what blew up the Carrier) But i do suspect that cyborg will be relevant in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    There's something in a solicit about Frankenstein and Shade getting a deep-space distress call, and since Stormwatch now has a member who is a former agent of SHADE, it seems like she or they survived to send the signal. I even wonder if Apollo is really that easy to permanently kill; maybe he''ll reconstitute himself, or Jenny Q will be be able to reconstitute him, as an energy being or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I enjoyed it more than I was expecting to, but I'm not sold on the entire series just yet. Going to give it two or three more issues before adding it to my pull list.

On the plus side, though, I fully expect to see Hawkman again. The only question is, in what capacity? Stormwatch's end was ambiguous enough to assume they could turn up alive, but even if they don't, there's been a couple of teaser images alluding to the fact that Brother Eye zombie Hawkman may make an appearance, which could be cool, too, in its own sick, twisted way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    When the teaser cam out, I thought she looked like she could be Traci 13, who I always expected to show up somewhere after Flashpoint. But now that there seems to be a SHADE-Stormwatch connection, I'm wondering if there's any way she could be Jenny Q.
    The fact that they never showed Jenny Q at all is strange, and could provide a scenario where she brings them back, somehow. She is kind of ABSURDLY powerful, so... I dunno if that character in the teaser reads as Jenny to me, and she kind of seems to be a a bad guy, but I suppose it could be. Oh, and I just noticed that Frankenstein has Hawkman's arm in that teaser, too. hm... so he may get it sooner than I originally thought.

mediocre

quite disappointing really
    I feel sudden flashbacks from Countdown