Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Damn I hope that's not it for Stormwatch. I was hoping this series would be a second chance for them. Hopefully they were able to make a last second escape.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    My thoughts exactly, as i skimed the book. Not sure if I will follow this all the way through, but if each issue is as good or better than this one....well ill be on board all year. A question though. Did Batman Beyond inadvertently kick this all off by bringing thar cyborg with him and leaving it on a roof? I guess time will tell.
    Yeah that would definitely be a Terminator style time paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Just noticed, the OMAC Terry brings back with him is on the Future's End teaser. She's to the immediate right of Frankenstein. Anybody figure out who she is?
    It could be LADYTRON. There are a number of Wildstorm characters in this series and it would be a good place to include her. Though they did tease the character's appearance in the short lived Team 7 book. But having her connected to Futures End would be a better and more high profile way to introduce Ladytron into the DCU. plus it'll make Alan Moore upset that DC is using a character he created.

Ultimate Member

This was pretty good.

Enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Damn I hope that's not it for Stormwatch. I was hoping this series would be a second chance for them. Hopefully they were able to make a last second escape.

Yeah that would definitely be a Terminator style time paradox.

It could be LADYTRON. There are a number of Wildstorm characters in this series and it would be a good place to include her. Though they did tease the character's appearance in the short lived Team 7 book. But having her connected to Futures End would be a better and more high profile way to introduce Ladytron into the DCU. plus it'll make Alan Moore upset that DC is using a character he created.
    Ladytron is not Asian... this character, at least in the issue is clearly Asian... (the drawing is too small to say for sure in the teaser, but she does have black hair) which shortens the list of potentials, assuming she is an existing character, considerably.

But yeah, definitely the same character.

That she appears in both the teaser before getting taken over by Brother Eye and this issue probably means she is fairly important.

Wait, what if the girl's Emiko?

She has been mentioned in the solicits, and it looks like she is in Jeff Lemire's corner of the series... but Emiko doesn't have powers, does she? her hands are glowing in the teaser.

really good

was better than I thought it would be
    It really reminds me of 52

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Solid first outing. Really cool premise and lots of love for b-list characters. Quite awesome.

I've never really read grifter comics (but I have always loved his cool bandana mask), is he always this violent? What kind of anti-hero is he? Punisher style or more wolverine-like?

Seeing Batman Beyond in a New 52 comic is simply great. He looks amazing too, really solid interpretation of the show's outfit.

I bet the Midnighter survived but poor Apollo... What kind of relationship do those two have in the New 52? Are they friends, casual lovers, boyfriends or maried?

I noticed the Stormwatch guys said they were traveling between universes... Is there just one Stormwatch for the entire multiverse? I always thought they just protected Prime Earth, not all 52 Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Solid first outing. Really cool premise and lots of love for b-list characters. Quite awesome.

I've never really read grifter comics (but I have always loved his cool bandana mask), is he always this violent? What kind of anti-hero is he? Punisher style or more wolverine-like?

Seeing Batman Beyond in a New 52 comic is simply great. He looks amazing too, really solid interpretation of the show's outfit.

I bet the Midnighter survived but poor Apollo... What kind of relationship do those two have in the New 52? Are they friends, casual lovers, boyfriends or maried?

I noticed the Stormwatch guys said they were traveling between universes... Is there just one Stormwatch for the entire multiverse? I always thought they just protected Prime Earth, not all 52 Earths.
    Grifter is kind of like Roddy Piper from "They Live". He's the only one who can see the evil aliens pretending to be humans. So to everyone else he comes off as a crazy murderer but he's actually taking out Daemonites trying to infiltrate and take over the world. Personality wise he's more of a smart ass con man, hence the name Grifter.

Midnighter and Apollo are (were) dating in the New 52.

As far as I know Stormwatch only patrols Prime Earth. Their ship hides out in The Bleed so as to stay undetected. I'm sure once Multiversity happens and DC delves more into the multiverse characters will be allowed to explore the different earths. I think they're waiting for Grant to write the rules and lay the foundation before Stormwatch, Booster Gold, etc. go exploring.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-08-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    There has been no clarification on this for the New 52 AFAIK, but back in the Wildstorm days alternate versions of the team showed up somewhat regularly. There was a gender swapped version in the Millar run and a bunch of others during the Lost Year.

I liked issue #0 and #1 a lot
    I am on board for now each week and plan on buying many Futures End crossover books in September.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I liked issue #0 and #1 a lot
    I am on board for now each week and plan on buying many Futures End crossover books in September.
    I have to say that a lot of the premises from Futures End Month do sound pretty awesome, kinda like the ones from DC One Million.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Grifter is kind of like Roddy Piper from "They Live".
    Ha, Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking of, as I read this. He'd be chewing bubblegum under that mask... but he ran out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RKitch View Post
    Wait, what if the girl's Emiko?
    What, because she's Asian? Anyway, it looks like she has powers. From what we know about Emiko, she doesn't have powers.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Ladytron is not Asian... this character, at least in the issue is clearly Asian... (the drawing is too small to say for sure in the teaser, but she does have black hair) which shortens the list of potentials, assuming she is an existing character, considerably.

But yeah, definitely the same character.
    I don't know why but it seems like it could be a new version of Crazy Jane to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    What, because she's Asian? Anyway, it looks like she has powers. From what we know about Emiko, she doesn't have powers.
    There was nothing involved with race in saying that. I mainly said it because she's appearing in this series and there was a female character that we have no idea who they are.