Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    One thing I always say, whenever things are bleak or bad;
    The sun will continue to shine.

Take what you think of it.
    Didn't see this other post by DebkoX; this is good, too! Good advice!

BANNED

Honestly assess and admit to your own culpability in the matter so you can learn from it.

Move on.

You move on. You can't force people to like you if they don't they don't and ultimately that is their problem not yours. You can spent your entire life try to please others.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 09-23-2014 at 05:53 PM.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

MOOT offers homilies:

Love and respect yourself above anybody else , (yes everyone ) and I promise you, you would never feel like this again.
    Nonsense, of course. Your emotions are responses to stimuli. You're not going to eliminate emotional reactions, you can only control what you do with it or how much importance you put on it. Going into it thinking "I'll never feel like this again" is only going to make you feel like something's wrong with you when you do.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

And a rock feels no pain
    And an island never cries

(That brings up another thing I do when I'm down: Listen to a lot of Simon and Garfunkel. But there's only so many times you can hum along with "The Boxer" before you have to get up and face the day.)
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

When I'm sad I pop in my favourite movie, drink my favourite drink and eat my favourite take-away. Doesn't mean it won't hurt for a while, but it will get easier each day. So make that first day AWESOME!!!

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    It's more online.

And not necessarily stuff like insulting or saying stuff to intentionally offend him. But more like, he just didn't want to talk with me anymore and felt that... eh it's complicated.
    I've had that happen with an online buddy. It's weird cause it's different than an offline friend yet there was a while I talked to him more than than them and we knew each other from Myspace to Facebook and over several forums and had collaborated on a fansite. And then who knows? He deleted me off Facebook and I don't see him anymore. It wasn't so sudden though, he interacted less and less and then I realized I didn't see his posts anymore and checked to see if we were still connected on FB and nope. So I guess I had time to move on.

It's weird but you go on and realize you have other people/posters in your life and will make new friends and acquaintances. Like any wound, it hurts more at the beginning and then scars overs.

I was gonna say that it depends on 1) the previous nature of the relationship (personal/platonic, professional, romantic, familial, marital, etc) and 2) the nature of the fallout (who did what to whom, how bad was it, how much is your fault, how much is their fault, how much time has passed, what attempts have been made to make up since, etc).

But if this is an ONLINE-only platonic relationship (i.e. like you and me, or me and anyone else on these boards) with no actual in-person interaction?

Like almost everyone has said: Move on. Plenty of other fish in the sea that is the Interwebs.

What do you do if a friend breaks up with you and doesn't want to associate with you anymore? What would you do to cheer yourself up and make yourself happy or what things make you feel better?
    Tequila & a new friend is all that you need.

I also would go shopping for a new hat or two. I'd get me some good cigars some Tequila and invite my new friend to play some of my boardgames. So yeah, go buy some new shit!

Meh, who cares? All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

BANNED

Thank you everyone for these wonderful advices.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO IF A FRIEND BROKE UP WITH YOU OR DOESN'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU ANYMORE?
    Well, first I keep up a campaign of letters, gifts, and emails to his house. I escalate this from a one every few days to multiple phone calls, letters and gifts a day, so he can see the growing of my love. Then I hang out on his porch singing songs about love, waiting for him to appear. When he comes to look, I lift my search to reveal my ace - a tattoo of his face on my torso. That's what I do, but it is the wrong thing to do. I should move on and be chilled out.

BANNED

They can go screw themselves. I need real friends, not someone who after ten years of talking almost every day tells me he's done with me because I say something he needed to hear. And certainly not in the year I needed his support the most.