Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default "The World Belongs to No One"- Black Adam Appreciation Thread

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Original Champion of Magic.

The Ruler and Protector of Khandaq.

He is Teth-Adam.

The Mighty Black Adam!

And this is his appreciation thread.

Bow at his feet... or get crushed beneath his boot!

Black Adam was always a cool character. My first exposure on Black Adam was when I was reading The Power of Shazam origin story with Billy. I also think Johns done a good job with Black Adam as well in Dark Reign.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Black Adam was always a cool character. My first exposure on Black Adam was when I was reading The Power of Shazam origin story with Billy. I also think Johns done a good job with Black Adam as well in Dark Reign.
    Yeah, Black Adam is awesome! I can only hope Dwayne Johnson does the character justice in the live-action Shazam film. I think he will, considering that he's also a major fan of Black Adam.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Question.

Is there an appreciation thread for Billy Batson/Shazam?

If not, someone needs to create it. He's one of my favorite heroes, just like Black Adam is one of my favorite anti-heroes.

seriously? there's a black adam thread now?

ow well, how can i resist?

BANNED

BANNED

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

52 made me love him. The depictions of his personality aren't always consistent (usually just seems to have a varying level of rationality and bloodlust), but he's one of my favorite villains, if not #1 (he and Joker are neck and neck)!

I loved playing as him in Injustice. Though I could only do basic combos, videos like this are always fun to watch, imo!

Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

BANNED

inb4captaincoldrespectthread

Anyway, I thought Black Adam was cool ever since he reformed and joined the JSA.

Loved the scene in his mini-series when he was trying to get his powers back and ate one of his followers. IIRC, his follower volunteered for it. Heh. The man was loved!

I fell in love with the character during Johns' JSA run. Particularly the Black Reign arc. Revamping Black Adam is one of the best things Johns has done in his illustrious career.