Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I fell in love with the character during Johns' JSA run. Particularly the Black Reign arc. Revamping Black Adam is one of the best things Johns has done in his illustrious career.

Same here. Black Reign was a fantasic arc. I'm hoping the Shazam movie does well enough, and Dwayne Johnson is good enough, that Black Adam gets his own solo movie.

Fantastic character, indeed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-L View Post
    Fantastic character, indeed!
    Couldn't agree more. A truly fantastic villain/anti-hero.

Black Adam's first appearance in The Marvel Family #1

Some of those old stories were pretty damn violent.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

As you can probably tell, I'm kind of a fan....

Really excited to see him on the big screen finally, I hope The Rock will do him justice. My hope is the Shazam movie will make him a household name, many comic book fans know the name but not so much the general public. He is already one of DC's and comics in general, greatest I'll say "not-heroes" since he blurs the line between anti-hero and villain somewhat, but I really think he could go to that next level, having his name mentioned up along sides the Jokers and Magnetos of the world.

Black-Adam-vs-Ultraman-Justice-League-24.jpg

In general I've been pretty satisfied with his portrayal in the New 52, however I felt he went down way too easily against Ultraman during Forever Evil, though he did kinda get his revenge.

Also during FE I liked how they kind of hinted at a friendship or at least mutual respect between him and Sinestro, I could see them getting along, they are both motivated by wanting to protect their people and both are not afraid of using extreme force to do so.
    Last edited by Black_Adam; 09-29-2014 at 07:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    As you can probably tell, I'm kind of a fan....

Really excited to see him on the big screen finally, I hope The Rock will do him justice. My hope is the Shazam movie will make him a household name, many comic book fans know the name but not so much the general public. He is already one of DC's and comics in general, greatest I'll say "not-heroes" since he blurs the line between anti-hero and villain somewhat, but I really think he could go to that next level, having his name mentioned up along sides the Jokers and Magnetos of the world.

Black-Adam-vs-Ultraman-Justice-League-24.jpg

In general I've been pretty satisfied with his portrayal in the New 52, however I felt he went down way too easily against Ultraman during Forever Evil, though he did kinda get his revenge.

Also during FE I liked how they kind of hinted at a friendship or at least mutual respect between him and Sinestro, I could see them getting along, they are both motivated by wanting to protect their people and both are not afraid of using extreme force to do so.
    Agreed.

The only thing about Forever Evil that I didn't like was how that altercation went down. I would have rather had Ultraman and his entire team work together to take Black Adam down in an epic fight than having him beaten solely by Ultraman. But at least in their later altercations it seemed that it was pretty even, and in some scenes it looked like Adam had the advantage.

I, too, also enjoyed seeing Black Adam and Sinestro interacting. I hope that either Black Adam gets his own series (same with Shazam, as that's what a lot of us fans want), or he stars in a future arch of the Sinestro series by Cullen Bunn.

BANNED

We've been seeing a bit of Black Adam in Future's End. However, we haven't seen much of him in any other comics since Forever Evil. Does anyone think that Adam will be coming back soon? Perhaps in a Shazam ongoing?