Default The Halloween Video Game Thread

With October frightfully around the corner I thought I'd take a cue from forum member @Ghost and make a thread to discuss our favorite video games to break out for Halloween. I like to spend the candy corn and Jack 'O' Lantern days of October playing video games that are more spooky than normal, the ones that give chills and thrills and goosebumps although they don't actually have to be horror.

Please feel free to share your favorite games to celebrate Autumn and Halloween.

Some of my October favorites are:

Luigi's Mansion
    American McGee's Alice Madness Returns
    Persona 3 Portable
    Persona 4 Golden
    Lone Survivor
    Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow
    Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate
    Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
    Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
    Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
    Epic Mickey Wii
    Borderlands 2
    DmC
    Bayonetta
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix
    BioShock Infinite
    Shante Risky's Revenge
    Mass Effect 3
    Costume Quest
    Maple Story
    Dragon Nest

and last but not least is any Animal Crossing game.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    Not Majora's Mask? I mean, masks are the main motif. What's more Halloween than that?
    Except Costume Quest, obviously. Is Costume Quest 2 coming out this year?

Twisted Metal: Head On
    Destroy All Humans, funny thing about this game I LOVE it, but I like to 100% games and since I can never find every single probe, I never get around to finishing it and restart whenever I get back to it lol
    The Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy, it's a fighting game based of the cartoon, honestly very fun, though it's been a while...
    Luigi's Mansion
    Guacamelee

I don't have the time to play all of them, school and whatnot, but these are fun and I enjoy playing them around this time~
    Tho I don't do well with actual horror games, I'm a wimp, god I couldn't get through Fatal Frame OTL
    Last edited by Step; 09-23-2014 at 06:19 PM.

With October frightfully around the corner I thought I'd take a cue from forum member @Ghost and make a thread to discuss our favorite video games to break out for Halloween. I like to spend the candy corn and Jack 'O' Lantern days of October playing video games that are more spooky than normal, the ones that give chills and thrills and goosebumps although they don't actually have to be horror.

Please feel free to share your favorite games to celebrate Autumn and Halloween.

Some of my October favorites are:

Luigi's Mansion
    American McGee's Alice Madness Returns
    Persona 3 Portable
    Persona 4 Golden
    Lone Survivor
    Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow
    Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate
    Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
    Epic Mickey Wii
    Borderlands 2
    DmC
    Bayonetta
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix
    BioShock Infinite
    Shante Risky's Revenge
    Mass Effect 3
    Costume Quest
    Maple Story
    Dragon Nest

and last but not least is any Animal Crossing game.

DmC? Jesus Christ dude, you want to spook these people not make them try to goddamn kill themselves.

Anyways, I really don't care for the horror game genre, but Five Nights at Freddy's is absolutely superb. Probably one of the better games in the past few years, Gone Home, Slender, and Amnesia 2 are really big let downs.

Also, Silent Hill.

I use to love 16bit classic Zombie Ate My Neighbours, everything else I can think of has already been named.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Not Majora's Mask? I mean, masks are the main motif. What's more Halloween than that?
    Except Costume Quest, obviously. Is Costume Quest 2 coming out this year?
    Sadly, I don't own a Nintendo 64. I own PS3, PS Vita and a Wii. I'm going to buy the newly announced "New Nintendo 3DS" next year and I'm certainly one of those people hoping that Nintendo will release a remake of Majora's Mask on the 3DS next year. I used to own the original 3DS but I sold it last year boy am I sorry that I did because I saw where Legend of Zelda: A Link Between World's actually has Majora's Mask in it.

@CatAttacker, ROFL! I'm sorry man, I played DmC on the PS3 thanks to PS Plus and I sincerely enjoyed the game. I had a ton of fun playing it. It was the first Devil May Cry game that I've personally played and enjoyed. A lot of people also hate on the Capcom game 'Remember Me' but a lot of my friends and even some of my family members enjoyed it. I just wish Capcom would reboot Darkstalker's already; I miss those games.

@Step, Guacamelee is a awesome game. I've played some of it on the PS Vita and I'm gonna 100% finish it this Halloween.

Sadly, I don't own a Nintendo 64. I own PS3, PS Vita and a Wii. I'm going to buy the newly announced "New Nintendo 3DS" next year and I'm certainly one of those people hoping that Nintendo will release a remake of Majora's Mask on the 3DS next year. I used to own the original 3DS but I sold it last year boy am I sorry that I did because I saw where Legend of Zelda: A Link Between World's actually has Majora's Mask in it.
    If you have a Wii, you can buy it on the Wii virtual console \O/ Nintendo has started delisting games from the virtual console for some reason but I believe Majora's Mask is still available!

And yeah, I LOVED Guacamelee, wish it wasn't so short OTL
    Last edited by Step; 09-24-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Wooh. I was hoping someone would start a thread like this lol.

Wii/Gamecube:
    Geist - FPS where you are a disembodied spirit that can posses objects and living beings.
    Disneys Haunted Mansion - Action/adventure game where you explore the famous Haunted Mansion.
    Resident Evil
    Luigis mansion
    Eternal Darkness
    Fragile Dreams

Xbox 360:
    Costume Quest
    Ghostbusters - A surprisingly well made licensed game.
    Dead Space
    Left 4 Dead 1-2
    Alan Wake
    Bully: Scholarship Edition - Has a humorous Halloween mission.
    Red Dead Redemption : Undead Nightmare - Western themed zombie DLC = spooky bliss
    Dark Souls
    Splatterhouse
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Fatal Frame 2
    Stubbs the Zombie - Slightly obscure Xbox game where you are a zombie trying to find your lost love. Lots of silly charm and creativity in this one.
    Grabbed By the Ghoulies
    Limbo

PC:
    Ghost Master - You are an overlord of a variety of ghosts and are trying to scare people out of their homes.
    Grim Fandango
    Haunt the House
    Lucius - Reminiscent of the Omen where you play as the antichrist child.
    Amnesia

NES:
    Sweet Home - Survival horror RPG within a haunted house.
    Kid Dracula
    Gargoyle Quest 2 - A fantastic platformer game where you control the red flying demon from the Ghosts N Goblins series. I highly suggest this if you want a challenge.
    Monster Party
    Drac's Night Out - A unique Dracula game where you use a variety of traps to escape your castle.
    Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti
    Ghoul School
    Frankenstein
    Castlevania 1-2

Misc:
    Haunting Starring Polterguy (Sega Genesis) - One of my favorites. You play as a skateboarder/punk ghost that possesses objects to scare a family out of their home. Really good animations and sound fx.
    Legacy of Kain (PS1)
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
    Super Ghouls & Ghosts (SNES)
    Demons Crest (SNES)
    Nosferatu (SNES)
    Spirits & Spells (GBA/GC)
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-24-2014 at 08:13 AM.

BANNED

Mass Effect 3? It's a horrible game, not a horror game.

No Dead Rising?

@CatAttacker, ROFL! I'm sorry man, I played DmC on the PS3 thanks to PS Plus and I sincerely enjoyed the game. I had a ton of fun playing it. It was the first Devil May Cry game that I've personally played and enjoyed. A lot of people also hate on the Capcom game 'Remember Me' but a lot of my friends and even some of my family members enjoyed it. I just wish Capcom would reboot Darkstalker's already; I miss those games.
    DmC is easily the worst Devil May Cry game. Gameplay wise it's a pretty terrible game.

You can get Majora's Mask on the GameCube and Wii as well.

Yeah, I understand that. My N64 gave out on me a few years ago. Right in the middle of Jet Force Gemini, too. I have to finish that one day. Luckily I got a copy of the Gamecube port, which is playable on the Wii. Feels weird without the N64 controller, but otherwise good.

Majora's Mask has been getting a little more love in the last few years than it ever has. Maybe the New 3DS will finally bring us that remake.

@Step, Guacamelee is a awesome game. I've played some of it on the PS Vita and I'm gonna 100% finish it this Halloween.
    You can play Majora's Mask on the Wii's Virtual Console.

SHSO Quick Guides Creator the_key_24's Avatar

Skylanders (Any game will do)
    The Last Airbender (a decent beat-em-up based on the movie of all things)

any others have been named already
    SHSO Squad Name: Squire Bird Mage
    Next DUEL Most Wanted List: Warriors of the New Age
    Next SOLO Most Wanted List: thwip, thwip, thwip

I highly recommend Master Reboot on the Wii U, it's a very weird-creppy game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the_key_24 View Post
    Skylanders (Any game will do)
    The Last Airbender (a decent beat-em-up based on the movie of all things)

any others have been named already
    What do those have to do with Halloween?

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Parasite Eve 1 and 2.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua