Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don't think the writers are doing a bad job. They just need a good artist, and not this Liefeld clone that is Brett Booth.

Calvin (Earth-23) was introduced pre-Flashpoint. Also I'm not sure what makes Val a cardboard, he has more personality than Wally and isn't tied to racial stereotypes.

The Speed Force has been in play for exactly twenty years now, and it seems that FLASH writers from Mark Waid (creator of the Speed Force concept) on down have lost the art of writing FLASH stories without using/referring to it.
    At times it feels like SF is more important than the characters. It also kinda makes Flash's world smaller since almost everything is connected to Speed Force, in one way or another.

Anyone wanna help me out and spoil the issue
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Well, it seems they are setting up Wally to have powers and a Speed Force connection. Just give him and everyone else personalities. Please.

Oh yeah, and this issue has a lot of splash pages. Lots of half-panel and full-page fight scenes. Must've been a short script.

Note to Flash writers: there is usually more to a good comic than scenes of the Flash running and fighting.

On an unrelated note, I don't want Johns back on the Flash. His Barry Allen run was terrible and he has (IMO) said all he can say with the Flash. Alas, he's also an executive producer on the Flash series. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Calvin (Earth-23) was introduced pre-Flashpoint. Also I'm not sure what makes Val a cardboard, he has more personality than Wally and isn't tied to racial stereotypes.
    Honestly i still don't understand what they mean by Cardboard, what if a Kryptonian isn't hulk smashing all over the place with a giant ego he's considered a cardboard? the the last ARC of Earth 2 had about multiple plots going on and the same time Val has yet to receive proper focus, this is the exact thing people are judging Equinox for.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I don't think the writers are doing a bad job. They just need a good artist, and not this Liefeld clone that is Brett Booth.
    As someone who has liked the Vendetti run on GL (a minority I know) and loved what Jensen has done GLC, I'm really surprised how bad and ham-fisted this has been. This storyline has gained no traction and just seems to be going and going when it could have been wrapped in 2 issues. And as others have said, it seems that the speed force has sapped everyone's personalities

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    As someone who has liked the Vendetti run on GL (a minority I know) and loved what Jensen has done GLC, I'm really surprised how bad and ham-fisted this has been. This storyline has gained no traction and just seems to be going and going when it could have been wrapped in 2 issues. And as others have said, it seems that the speed force has sapped everyone's personalities
    It also sapped up page space in the book. It's okay to use more than two panels a page to tell a story, you know.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    It also sapped up page space in the book. It's okay to use more than two panels a page to tell a story, you know.
    Efficient use of paneling is another lost art of modern comics.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    haha wait for the Black Superman (Earth-23) fans. They're gonna beat you up. Also, Kendra, Dr. Fate and Aquawoman are WAY cooler.

And I agree. Val-Zod IS a cardboard. The most unnecessary character of all time.
    Well, E23 Superman is thje vgery best minority character DC has right now, no doubts. But that's because he's Superman; pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    And I agree. Val-Zod IS a cardboard. The most unnecessary character of all time.
    Really? I always thought, Kyle held that title...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    QFT!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

I think that I will change my support for Scott Lobdell to Robert Venditti, specially with Azz & Chiang's run in Wonder Woman coming to closure.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    it's the exact opposite for me. Venditti is KILLING GL for me, but it got me interested again on the Flash. Yes, it's definetely not perfect, but it is fun. I like Future Barry.

Although, i do agree with the fact that Booth is a Liefeld-like artist. There must be a better artist for this book.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

I abandon both GL and Flash but picked the FE issues.

this was kind of meh but not very bad at the same time, for one maybe it is because i didnt read the last few issues so i dont know how Daniel got his powers back, thats an issue for me because if the objective of Future Flash was simply to save Wally and Iris, wouldnt had been better to just stop him from getting his powers back rather than wait 5 mins before they were about to die to save them by killing Daniel, and then he starts fighting himself which... makes no sense to me, I re-read the issue and i still dont get it, why would anyone do that?
    again maybe I miss something from the previous issues but it just really really absurd.

Wally isnt anything particularly special here, im not going to say that i hate Nu-Wally or anything like that because I dont know enough, I just quite simply dont care about him and this issue didnt particularly change my mind on that, in fact what I find most impressive is that THIS is Wally´s new origin.
    Now Wally origin has never been anything special or even original, it is quite in fact very lazy but it is also simple.
    Wally´s new origin now is that he got his powers when a Flash from the future came to the past to save his life and in the process he fought himself and somehow got struck by the speedforce...
    I guess is still better than Bart Allen´s new origin though.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I guess is still better than Bart Allen´s new origin though.
    That thing IS NOT Bart Allen.

Bart Allen doesn't exist as Iris and Barry isn't together yet, Barr Torr is different person all together.