Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Always Rakzo

Default Green Lantern: New Guardians Annual #2 Spoilers

It wasn't pretty obvious at first but there has been always a hint about how the ending of that Annual affected Kyle and we finally see the ramifications of such event for him. The Source Wall obviously altered his powers not only in a positive way but also in a negative one and it's great to see how it was manifested in this plot. I have more thoughts.

Excellent Annual and creates the next stage of development for Kyle Rayner. What are you waiting for? Go check it out!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Not usually a fan of Annuals but this was very enjoyable.

Huh, guess I do need to catch up on this book.

Spectacular Member

Still can't buy Carol and Kyle. Makes no sense.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    Jordan has done a pretty good job at building the relationship, they have a lot of chemistry now.

Bored with Post Life Wonder_Straw's Avatar

I really enjoyed this the art was great between all on duty and I am interested to see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Jordan has done a pretty good job at building the relationship, they have a lot of chemistry now.
    As someone who started comics when the New 52 I have to say I don't dislike them together. But then again I am pretty new to comics so I don't have a big historic love of Carol and Hal together to sway my opinion.
    “Burn? Smite? Punish? Why is your god so intolerant? So jealous? Why must there be only one god? Why is there not room for many?”
    ― Krampus, the Yule Lord

Astonishing Member

Good annual, nice to have what looks like a Kyle Rogue rather than a Green Lanternverse one. And I live that Kyle has now thoroughly claimed Fighting Space Sharks as a thing that he does.

The art was wierd in places, though - and not always in the bits that were meant to be!

Extraordinary Member

I’m sorry, Rakzo, but I’m with twobit on this one. It DOES make no sense, especially in the larger context coming off of the Johns run. These are two characters that have known each other for years, and they’re just now “realizing” an attraction? The whole thing just makes Carol look fickle. She goes from giving all she can to save Hal and get him back to….kissing a guy who is pretty much like his little brother. Also, it just seems wrong. Not to mention that it makes Kyle look bad. All the while that Hal is giving speeches in his honor and is so distraught over losing him, Kyle is frenching his ex? Yeah, here’s an idea. Why doesn't Jordan just have Kyle literally stab Hal in the back?

Plus, you know that at some point down the road, they’re going to drop it and put Carol and Hal back together. They’ll probably bill this whole thing as Carol on a rebound or like Hal's relationship with Cowgirl. You know it. That romance has been an integral part of the GL mythology for 50+ years. Hal once even retired from the Corps to be with Carol. So, why not just let them be together? I’ll tell you why. Because Venditti and co. looked at the possibility of Hal and Carol actually being happy and said “Nah. Everything’s more interesting when there’s….EMOTIONAL TENSION!!!”
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-30-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Spectacular Member

I see none.

BANNED

Oblivion's art projects were really trippy and unsettling. They did a good job with that. I hope they aren't setting Kyle up to lose his white ring though. There're so many stories they could tell with it I think.

I could have swore in a New 52 issue Kyle referred to Hal as old man :/ could be wrong thou