Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No, the Jason/Talia thing weirded a lot of people out because it was Talia banging her "beloved's" adoptive son whom she had also had a surrogate mother-type relationship up until that point. It was awkward, not to mention that Talia's stated motives made no sense from an continuity standpoint. The Kyle/Carol thing doesn't work because:

1. The break-up with Hal was contrived as Hell and Carol's reasoning made no sense, AND it's a rehash of what Geoff Johns has already done.
    2. The "romance" with Kyle feels really force and unnatural.

Age has nothing to do with it.
    I enjoyed both lol. The reactions of fans are still hilarious

Sorry, I'm not reading through eight pages, so if this has been posted before, my apologies.

1. The Kyle/Carol attraction is completely believable. They have spent a lot of time together during some very high stress situations. They are the only two humans in the area. They have more than a little common ground. It is not out of bounds at all that two people thrown together like that would develop deeper feelings for one another. This didn't come out of the blue. The groundwork has been laid for a long time. Go back and read the issues. It's all there.

2. I know Kyle felt some trepidation when he realized he was falling into some kind of relationship with Carol, but I don't know there was a real reason for it. For all the claims that Hal and Carol are some destined couple, we really haven't seen that since Rebirth. They've been off and on a few times, but never had Hal committed to Carol. That is the way Hal has been written since Rebirth, he has commitment issues. It's past time Carol moved on from that failed relationship. Kyle and Hal have never been close, even before the reboot. You could probably count on one hand the times they actually worked together. Remember, since Rebirth Kyle has been in deep space, only rarely returning to Earth. For most of that time, Hal has been Earth-bound. Even now, when Hal is running the Corps, Kyle is someplace different.

I have no issues with the Kyle/Carol relationship.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

Returning Member

Here's the thing about Kyle, part of his characterization has always been about his relationship with women. He has always been attracted to strong, willful (pun intended) women who are the ying to his relaxed and sensitive yang. (After Alex died, you could arguably say that he added "super-powered" to the list of traits he seeks out in a woman, as all of his girl friends since Alex have been heroes in their own rights.) With that said, the relationship makes perfect sense - in fact it very much reminds me of his relationship with Donna, coming off of her divorce.

And for those of you who don't like the relationship, remember this is Kyle we're talking about. The guy has had more "long term relationships" in his 20 years of existence than most characters who have been around for 2 or 3 times longer.