206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

164 79.61%
  • No

42 20.39%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    You know, Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman, so of course (almost) everyone would be okay with that.

And i thought that we were talking about mutants, not superpowered people in general.
    Nobody new she was an Inhuman at that point. Not even Kamala, who just sort of assumed she was a mutant.

Not to mention there are plenty of people, both Nuhuman and otherwise, that are hot "okay" with Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Cyclops was right about breakfast
    And said breakfast consisted of milk, pancakes, and bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I'm not sure which part of my post your alluding to.

Yes, police brutality is real, but consider a case where the police find a teen with powers in a convenience store, then do nothing to detain her or harm her. The authorities need not always be portrayed as baddies.
    In the MU As shown with the Healer, Simply having power and ping good is a crime parenting arrest and abuse. A cop that did not act like a thug would be breaking the law

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The same can be told from everyone else then, JGS front and center: that they save people off-panel because "clearly they aren't going to detail everyone they saved/intervened" in their book.
    Seems only fair.
    Some assumption of that goal makes sense, especially with Storm running the show now, but the fact that they've shown the XS team doing it several times and clearly making it a priority to save them before they're captured/killed by anti-mutant groups or groups like SHIELD it's obviously a higher priority for the XS team than the JGS team. Despite the one issue focusing on Morph and his powers (probably the best issue of the Bendis run so far, and I'm liking it all) and a couple of "Danger Room" type sessions, I don't think anybody would say the XS school is more focused on learning than the JGS. There's give and take and priorities. They're both trying to do what's best for mutantkind, when people's personal grudges and jealousies don't get in the way.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaze View Post
    there is nothing to discuss here.

examine the posts, you will see two kinds of people :

1. people that are government-friendly in real life, and genuinely "believe in the system". possible(but not always) proud capitalists(nothing objectively wrong with that; i may not agree with capitalism, but i dont know everything). these people are, of course, biased: "evil", for them, means "he who breaks the laws that man's lawmakers, the government, have made".

2. people that believe governments in real life are mostly evil and/or corrupt, tthinking that "the system sucks". while not necessarily communists, these people definitely yearn more towards the "radical left" politics. these people are also biased; they think "the law counts for nothing, what government says counts for nothing, they're all evil anyway; "good" means "helping people" and cyclops was right because he helped!"

i know, for example, that i'm part of #2 category. SHOW ME ANY CONFLICT with pro-government and anti-government, and i'll immediately rout for the anti-government faction.

these is nothing to talk about here. people of category #2(sociologicaly speaking most geeks and comic readers, since geeks are often ostracised by organized society) have too different views from category #1.
    I hate goverment, all of them, like capitalism, hate comunism and think Cyclops is right.

What is up with this consistent necroing of toxic threads? And this is freaking four years old. Jesus.

Amazing Member

Sorry, I just read it. I'm new to CBR.