206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

164 79.61%
  • No

42 20.39%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Yes.Yes. He was.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Is it me or do folks who complain about Cyclops Being Right™ somehow have no issues with Magneto's current shenanigans?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Is it me or do folks who complain about Cyclops Being Right™ somehow have no issues with Magneto's current shenanigans?
    Personal bias etc...
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Cyke was right. The end. That's all people need to do. Or say he was wrong, the end. Whining about the poll/thread itself wasn't the point of this thread. Plus, at least we have a No/Yes option instead of the usual "Yes" (because it favors my view and "No, because I hate the X-men and I'm derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" option some of the more recent polls have had.

Magneto isn't Cyke. There's no ArrrrMags. Well, maybe from Wanda.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

As a Cyclops fan, yes he was.

But as a good narrative fan, he was only right because Marvel was too lazy to bring a good counter to his words. Seriously, how am I supposed to enjoy a good Cyclops moment when it comes too easily?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    As a Cyclops fan, yes he was.

But as a good narrative fan, he was only right because Marvel was too lazy to bring a good counter to his words. Seriously, how am I supposed to enjoy a good Cyclops moment when it comes too easily?
    Idk, being right about AvX cost ALL the X-men a lot: Wolvie is a canon traitor, Storm is no longer a Queen, Iceman is canonly a douche, Xavier is dead, Cyke is a murderer, etc. But there have been some that were too easy, but it all goes away when I remember that Cyke is the "2nd" (Great planning in AvX, "1st spot" Cap -_-) greatest tactician of Marvel.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

First of all, hello to everyone. First post on the X-Books forums.

To all those who say “I couldn't care less since my life doesn't revolve around loving/hating Cyclops", what the h--- are doing on a thread called “Is/Was Cyclops Right?”???

Contrary to what my avatar may show, I was never really a Cyclops fan until recently. But given the current portraying of all the X-Charactes, I have totally grown to like him more and more.

Wolverine, Rachel, Stom (who I love as a character), etc are all a bunch of hypocrites. Seriously. Didn’t Bobby tried to kill his own father in a recent Astonighing arc?? Under whose influence? No Pheonix there…
    Please… everyone understands Cyclops was under the Phoenix influence and they still can’t let it rest, they tortured the man everytime they see him. Even after all he did for them; he was the one who step up as leader in their worst moment as a species. Hypocrites and ungrateful bunch of characters if you ask me. And I understand there are written by different people, but right now that is where they are at and how they are being portrayed.

Was he right about the Pheonix? Yes
    Was he right to not trust the Avengers and SHIELD? Yes
    Is he right to be hidden in Canada? Yes
    Is he right to be protecting mutants and humans who respect them? Yes

So, yes. I’m with Cyclops on this one particular moment of mutant history. The guy has done everything he had to. And he is still being judged and condemned for it, even by his own people. He (and the rest of the Pheonix Five) even make the world a better place when they were still in control of themselves while possessing the Pheonix.

(Sorry in advance for my English, not my mother language)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by xSonOfTheAtomx View Post
    Wolverine, Rachel, Stom (who I love as a character), etc are all a bunch of hypocrites. Seriously. Didn’t Bobby tried to kill his own father in a recent Astonighing arc?? Under whose influence? No Pheonix there…
    Rachel does not belong on that list(Kurt and Firestar are good as well)

BANNED

If it wasn't for Magneto's ways, Cyclops would of been a flop. That Xavier golden student gimmick didn't get anything done. And I still don't see any revolution. .just some dragged out Xavier secrets slowly being leaked by She Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    If it wasn't for Magneto's ways, Cyclops would of been a flop. That Xavier golden student gimmick didn't get anything done. And I still don't see any revolution. .just some dragged out Xavier secrets slowly being leaked by She Hulk.
    You know that the only ones that talk about an revolution are Captain America and Wolverine, right ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Rachel does not belong on that list(Kurt and Firestar are good as well)
    Sorry, you're right. I wrote Rachel, but thought about Beast.
    Firestar was amazing last issue. Her opinion, as someone who is not as emotionally involved as the rest, make all of them (especially Bobby) look really stupid on their approach.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by xSonOfTheAtomx View Post
    First of all, hello to everyone. First post on the X-Books forums.

To all those who say “I couldn't care less since my life doesn't revolve around loving/hating Cyclops", what the h--- are doing on a thread called “Is/Was Cyclops Right?”???

Contrary to what my avatar may show, I was never really a Cyclops fan until recently. But given the current portraying of all the X-Charactes, I have totally grown to like him more and more.

Please… everyone understands Cyclops was under the Phoenix influence and they still can’t let it rest, they tortured the man everytime they see him. Even after all he did for them; he was the one who step up as leader in their worst moment as a species. Hypocrites and ungrateful bunch of characters if you ask me. And I understand there are written by different people, but right now that is where they are at and how they are being portrayed.

Was he right about the Pheonix? Yes
    Was he right to not trust the Avengers and SHIELD? Yes
    Is he right to be hidden in Canada? Yes
    Is he right to be protecting mutants and humans who respect them? Yes

So, yes. I’m with Cyclops on this one particular moment of mutant history. The guy has done everything he had to. And he is still being judged and condemned for it, even by his own people. He (and the rest of the Pheonix Five) even make the world a better place when they were still in control of themselves while possessing the Pheonix.

(Sorry in advance for my English, not my mother language)
    You do know that Rachel is nearly the only one at the school who defends Cyclops and keeps telling everyone he wasn't at fault, right? She's only at that school because she wants to teach and be a teacher there which Cyclops approves - especially considering how long she was in space fighting wars. She doesn't agree with any of the Cyclops bashing at all, and has gotten heat from many there because she doesn't blindly bash her father like they do, and is clearly concerned about her father a great deal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    You know that the only ones that talk about an revolution are Captain America and Wolverine, right ?.
    I have no idea. I don't read their books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Also the Cuckoos. And there's the whole "training children to fight the Avengers" thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Also the Cuckoos. And there's the whole "training children to fight the Avengers" thing.
    To be fair, that makes perfect sense, revolution or no, given the frequent Avengers/X-Men conflicts these days.

The revolution will happen eventually...we all know Bendis is the king of decompression and anyone familar with any of his previous work should have expected it coming in.