206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

164 79.61%
  • No

42 20.39%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    He was right in AvX...if the Avengers hadn't interfered, things would have gone better for everyone...certainly better for the X-Men.

Then again, if everyone was actually written in character in that story, there never would have been an AvX at all.

Hmmm... I completely agree with your last statement...and the Avengers are one the most annoying group of heroes ever imo... but that being said how do we know things would have been better had hope been the host as intended by Cyclops? Hope is/was a very tumultuous character and as seen by P5 and even jean, an inexperienced teenager would not be able to withstand or control such a power without going mad.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    A majority of those who lived in this country back in the day thought slavery was acceptable and that women shouldn't vote. The majority believing in something doesn't make it right... just saying
    We aren't talking about back in the day. We're talking about here and now about a character called Cyclops in this poll.

Astonishing Member

Hmmm... I completely agree with your last statement...and the Avengers are one the most annoying group of heroes ever imo... but that being said how do we know things would have been better had hope been the host as intended by Cyclops? Hope is/was a very tumultuous character and as seen by P5 and even jean, an inexperienced teenager would not be able to withstand or control such a power without going mad.
    They ended up doing it anyway...after a lot of pointless death and destruction that could have been avoided. Cyclops has more experience with the Phoenix than anyone other than Jean or Rachel and he knew Hope better than anyone other than Cable...and it's not like anyone else had any real plan...the Avengers side screwed up at every possible turn.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 09-24-2014 at 06:35 PM.

BANNED

Cyclops could be considered a phoenix expert, retcons aside he banged the phoenix, was engaged with the phoenix and most likely had a daughter with the phoenix in an alternate timeline. He also knew how to dealt with the phoenix so wolverine wasn't the right person to ask

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Cyclops could be considered a phoenix expert, retcons aside he banged the phoenix, was engaged with the phoenix and most likely had a daughter with the phoenix in an alternate timeline. He also knew how to dealt with the phoenix so wolverine wasn't the right person to ask
    Or maybe it was wolverine who had the daughter with Phoenix, that's why Captain America considered him the expert ?

LOL nah just joking.

Cyclops is the Walter White of the X-men ,Wolverine is jessie pinkman.When Scott broke bad,Logan treated him like a nerd trying to act tough ,grew a bit afraid of him later on,and finally turned on him.and you know scott would still save him in the end.Because he's right B@#&^@!!!!!!

A majority of those who lived in this country back in the day thought slavery was acceptable and that women shouldn't vote. The majority believing in something doesn't make it right... just saying
    Did you just..............................slavery? equal rights?=Comicbook storyline?You brought a atomic bomb to our lasertag game.OVERKILL.

Quote Originally Posted by PERRY777 View Post
    Did you just..............................slavery? equal rights?=Comicbook storyline?You brought a atomic bomb to our lasertag game.OVERKILL.
    Yeah that way way off topic than is needed in a thread like this lol. I'm still waiting for a certain Storm supporter to vote and give her opinion in this thread.

BANNED

he ended his affair with emma, that seems right to me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PERRY777 View Post
    Cyclops is the Walter White of the X-men ,Wolverine is jessie pinkman.When Scott broke bad,Logan treated him like a nerd trying to act tough ,grew a bit afraid of him later on,and finally turned on him.and you know scott would still save him in the end.Because he's right B@#&^@!!!!!!
    I can't tell if you're joking, but the parallels are uncanny (no pun intended). So Jean was Apology Girl? Does that make Xavier Gus? Emma Skyler?

BANNED

Yes he was, even when sometimes he seems like a madman in search of power. The mutants are a sub class in the superhuman heriarchy with the Avengers as kings ( in the MU and in the editorial office) the other groups allowed the quiet , slow genocide of mutants so what he does, is only natural .

R3MHzNHzef-12.png

Great first post. ^^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by We R. Venom View Post
    Great first post. ^^
    who? me ? if so, thanks

just rently came back to CBR, glad to see some things never change, like this place

X-men forum is best Marvel forum !

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MOOT View Post
    Yes he was, even when sometimes he seems like a madman in search of power. The mutants are a sub class in the superhuman heriarchy with the Avengers as kings ( in the MU and in the editorial office) the other groups allowed the quiet , slow genocide of mutants so what he does, is only natural .

R3MHzNHzef-12.png
    While, admittedly, that looks freaking awesome ... the comparison of Cyclops to Che Guevara does cause me to rethink my position a little bit. Guevara was ... well ... a bit terrifying. Started off with his heart in the right place, perhaps, but ended up too far gone ... and then dead.

I sure hope Cyclops doesn't take his revolution as far as Guevara would have. Although I cheered when he fed the corrupt guards to Magik at the end of "AvX: Consequences" ... it's a slippery slope toward ending up like the much-reviled Xorneto, herding innocent people into incinerators just because they're not mutants.

For now I'm staunchly on Team Cyclops. He has done nothing wrong and I agree with him wholeheartedly. But things can change ...
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by MOOT View Post

Cyke as a sadistic mass-murdering sociopath with a penchant for torture?

Hell, Che's other main characteristic utter incompetence doesn't apply to Cyke either