206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

164 79.61%
  • No

42 20.39%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Cube

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    84% of people think it was a good idea to start an anti-government commune in the middle of the woods (what? That's what it looks like if I'm a civilian, or a Mountie)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Seriously, right?
    How dare the majority of people have a different opinion than me. They must be wrong....somehow.

84% of people think it was a good idea to start an anti-government commune in the middle of the woods (what? That's what it looks like if I'm a civilian, or a Mountie)
    When the government is a crimina lconsparcy and filled with murderous bigots and idiots like the govement in thew MU it makes a lot of sense, Supporting that govement is what would take moral/ethical gymnastics to justify

Is there a good government in the MU?

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    My vote will remain a mystery forever!!

.... unless someone reads my avatar.
    It's time like this when I wished this website had "liked" buttons like Youtube. I would have liked your comment.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

With a goverment like dark reign or something worst, well

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Is there a good government in the MU?
    Art imitates life.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Art imitates life.
    12710061ec1b8ec6b7fa09807a2b4f6c7c208950ddab1952d95037fcb0c754fc.jpg

I concede a nod and a raised eyebrow to you good sir.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cube View Post
    How dare the majority of people have a different opinion than me. They must be wrong....somehow.
    We didn't say they were wrong. I used the data to infer a point.

Well, given that said government keeps building sentinels and that doesnt care at all about what happens to the mutants; that is the only way to survive.

We didn't say they were wrong. I used the data to infer a point.
    What kind of point? That Superhero fans generally like outlaws? That they prefer rebels to the establishment?

What was the point you were inferring?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, given that said government keeps building sentinels and that doesnt care at all about what happens to the mutants; that is the only way to survive.
    Oh wow, super-false.
    Hiding in a canadian cave isn't the only way mutants have to "survive" this, that's just propaganda.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    What kind of point? That Superhero fans generally like outlaws? That they prefer rebels to the establishment?

What was the point you were inferring?
    Personally I must say that I would have no problems with Superheroes working for the government and not do their own thing. If anything it is a tired trope that all governments are untrustworthy and bad and can get nothing done.
    Organizations like SHIELD should be portrayed as the mostly good guys and working for them should be nothing to scoff at. But hey that is just my opinion.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Personally I must say that I would have no problems with Superheroes working for the government and not do their own thing. If anything it is a tired trope that all governments are untrustworthy and bad and can get nothing done.
    Organizations like SHIELD should be portrayed as the mostly good guys and working for them should be nothing to scoff at. But hey that is just my opinion.
    The problem with that is that portraying massive police organizations like SHIELD as the good guys clash against reality, mostly when those organizations are spy organizations, it would be a completely naive portrayal and it would look like it was only made as government propaganda, which had stopped selling a long time ago, not even the FF are shown as being pro-establishment anymore

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    The problem with that is that portraying massive police organizations like SHIELD as the good guys clash against reality, mostly when those organizations are spy organizations, it would be a completely naive portrayal and it would look like it was only made as government propaganda, which had stopped selling a long time ago, not even the FF are shown as being pro-establishment anymore
    It doesn't have to be a 100% incorruptable force or anything. That's why I said mostly. That is just one of the things that the movies do better in my opinion.
    SHIELD has a dark side as seen in Avengers and Winter Soldier but they are still the good guys and the Avengers are a part of that, fighting the fights that they can't fight. There is nothing wrong with that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Because "governments = bad guys" isn't a naive portrayal either ? The X-line (and comics in general) have been surfing on this trope since decades, even more now that Bendis is at the helm. Hardly riveting stuff.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."