Page 273 of 360 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Nice! What is that book next to Motor Girl?
    Its Bloodsongs. One of Ben Templesmiths latest offerings via Kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Its Bloodsongs. One of Ben Templesmiths latest offerings via Kickstarter.
    Aha, cool!

Great books, Raffi, Bob Fett and Dark-Flux. Always nice to see USM and Maus.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I have Uncanny X-Men omnibus Volume 2 and Alpha Flight omnibus by John Byrne on the way.

Kind of on a Byrne kick...he was my favorite artist/writer when I was a kid in the 80s.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I have Uncanny X-Men omnibus Volume 2 and Alpha Flight omnibus by John Byrne on the way.

Kind of on a Byrne kick...he was my favorite artist/writer when I was a kid in the 80s.
    Cool.
    I still think John Byrne is a awesome artist/writer.
    Read recently the Marvel Team Up by Clameront and Byrne TPB.
    A cool run of Spider-Man stories by this great creative team.

Astonishing Member

I have lots of TPB´S in my wish list.Both TPB´S of classic comic books and new comic books.And i mean really a lot of TPB´S,so i decided for now to order two TPB´S at the time.
    One TPB of classic comic books and a TPB of a new comic book.
    I think this ways is best to reduce my wish list.
    So recently i ordered Amazing Spider-Man:Worldwide#6.Amazing Spider-Man have been a great comic book to me most of the times,and i stoped getting reprints of ASM by the end of the Clone Conspiracy in the Portuguese edition and got ASM:Worldwide#6 because it starts right after the end of Clone Conspiracy.Looking forward to read it,the previews of these recent ASM i read were great.Especially looking forward to read the Spider-Man vs Norman Osborn in issue 25 of this volume.
    And for my classic read i ordered Avengers vs Thanos.That have all the first Thanos Saga,including many issues of Warlock,Captain Marvel and Avengers stories.
    I read this Saga years ago,even before Infinity Gauntlet was published and i remember being amazed by it when i read it.But sadly i don´t have my original comic books anymore so i ordered this TPB recently.
    Another one i am looking forward,especially because of the greatness that is the Jim Starlin stories of this era.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 03-06-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Mighty Member

Last few orders

https://imgur.com/rKYz2ZS

My store pick up today:

https://i.imgur.com/2YcJ5lC

Local is one of my favourite purchases of all time, I really loved it, and paid £3.50 :P God Country is also good, enjoy them both!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I thought a lot about not keeping up with IDW's TMNT line. I enjoy it, but not as much as i used to. I think reading the individual issues kind of took the fun out of it for me. I was going to upgrade to the hardcovers but i just can't justify switching from the trades.

So i caught back up with the trades buying.

TMNT: into dimension X
    TMNT: Vol. 18: The Trial of Krang
    TMNT Universe 3: Karai

i also threw in the first Asterix Omnibus. I did not realize these keep the larger album format. I LOVE that! The same thing about the Valerian & Laureline hardcovers. I just assumed they shrunk them down for the US market. Those are going back on the wishlist.

Now i just wish someone would translate more Percevan stories. and through Robin Dubois in that want list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I thought a lot about not keeping up with IDW's TMNT line. I enjoy it, but not as much as i used to. I think reading the individual issues kind of took the fun out of it for me. I was going to upgrade to the hardcovers but i just can't justify switching from the trades.

So i caught back up with the trades buying.

TMNT: into dimension X
    TMNT: Vol. 18: The Trial of Krang
    TMNT Universe 3: Karai

i also threw in the first Asterix Omnibus. I did not realize these keep the larger album format. I LOVE that! The same thing about the Valerian & Laureline hardcovers. I just assumed they shrunk them down for the US market. Those are going back on the wishlist.

Now i just wish someone would translate more Percevan stories. and through Robin Dubois in that want list as well.
    I've just sold my TMNT hardcovers. Middle of vol2 and it's still just stuff I already seen like 3 or 4 times and it isn't really told that well to keep me going.
    As for Asterix and other French/Belgian books: lots of Cinebook releases keep the oversized format. The paper is not super great and it's only paperbacks in most cases but at least it's cheap and oversized.
    Also they are starting a Lucky Luke hc collection similar to Valerian next year.
    Egmont (not sure about the US publisher) does Asterix and Tintin in oversized format but only Asterix has omnibuses with most of the hcs being oop unfortunately.

Latest:
    While this seems like an overkill of a haul (again) I actually got some really sweet deals through ebay or checking my isbns.com wishlist for price drops daily.
    Just to list a few, I managed to get: UXF omnibus for £70, Godzilla ohc for £4,7 (crazy I know), Promethea absolutes for £190 which is a lot for a single purchase but it's like £63 each which is around what it would be with online discounts now if they still be in print. Hickman F4 lot for £80 for 10 books, 6 of them are the phcs and Midnight Nation £17.
    So I feel extremely lucky to get so many good books for such great prices. Already read Promethea (now that was a mind bending exercise) and almost finished with Hickman's F4 (an epic roller coaster ride) and I don't even know what to read next I have so much good stuff (which is a "problem" I love to have).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Latest:
    While this seems like an overkill of a haul (again) I actually got some really sweet deals through ebay or checking my isbns.com wishlist for price drops daily.
    Just to list a few, I managed to get: UXF omnibus for £70, Godzilla ohc for £4,7 (crazy I know), Promethea absolutes for £190 which is a lot for a single purchase but it's like £63 each which is around what it would be with online discounts now if they still be in print. Hickman F4 lot for £80 for 10 books, 6 of them are the phcs and Midnight Nation £17.
    So I feel extremely lucky to get so many good books for such great prices. Already read Promethea (now that was a mind bending exercise) and almost finished with Hickman's F4 (an epic roller coaster ride) and I don't even know what to read next I have so much good stuff (which is a "problem" I love to have).
    Great haul and congrats on Promethea. I overpaid for Vol 1 but got 2 and 3 at a significant discount so that overall I basically ended up paying cover. Still need to read them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Great haul and congrats on Promethea. I overpaid for Vol 1 but got 2 and 3 at a significant discount so that overall I basically ended up paying cover. Still need to read them though.
    thanks! Paying cover for these is still great especially since there is no reprint or immateria edition in sight. As for the content, I feel like Moore and Morrison are very much on the same page (despite how much they don't like each other) they just tell their stories differently. So prepare for an illustrated info dump! But I still really liked it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Latest:
    Epic haul once again Balakin ! I'm curious about Midnight Nation, have you read it ?