Page 234 of 360 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    latest! And I've actually managed to have a somewhat smaller haul this time! But I wouldn't call this a victory since I spent an unhealthy amount on Transformers figures instead So yeah, I fell in this new rabbit hole and so far it's really damn good.
    Also finally found X-statix for a decent price, I was so unlucky with that book but I can only blame myself not picking it up sooner.
    The Schuiten stuff is excellent btw if someone wants something non conventional.
    LOL at "smaller haul". And yes, definitely: Schuiten is indeed excellent. Even if the stories don't do it for you (though I think they're great as well), you can still marvel for hours on end at the artwork. There's no one else like him.

Btw, I'm soooo knackered. Finally moved the last of my comics to our new place and spent the whole day setting up and organizing my comics room. Well worth it, but didn't expect it to take that long.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 07-22-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    LOL at "smaller haul". And yes, definitely: Schuiten is indeed excellent. Even if the stories don't do it for you (though I think they're great as well), you can still marvel for hours on end at the artwork. There's no one else like him.

Btw, I'm soooo knackered. Finally moved the last of my comics to our new place and spent the whole day setting up and organizing my comics room. Well worth it, but didn't expect it to take that long.
    Haha! every time I have to unload my books to clean the flat or move the shelves I rethink my life decisions
    And yes, the art is unreal in the Schuitten books. I really lik the story in leaning girl even though it took a while to figure out what's happening but that's part of the fun. But The theory of the grain of sand was just excellent, much tighter story, resembling a real plot but quirky and weird enough to be absolutely unique.

I'm still making my way through Phase 1 of Transformers. Eventually haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Here's my last...errrrr...6 weeks or so I guess. A few of these are rpg books...but in a funny way they scratch the same itch as comics for me. I enjoy reading them for the imagination jolt and the art, lol...and they are all oop and found for decent prices. The Calvin & Hobbes set was a used one from a secondary seller on Amazon. The books themselves are in great shape. The box is a little rough but meh. I was shocked by the sheer heft of the set when it arrived...it's massive!

C&H is huge and heavy, the paper stock is amazing and it is all worth it as the stories themselves are some of the best around. One of my favourite purchases.

Spectacular Member

latest! And I've actually managed to have a somewhat smaller haul this time! But I wouldn't call this a victory since I spent an unhealthy amount on Transformers figures instead So yeah, I fell in this new rabbit hole and so far it's really damn good.
    Also finally found X-statix for a decent price, I was so unlucky with that book but I can only blame myself not picking it up sooner.
    The Schuiten stuff is excellent btw if someone wants something non conventional.
    Awesome "small" haul Balakin I LOVE Powers, TF Phase 2, X-Statix and Valerian!

How's Astounding Wolfman ? The only Kirkman book I truly enjoy is Invincible. Walking Dead was pretty good for the first 4 OHCs, but I got disinterested after that and sold the following books. What I've read of Outcast was not bad, but the story was slooooooooooow and I don't know if I'll ever read the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm still making my way through Phase 1 of Transformers. Eventually haha
    I skipped phase one except for the books on the picture. You can just jump to Phase two, everyone says it's better than phase one and based on what I've read I agree. I liked All hail and Wreckers (haven't read Drift yet except the spotlight issue) but Phase 2 is just awesome. The two main series are so intriguing and hilarious and it starts with throwing out the usual TF formula and starts with a new and exciting status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Awesome "small" haul Balakin I LOVE Powers, TF Phase 2, X-Statix and Valerian!

How's Astounding Wolfman ? The only Kirkman book I truly enjoy is Invincible. Walking Dead was pretty good for the first 4 OHCs, but I got disinterested after that and sold the following books. What I've read of Outcast was not bad, but the story was slooooooooooow and I don't know if I'll ever read the rest.
    I remember liking it (read it years ago) but it's not Invincible. It takes place in the same universe and it's quite fast paced. Also it's only this one book so there is an ending to it unlike TWD.

Spectacular Member

I remember liking it (read it years ago) but it's not Invincible. It takes place in the same universe and it's quite fast paced. Also it's only this one book so there is an ending to it unlike TWD.
    Thanks, it sounds interesting!

Nice haul, Balakin (as always )

How's that 'Alack Sinner'? I had him pre-ordered, but then it was delayed, so I canceled it. It also changed from hardcover into a softcover. So now I don't know whether to buy or not to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Nice haul, Balakin (as always )

How's that 'Alack Sinner'? I had him pre-ordered, but then it was delayed, so I canceled it. It also changed from hardcover into a softcover. So now I don't know whether to buy or not to buy?
    I think I was venting about it in the general thread when it arrived. I'm pretty sure it was always solicited as a paperback but the IDW/Euro comics paperbacks are such high quality that I never had a problem with them. But then this arrived and I was really disappointed. It is oversized but feels a bit shorter than a deluxe, which is only weird because all the black and white euro releases are around 30cm tall and only the coloured ones are deluxe size. My main issue is the paper, it is awful pulp stock, like Marvel Essentials.It is still a chunky book, more than 300 pages but I wish it would be half as many but with great paper like the Corto or Schuitten books.
    The stories are good but I was a bit angry about the quality so it took me a while to get into it.

I think I was venting about it in the general thread when it arrived. I'm pretty sure it was always solicited as a paperback but the IDW/Euro comics paperbacks are such high quality that I never had a problem with them. But then this arrived and I was really disappointed. It is oversized but feels a bit shorter than a deluxe, which is only weird because all the black and white euro releases are around 30cm tall and only the coloured ones are deluxe size. My main issue is the paper, it is awful pulp stock, like Marvel Essentials.It is still a chunky book, more than 300 pages but I wish it would be half as many but with great paper like the Corto or Schuitten books.
    The stories are good but I was a bit angry about the quality so it took me a while to get into it.
    Ok, for now I'll pass. Maybe later.

Spectacular Member

Reading the series in French, I loved the first volume. Currently reading the second volume and the quality of the story has taken a serious dive. So far, I'm 200 pages in and Sinner is just wandering around, very short stories of around 10-15 pages.

Art is still great (question of taste here, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Reading the series in French, I loved the first volume. Currently reading the second volume and the quality of the story has taken a serious dive. So far, I'm 200 pages in and Sinner is just wandering around, very short stories of around 10-15 pages.

Art is still great (question of taste here, but still).
    the English version is all over the place, if I remember correctly IDW said they've arranged the stories in chronological story order and not publication order. So the book opened with a short story that tells Sinner's origin. The art was rougher in that and Sinner was really just a self important prick in it, quite different to the character from the following stories. I didn't finish the book yet because my TF volumes arrived and I was very eager to dive into those but I've read like 280 or 300 pages and it was overall a solid read but not my favourite from the IDW/Euro line up.

IMG_1188.jpg Getting started with the Avengers for the first time.

Fantastic Member

got this yesterday

IMG_20170727_231217.jpg