Page 345 of 360 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that's not a bad substitute at all IMO.
    I'm just hoping it arrives in one piece inside Book Depository's packaging!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

For anyone who was panicking and stressing that I couldn't find/order the Daredevil By Bendis & Maleev Omnibus Volume 1, you can rest easy. Stock is due back in on 21st February, so I've preordered.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Some new ones:
    20200225_160542.jpg
    Last edited by JPAR; 02-25-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Why did you buy two of each? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Why did you buy two of each? :P
    I always buy two. One to read and one to burn Don't you?

There's been a number of Lucifer omni & Kill or Be Killed pick ups recently. Were people encouraged by other hauls or just waiting on the right price?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    There's been a number of Lucifer omni & Kill or Be Killed pick ups recently. Were people encouraged by other hauls or just waiting on the right price?
    Man, Kill or be killed was one of my biggest disappointments recently. Also Unwritten which made me weary to go back and re read Lucifer (although recently re read another old favorite, Lock & Key and that held up very well, so Unwritten might just be a fluke).

I havn't read both of them. For me it was just waiting for a big order to spread the shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I havn't read both of them. For me it was just waiting for a big order to spread the shipping costs.
    sorry didn't mean to rain on your parade, Kill or be killed is mostly beloved anyways, don't listen to me.
    To say something positive, I didn't hear a lot of buzz around Satelite Sam when it came out but I've ended up enjoying it a lot, despite my reservations towards Chaykin's art.

Amazing Member

Well, I did it. I just ordered both volumes of Daredevil by Bendis and Maleev. I wasn't sure if I was going to get the reprints because I not only have the complete collections but also the oversized hardcovers which I got because the previous omnibuses were expensive. If I had known they were going to get reprinted so soon I would have waited. But I just know if I had let them go I would have regretted it.

I also ordered both volumes of Daredevil by Brubaker. Now I think I'm good on Daredevil. At least until a new omnibus comes out (What would come first? Nocenti or Soule?)

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    sorry didn't mean to rain on your parade, Kill or be killed is mostly beloved anyways, don't listen to me.
    To say something positive, I didn't hear a lot of buzz around Satelite Sam when it came out but I've ended up enjoying it a lot, despite my reservations towards Chaykin's art.
    I'm now reading Satellite Sam. It's not easy to get into. Mostly because of the art. That's also why I didn't buy it sooner. But the story shoukd make up for that (I hope )

Quiet month as I'm really reading through my library's catalogue at the moment

IMG_2158.jpg
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I have ordered:
    - Speedyhen - X-Men Revolution Chris Claremont Omnibus, Acts of Vengeance Avengers TPB
    - Booksetc - X-Men vs Apocalypse The Twelve Omnibus, X-Men Eve of Destruction Omnibus, Watchmen Lenticular Edition TPB, World War Hulk TPB

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

So I just ordered La Brigade Chimerique hardcover from Amazon France..........do I read French? Not really, so I'll have to learn lol. Just got tired of waiting for Titan Books to finish their English translation.

(I should quality this and say that I took French as a 2nd language for 6 years, so I'm hopeful that I can get it back.......otherwise it will just be a bunch of pretty pictures lol)
    Last edited by FreakyFraser; 03-01-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    So I just ordered La Brigade Chimerique hardcover from Amazon France..........do I read French? Not really, so I'll have to learn lol. Just got tired of waiting for Titan Books to finish their English translation.

(I should quality this and say that I took French as a 2nd language for 6 years, so I'm hopeful that I can get it back.......otherwise it will just be a bunch of pretty pictures lol)
    That book has been interesting me for years... My French is all but gone so I am also debating with myself whether I should get it...