Page 216 of 360 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

I don't have shadowman though. Should I get it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I don't have shadowman though. Should I get it or not?
    well you can always just sell it for cover or more once it goes oop since these Valiant deluxes tend to do that but it was my least favourite of them all. It's painfully generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    well you can always just sell it for cover or more once it goes oop since these Valiant deluxes tend to do that but it was my least favourite of them all. It's painfully generic.
    Yeah. I read that. That's why I haven't bought it yet.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Well I'm English, but I've lived in Scotland since I was 1 haha There was a Waterloo one too but the reviews weren't great. I really liked Agincourt 1415 and I'd like to find more graphic novels based on battles.
    I've always wanted to go to Scotland. My wife and I went to England, Wales and Ireland back in 2009. Most of the trip was spent in Ireland because I'm Irish and my great, great grandparents are from Tyrone Co, Ireland, so we wanted to see a lot of Ireland. It was a 10 day vacation. We could have gone to Ireland and Scotland instead, but it would have cost a lot more and we didn't quite have enough money to do it. Now I regret not coming up with the extra money and doing it because we really didn't enjoy the few days we spent in England and Wales that much. But we did love the 7 days we spent in Ireland.

Maybe some day we'll make it back over there.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

That EoW DE v2 book is AMAZING!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    That EoW DE v2 book is AMAZING!
    Haven't read it yet, but I can't imagine it being not amazing.

Haven't read it yet, but I can't imagine it being not amazing.
    I must be missing something with eow, I have book two on my to read pile but for the life of me, I can't remember anything about book one, so I'm thinking I wasn't that impressed

On the other hand, I just finished Fables 14 in one sitting and I loved it, and I didn't need the recap supplied in the foreword

Anybody else an opinion on Shadowman and if I should buy it or not?

Mighty Member

Anybody else an opinion on Shadowman and if I should buy it or not?
    I'd pass. Much better offerings from Valiant. Harbinger, XO, A&A, Rai, Ivar, Q&W, Ninjak, and Bloodshot are all better HC options imo. Even more if you don't mind trades.

Well I used to be a competitive trail runner so for me, and anybody who likes outdoors, it is a stunning place to live. I live within an hour drive of The Lomonds, the Trossachs and The Cairngorms.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I'd pass. Much better offerings from Valiant. Harbinger, XO, A&A, Rai, Ivar, Q&W, Ninjak, and Bloodshot are all better HC options imo. Even more if you don't mind trades.
    Ok. I'll pass on that one.

Ok. I'll pass on that one.
    I preferred Shadowman to Quantum and Woody, which I think is by far the worst Valiant title

Amazing Member

Arrived just yesterday:

IMG_0613.jpg

The Saga books are very attractive to look at...too bad Vaughan is overrated :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I preferred Shadowman to Quantum and Woody, which I think is by far the worst Valiant title
    At least Q&W tried to be interesting. Humour is subjective and it is VERY hit and miss with me (I laughed like twice during GotG 2 and Deadpool but I actually loved the humour in Q&W even though I'm the first to admit it usually wouldn't be my thing) but it made an effort to stay interesting and kept throwing weird things in the mix. I was actually angry at Shadowman because I think it could have been a really fun and creative book but instead it's absolutely pointless and dull. It felt like one of those n52 series that you knew will be cancelled after 5 issues because no one reads it. I'm only interested in vol2 because there is a new writer on the title and it's connected to Ninjak as well (if it would be a standalone series I probably would have sold my copy already)