Page 223 of 360 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Yup. I've reported several of them to customer services already. Afaik when you order from them, they contact you personally asking you to not use Amazon for payment but a personal bank account. If you refuse they'll send you a mail that tells you the item you ordered is miraculously and all of a sudden out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    there were a lot of scammers on amazon lately. You can easily spot them they have no rating and every item they sell has the same price. You might want to check the seller`s account.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Yup. I've reported several of them to customer services already. Afaik when you order from them, they contact you personally asking you to not use Amazon for payment but a personal bank account. If you refuse they'll send you a mail that tells you the item you ordered is miraculously and all of a sudden out of stock.
    Oh well, not a book I'm particularly after, if it arrives it's a nice surprise, if not amazon are pretty speedy with their refunds

Amazing Member

Just these 2 tpbs this week. Always wanted to read this series from Jason Aaron. I heard the HC is regular sized so I opted for the tpbs.

swag.jpg

These came today, I did have the thin Lucy trades a while ago, but I sold them (I hate those thin trades) I sent the waid DD omni back unread, as I decided to stick to my guns (buy no Marvel omni's) so with the refund I bought these, and to be fair what has Marvel got that can compare with vertigo

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

there were a lot of scammers on amazon lately. You can easily spot them they have no rating and every item they sell has the same price. You might want to check the seller`s account.
    Their names all seem to be a variant on [firstname and single initial], like ANDREWR and STEVENP

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    These came today, I did have the thin Lucy trades a while ago, but I sold them (I hate those thin trades) I sent the waid DD omni back unread, as I decided to stick to my guns (buy no Marvel omni's) so with the refund I bought these, and to be fair what has Marvel got that can compare with vertigo

I really want the new Lucifer trades but if I don't buy all 5 in the same purchase it will bug me to no end that I'm missing any of them. And it's just so disheartening to drop like 80quid on paperbacks. But one of these days!
    How is Northlanders? Have you had a chance to read it yet?

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Not as many books this week but hoping to get a big order in the next week or two
    IMG_0919.jpg

I'd be interested to hear about Northlanders too as it is in my 'Possibly' wish list :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I really want the new Lucifer trades but if I don't buy all 5 in the same purchase it will bug me to no end that I'm missing any of them. And it's just so disheartening to drop like 80quid on paperbacks. But one of these days!
    How is Northlanders? Have you had a chance to read it yet?
    You like sandman, you will like Lucy, I can't see it getting a HC release, there have been 2 years of the (in name only) TV show and still nothing, and at least they are chunky (I sold the thin ones for about £50, so not too out of pocket) but will probably be about 2 years before I get around to reading them

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'd be interested to hear about Northlanders too as it is in my 'Possibly' wish list :P
    No reading yet, just a quick flick through and it looks good, and book one is massive

Spectacular Member

I love the newer Lucifer chunky trades. A deluxe hardcover treatment would be ideal, but I understand that these are the best we're likely to get. And they really are very nice. They look handsome next to the chunky Hellblazer trades. If only Sandman Mystery Theatre could have looked as handsome next to those two...sorry still bitter.

Balakin, if you want to try Northlanders, you can feel secure in buying the books one at a time - it's an anthology series so there's no overarching plot. The new trades are broken up geographically - the first book has stories based on the British isles, the second based in Iceland, and the upcoming third volume will have stories based in mainland Europe.

Incredible Member

Latest. It's been a slow month for books but besides the comics I picked up the HDZeta boxed set of Batman v Superman. I am now officially hooked on these limited steelbook blu-rays. Just an amazing release. Lenticular cards, slipcased steelbooks... so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    I love the newer Lucifer chunky trades. A deluxe hardcover treatment would be ideal, but I understand that these are the best we're likely to get. And they really are very nice. They look handsome next to the chunky Hellblazer trades. If only Sandman Mystery Theatre could have looked as handsome next to those two...sorry still bitter.

Balakin, if you want to try Northlanders, you can feel secure in buying the books one at a time - it's an anthology series so there's no overarching plot. The new trades are broken up geographically - the first book has stories based on the British isles, the second based in Iceland, and the upcoming third volume will have stories based in mainland Europe.
    I'm still VERY bitter about SMT too, don't worry. And that's an interesting idea to break up the series. I think I need to read my Local dlx hc because I've only read the first 2 trades of DMZ from Wood so far and that didn't impress me too much (it wasn't bad but didn't really click with me).

BANNED

I went out of town two days ago and went to the Barnes and Noble store and got some DC Rebirth trades

Green Lanterns Volume 1
    Batman Volume 1
    Flash Volume 2. They didn't have copies of Volume 1 so I bought volume 2 of Flash anyway

Fantastic Member

collective haul since, i think, February. not much to say the least. yep, this hasn't been a particularly good year financially for me so far.

IMG_20170606_181905.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    collective haul since, i think, February. not much to say the least. yep, this hasn't been a particularly good year financially for me so far.

IMG_20170606_181905.jpg
    still a very strong haul. Peter Pan is so good! And I couldn't care less about the original.
    Have you had a chance to read Irmina or Rolling blackouts? I want to get more of these smaller publisher books, have Nao of Brown on my wishlist for a while and I'm interested in others. Recently read This one summer which I loved and I also liked Craig Thompson's stuff as well.