Page 323 of 360 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Incredible Member

I just got Absolute Sandman Overture. It was brand new and shrink wrapped but oddly the book was upside down in the slipcase. Book looks beautiful. Can’t wait to check it out.

All-New Member

comics.jpg

I haven't been into Graphic Novels for a while because I was looking for a new house and didn't want to order books, then have to move them. Once settled started Black Science and had to get Vol 2 before I finished. Sooooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    FP? We only have a small FP, but there are normally some on sale omnibus' on the right just as you come in the door. No big wall of sale comics like the London one though, I got loads of £2.99 HCs there :P
    Yeah FP. It's not big but packed to the ceiling and the staff was very nice as well.
    Kinda want to move to Glasgow but feel like it would be less affordable than Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Yeah FP. It's not big but packed to the ceiling and the staff was very nice as well.
    Kinda want to move to Glasgow but feel like it would be less affordable than Dundee.
    I pay £450 for an unfurnished flat in Maryhill, but it means I get to live alone. I can walk to my institutes, the main campus and town in between 35-65 minutes. I think so long as you aren't insistent on living in the west end, you're fine
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I pay £450 for an unfurnished flat in Maryhill, but it means I get to live alone. I can walk to my institutes, the main campus and town in between 35-65 minutes. I think so long as you aren't insistent on living in the west end, you're fine
    sounds doable although depends on how much council tax and other stuff you have to pay.
    Just to stay on topic, Dundee currently doesn't have a comic book shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    sounds doable although depends on how much council tax and other stuff you have to pay.
    Just to stay on topic, Dundee currently doesn't have a comic book shop.
    Student - no CT

It doesn't? I know that (I forget his name...) retired, but I thought that Ahoy Comics next door was taking the single issues over? Has she shut down too?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Student - no CT

It doesn't? I know that (I forget his name...) retired, but I thought that Ahoy Comics next door was taking the single issues over? Has she shut down too?
    yeah she had a baby and then health issues I think and she said she just can't run the shop anymore.

Got my latest IST order of Promethea vol. 1 HC, Detective Comics 80th HC, and Excalibur Epic vol. 1, all for $63 shipped cause of the extra discount. Added to the "read someday" pile

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My accumulated haul from the last three months:

A few items I picked up reduced as damaged items from IST (Iron Fist Epic Collection, Russ Manning Tarzan Newspaper, Action Comics #1000 Deluxe) - the damage was minimal. The Super Sons Omnibus was preordered at around £26 from amazon.co.uk, fortunately it came without a dent.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    We have similar tastes.
    That's a really nice haul.
    Cheers mate. So which characters/series do we have in common?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    A few items I picked up reduced as damaged items from IST (Iron Fist Epic Collection, Russ Manning Tarzan Newspaper, Action Comics #1000 Deluxe) - the damage was minimal. The Super Sons Omnibus was preordered at around £26 from amazon.co.uk, fortunately it came without a dent.
    How's the Russ Manning Tarzan? I've had that on my list since I picked up the DH Tarzan Lord of the Jungle book you recommended. I just received the first 2 of the HUGE DH Sunday Comics books today.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Atomic Robo is now my new favorite thing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.