Page 271 of 360 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Been awhile, mostly been reading. I really ought to keep a log in the 1000 comics thread.

20180221_183315 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Both Swamp Thing and JLA are indeed priorities from my wish list.
    But i will be getting the collection in the TPB format rather that in HC because the former seem easier to find being selling and cheaper.
    Dunno when i will be buying them because i will be buying a few loose other TPB first and just after is when i will start to collect collections as Swamp or JLA because i am guessing that after getting the first volumes i will want to read the rest of the volumes.
    I got the JLA set for £60 on an ebay auction. But yeah the tpbs are readily available. Difference is that the 4th hc after the end of Morrison's run collects the Earth-2 story drawn by Quitely while the 4th tpb collects Waid's Tower of Babel instead of Earth-2. But you can get Earth-2 in a separate trade of deluxe.

I went on a book shopping spree and bought some things that were on my wishlist for a long time:

Deadly Class Deluxe Edition Volume 1
    Low Book One Deluxe Edition
    Descender: The Deluxe Edition Volume 1
    Black Science Premiere Hardcover Volume 2
    Black Science Premiere Hardcover Volume 1 - remastered
    Art Of Overwatch, The: Limited Edition
    Batman Secrets Sam Kieth Gallery Edition

Now just need to wait for a few weeks for everything to get here

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddak View Post
    I went on a book shopping spree and bought some things that were on my wishlist for a long time:

Deadly Class Deluxe Edition Volume 1
    Low Book One Deluxe Edition
    Descender: The Deluxe Edition Volume 1
    Black Science Premiere Hardcover Volume 2
    Black Science Premiere Hardcover Volume 1 - remastered
    Art Of Overwatch, The: Limited Edition
    Batman Secrets Sam Kieth Gallery Edition

Now just need to wait for a few weeks for everything to get here
    Could you let us know about the quality of the remastered black science? I held off on the previous versions because of the known problems.
    Last edited by Teecee; 02-22-2018 at 06:03 AM.

I will, but it is being released in May - I preordered that one (hoping that the binding is the main reason why they did the remaster)

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Latest pickups
    IMG_1718.jpg
    Picked up the waid omnibus and will sell off the hardcovers so i can get my daredevil collection in the best format possible, just need to get the miller omnibus/shadowland/waid vol 2 and hopefully in the futuree the bendis reprints.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I got the JLA set for £60 on an ebay auction. But yeah the tpbs are readily available. Difference is that the 4th hc after the end of Morrison's run collects the Earth-2 story drawn by Quitely while the 4th tpb collects Waid's Tower of Babel instead of Earth-2. But you can get Earth-2 in a separate trade of deluxe.
    You got a great price for those four JLA HC.
    Thank you for the heads up of the diference between the JLA tpb and the HC.
    I will keep that in mind when i reach the fourth volume of JLA by Morrison if i get the Earth 2 TPB as well or just get the last volume in the HC edition.

Fantastic Member

I went goofy last week and ordered all six volumes of the fantagraphics EC Segar Popeye from a variety of sources based on pricing and availability. I’m not completely confident vol 5 will actually arrive but 3, 4, And 6 came yesterday. They are really huge books! And the reproductions inside are pretty small...gonna need my reading glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Latest pickups
    IMG_1718.jpg
    Picked up the waid omnibus and will sell off the hardcovers so i can get my daredevil collection in the best format possible, just need to get the miller omnibus/shadowland/waid vol 2 and hopefully in the futuree the bendis reprints.
    I'm on that quest of getting the Daredevil books too. I'm just going to get the Bendis ultimate collections rather than wait and hope the omnibuses get reprints. I'm too impatient!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My first accumulated haul of 2018:

Marney the Fox looks amazing! I might have to get it...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Marney the Fox from Rebellion is a beautiful book. I'm really glad I picked it up. I purchased The EC Archives ACES HIGH book from IST as a damaged item at around 70% discount. It came in the foil wrap brand new and I really can't see any damage to it bar a very slight indent at the bottom of the book. It will go nicely next to my EC Archives Tales of Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Nice big haul!

Lovely! Never heard of MArney but the cover looks way to dramatic for a fox story. I like my animals to be safe and sounds, no danger
    Also, Vision is so good! Not sure if it will be your cuppa, it's pretty depressing but I loved it!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Marney the Fox from Rebellion is a beautiful book. I'm really glad I picked it up. I purchased The EC Archives ACES HIGH book from IST as a damaged item at around 70% discount. It came in the foil wrap brand new and I really can't see any damage to it bar a very slight indent at the bottom of the book. It will go nicely next to my EC Archives Tales of Valor.
    Sweet haul Raffi!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor