Page 198 of 360 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Amazing Member

This came in earlier in the week. I think I've bought all the OHCs for Valiant that I'm interested in (not counting future releases like Faith v1, XO Manowar v4, and 4001 AD event book. The rest are 4 issue overpriced hardcovers like The Valiant and Divinity. I'll just stick to tpbs for those.

20170205_141343.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I thought the first volume of Theyre Not Like Us was brilliant, like a proper modern day X-Men type thing I'm suprised more people arn't talking about it, I really need to pick up vollume 2
    Finished v1 and v2 already and loved both. Now I'm waiting for next volume.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    No but I recently read ultimate spiderman and I'm now reading ultimate ff so I thought I might give it a shot.
    If I remember correctly you will need Ultimates vol3 before Ultimatum but honestly...two of the worst comics I've read in my life. Although I've read both twice, it is very amusing how incompetently written those books are.

Alpha Flight & Realm of Kings Omni's came in today!

The AF omni is quite large. I would say just a tad smaller than Stern's Spider-Man omni.

Both books seem quite sturdy. However, in line with the other newer omnibus releases, the pages are quite thin.

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

Spectacular Member

I've read Ultimates 3 which as a side note I didn't think was that bad. But ya I heard Ultimatum was pretty bad but it seems to be getting pretty rare and I got it for a good price so I might be able to flip it later if I absolutely can't stand it.

And a look inside...

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Alpha Flight & Realm of Kings Omni's came in today!

The AF omni is quite large. I would say just a tad smaller than Stern's Spider-Man omni.

Both books seem quite sturdy. However, in line with the other newer omnibus releases, the pages are quite thin.

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg
    So the Annihilation Omni's had White Spines, the War of Kings Omni had that wrap around image that made the spine a complete mess and now they made the WoK:Aftermath/Realm of Kings Omni a black spine?

Whats the plan for the Road to WoK spine? Candy Striping?

Mighty Member

Is the art in AF even oversized with that thick border? I don't buy many older collections, so that seems a little disappointing.

I see Road to WOK as more of a companion volume than Realm of Kings, which can kind of get away with being standalone. So maybe it will match. But who knows with marvel. I think we All would have preferred more spine continuity across the cosmic books.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Is the art in AF even oversized with that thick border? I don't buy many older collections, so that seems a little disappointing.

I see Road to WOK as more of a companion volume than Realm of Kings, which can kind of get away with being standalone. So maybe it will match. But who knows with marvel. I think we All would have preferred more spine continuity across the cosmic books.
    Yes, the art is over-sized. It is no different than any of the other omni's with material from the 60's, 70's, & 80's.

Incredible Member

image.jpgHad some other orders come in, but had to post this one because I think it is ridiculously awesome the existence and presentation of the Charlie the Choo-Choo book.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    image.jpgHad some other orders come in, but had to post this one because I think it is ridiculously awesome the existence and presentation of the Charlie the Choo-Choo book.
    don't ask me silly questions, i won't play silly games
    argh, now i want a copy!

Warren Ellis sale on in comixology, so will certainly be buying Transmetropolitan from there.

Will probably also buy a few other odds and ends at same time, such as first few All Star Squadron to see if I enjoy and worth buying entire series.

Latest!
    Sold a lot but bought a lot. Trying to buy books that I know I can just take down from the shelf any time and enjoy. Bought a lot of books as experiments or assumed I will like them since I liked similar books (mostly older material) and either got disappointed or horded so much that I knew I will never get around reading them while still had paperbacks of Sleeper which is one of my all time favourites or didn't even have Scene of Crime or the last Kane trade.
    Also upgraded Shadow Y1 to hc because I bloody love that book and got The Captain and Chase (all from cheap-comics) for a good price. Wanted to get them for years.

The Sleeper omnibus is fantastic. It's also a book that gets me frustrated with DC every time I flip through it. My copy at least has an excellent Marvel omni quality binding. Stays open on its own on every single page, first to last. Why oh why can't all DC omnis be bound like this one?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Latest!
    Sold a lot but bought a lot. Trying to buy books that I know I can just take down from the shelf any time and enjoy. Bought a lot of books as experiments or assumed I will like them since I liked similar books (mostly older material) and either got disappointed or horded so much that I knew I will never get around reading them while still had paperbacks of Sleeper which is one of my all time favourites or didn't even have Scene of Crime or the last Kane trade.
    Also upgraded Shadow Y1 to hc because I bloody love that book and got The Captain and Chase (all from cheap-comics) for a good price. Wanted to get them for years.
    Another nice haul dude,

Where did you find The Kevin Smith's Green Arrow deluxe ? i really want that one but can't find it anywhere... and i don't want to pay the high price of an absolute... I mean i even went deluxe on The Dark Knight Returns (as a Batman fan) so i don't think i will ever get the absolute edition of Kevin's Green Arrow but a deluxe, now i would get that in a heart beat. Brad Meltzer Green Arrow... yuck ! on that one... i was off for a day after i read the evil thing called Identity Crisis... that book really got me and took me down dude... it wasn't entertaining at all. I don't have anything against the guy personaly ofcourse but i hate his writing, no super hero book should be written that way.

I have never read The Shadow but i bet you recommend it lol (seeing the avatar and all) and year one seems like a good starting point so i will probably get that one in the next order or one after the next order of mine. Brubaker crime books, unwritten, TMNT, Sleeper... these are books which i want to get in but time and money dude... i already follow like a bazillion of series as hc or tpb... and half of them are still in their plastic wrapping on the shelf... I have the Death and Maidens TPB from back in the day but i will probably get this deluxe too and double dip because it's a Batman story that i really like (and the curse of being a Batman fan, i have to have everything Batman in HC... i have to... lol )

You went all the way on those Valiants in like two weeks or something ! lol It's crazy... i want them too, but if i get them and later on if Valiant Makes Omnibuses, i will probably get devistated lol... because i need omnibuses... i love omnibuses, they are oversized and full of whole runs that take like a month or a little bit more to finish (: they are awesome (: but everyone went nuts on those deluxes after Valiant's anouncement that they won't make anymore deluxes... i am kind of afraid that i will miss the deluxe boat, if i wait any longer and after that if Valiant doesn't make omnibuses..... what am i gonna do !?!?!? i will probably go nuts like what have i done !!! lol
    Last edited by Batarang; 02-16-2017 at 10:03 AM.

The Archer's Quest is really, really good. Probably better than Smith's run.