Page 211 of 360 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks for replying FluffySheep. I had the same problem as in not seeing it on a Windows PC but I could clearly see it on my Samsung phone. Strange, as I used the same method of uploading the VALOR pics as those of my haul pics. Either I missed someting or Windows disallowed them uploading due to a lack of compatibility somewhere. Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread but this will be good to figure out regarding uploading future pics.

Btw, nice avatar. My kids are fans of Shaun the Sheep as is the Missus and myself
    Just to let you know, now that I'm back on my Chromebook, I can still see the original pictures, but can no longer see the 2nd set of pictures.

Regarding my avatar, I'm Welsh, so there's always a link to sheep there! Shaun is one of the most famous sheep, so I chose him for my avatar
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Awesome haul, Raffi. Btw, can't see any pics of Valor either (using an ipad).
    Thanks LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I can't see the pics on my windows pc too Raffi. :/
    Thx guys for replying.

So LJ and Batarang, am I right in understanding that you can't see only the initial posts from yesterday? Or are you having problems with those I posted this morning also?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I can't see them on a Samsung tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Can't see 'em on a macbook pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Just to let you know, now that I'm back on my Chromebook, I can still see the original pictures, but can no longer see the 2nd set of pictures.

Regarding my avatar, I'm Welsh, so there's always a link to sheep there! Shaun is one of the most famous sheep, so I chose him for my avatar
    Aaararrrgh! What gives?

Extremely strange. Oh well, maybe I'll take some pics of say, Superman Cover To Cover HC (beautiful book btw) in a day or so when I have a moment and try posting them.

Spectacular Member

Latest few LCS hauls and IST orders :

Incredible Member

I've been thinking about jumping onto Powers, but it always seems to be a series that I intend to pick up, sometimes it's even in my cart, and then it gets replaced with something else.

I loved powers, sold my ohc's and got the omni, was probably a mistake

@QComix: niiicee... You seem to be a fan of Corbeyran. Never even heard of him/her.

And War Stories 4. Got my copy last week. Looking forward to reading it. It's such a shame though that the art is getting worse. Compared to the art in the original two Vertigo volumes (or even in most of Battlefield, which was basically War Stories under a different name), the art in the last two Avatar War Stories volumes looks just "meh". Luckily Ennis' writing more than makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I loved powers, sold my ohc's and got the omni, was probably a mistake
    you can probably sell the omni and get the ohc-s without loss, they are currently going for quite cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I've been thinking about jumping onto Powers, but it always seems to be a series that I intend to pick up, sometimes it's even in my cart, and then it gets replaced with something else.
    I had the same. Now I've bought them because I could get them for a good price.. Looks good.

Incredible Member

I had the same. Now I've bought them because I could get them for a good price.. Looks good.
    Gonna have to get off my ass and just buy them. The Goon is also one that keeps getting pushed back on my to-buy pile.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    @QComix: niiicee... You seem to be a fan of Corbeyran. Never even heard of him/her.

And War Stories 4. Got my copy last week. Looking forward to reading it. It's such a shame though that the art is getting worse. Compared to the art in the original two Vertigo volumes (or even in most of Battlefield, which was basically War Stories under a different name), the art in the last two Avatar War Stories volumes looks just "meh". Luckily Ennis' writing more than makes up for it.
    Thanks! Those two Corbeyran Integrales are actually the first two books I own from him, so I don't really know much about him either :P I saw a ton of glowing reviews for Le Regulateur Vol 1 & 2 so I decided to get the integrale (which actually collects Vol 1 to 3 but is the same price as buying Vol 1 and 2 separately). Le Reseau Bombyce is more Cécil than Corbeyran, who's co-plotter for the first 2 volumes. I also saw great reviews for this one

And I agree with the underwhelming art in the last 2 War Stories volumes. I'm sure the story will be top notch though!

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is this better in any way than the Absolute?
    The book is printed on the same very thin low quality matte paper as the original comics (yellow pages) and with the same size. The bonus section is printed on a little more thicker matte white paper.

I also have the Absolute Watchmen; a really nice book, but the design alone makes the 1988 Graphitti Designs book something else. And for me personally, when I feel like reading a classic like Batman: Year One, The Dark Knight Returns or Watchmen, I'd rather pick up the trade (or deluxe hardcover) than the big Absolute.
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Incredible Member

Got the Marvel Universe by John Byrne Omnibus from a 3rd party via Amazon, came safely packed except for a tiny rip in the cellophane but the book is perfect.

Incredible Member

My recent haul from Wondercon of tpb's and now I can easily rid of the single issues that are compiled within them, ohh and they were all half of cover price.