Page 222 of 360 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Many thanks Bob. Appreciate it.

Golden Age Captain America and Omni's vol 1&2. Now I gotta run down a copy of that Kirby Cap Omni and I'll have a pretty good chunk of classic Cap to enjoy.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Mighty Member

Finally broke down and shelled out the cash for the 1st 3 Brubaker Cap books to complete the run. Only to realize upon receipt i misread the listing and ended up with an extra copy of Trial instead of Cap Lives. Yes, I am a moron.

Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    DD is probably my favourite mainstream superhero to read. Everything people claim batman is (Oh he is so human and can go to dark places and vulnerable and yadda yadda unlike that bohohoring superman guy) is actually not very true about batman but fits dd perfectly.
    Although I'm not the biggest fan of the original miller run but bendis and Brubaker made some of my favourite comics of all time with the character.
    I agree, and the level to which he cares about Hell Kitchen is akin to Batman ad Gotham. I haven't made it to Bendis and Brubaker yet but I've heard amazing things so I can't wait to get to those.
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

Just a small delivery today, I did say a while back I wasn't going to buy any more marvel omnis, but I like daredevil and Waid so I hope this is good, latest Hellblazer, so you can't go wrong with that, and I love vikings so I ordered books 1 and 2 (still waiting on book 1)

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

This weeks books. image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just a small delivery today, I did say a while back I wasn't going to buy any more marvel omnis, but I like daredevil and Waid so I hope this is good, latest Hellblazer, so you can't go wrong with that, and I love vikings so I ordered books 1 and 2 (still waiting on book 1)

I also like Waid and DD and I like his take and most of the artists on the run but I tried to binge the 5 ohcs recently and I gave up at the 4th. It's not bad but it just doesn't make me want to read all of it at once like the Brubaker or Bendis runs did.

I also like Waid and DD and I like his take and most of the artists on the run but I tried to binge the 5 ohcs recently and I gave up at the 4th. It's not bad but it just doesn't make me want to read all of it at once like the Brubaker or Bendis runs did.

How many ohcs does this omni collect? And have you read any of the Waid Cap America? I have the upcoming omni on order but I know nothing about it

How many ohcs does this omni collect? And have you read any of the Waid Cap America? I have the upcoming omni on order but I know nothing about it
    seems like it collects half the run. It is not bad by any means but for me the main draw with DD is watching how deep he can sink and how hard it is for him to climb out if he can climb out at all and all the damage he causes unwillingly.
    Waid said enough of all this misery and he took a more swushbuckling approach which was a refreshing change but it wasn't as gripping after a while. Also it's easier to stop reading because he tends to do shorter storyarcs. 2 issues when he is dealing with Moleman, 5 issues dealing with the Owl, 4 issues in Latveria etc. Bit more classis superhero than the crime noir before.

As for his Cap, I had the first Epic that came out last year, I thought the story was just okay but the art was hot garbage so I just gave the book to a friend, couldn't even finish it. The omni is a hard pass for me.

BANNED

Here is my latest haul

Last edited by Batarang; 05-27-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Nice haul! Book of Cain is good, but Tyrael's is my favourite.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

that's a pretty decent haul. Got a taste for manga this time?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Nice haul! Book of Cain is good, but Tyrael's is my favourite.
    Thanks , Tyrael will probably be in my next order.

that's a pretty decent haul. Got a taste for manga this time?
    Thanks dude ,

Yeah, i got in to 3 new manga series and i plan to get in to even more new manga series. I always loved manga but i was on the comics, aspecially super hero side of the things lately until just recent when i kind of had enough of super heroes, aspecially Batman (the more i read, the more i saw how much of hypocrite The Batman was and it was bothersome) so i needed this fresh air of manga.

I'll believe it when it shows up but I've ordered the War Of Kings omni off amazon for £6.37 more copies on there if anyone else fancies a punt

I'll believe it when it shows up but I've ordered the War Of Kings omni off amazon for £6.37 more copies on there if anyone else fancies a punt
    there were a lot of scammers on amazon lately. You can easily spot them they have no rating and every item they sell has the same price. You might want to check the seller`s account.