Page 347 of 360 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Not shabby
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    My first accumulated haul of the year:

Nice! You're going to love that Bendis DD omni
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Nice! You're going to love that Bendis DD omni
    I read the material a few years back but I was missing that particular Omnibus, my only missing DD Omnibus. I'm now only waiting for a reprint of the Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus.

Here's my recent purchases. I was getting concerned that The Goon Library 5 was going to disappear so I'm pleased with that one.

Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I really need to read Invincible one day...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've read the first compendium. Couldn't put it down. It's a full on "page turner". Amazingly, I ordered The Goon and that Invincible compendium from Amazon and they both arrived pristine, even though the top corners of The Goon were sticking out of a hole in the box!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Here's my recent purchases. I was getting concerned that The Goon Library 5 was going to disappear so I'm pleased with that one.

I have never read an issue of Goon ever. I don't know why. I hear a lot of great things about it, but just haven't tried it. What is it about and does it have any cussing, vulgar or anything like that in it?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Invincible is cool, but I didn't love it as much as the rest of my collection, so I sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I have never read an issue of Goon ever. I don't know why. I hear a lot of great things about it, but just haven't tried it. What is it about and does it have any cussing, vulgar or anything like that in it?
    Actually, the Goon has a lot of disgusting, vulgar and weird stuff. And particularly the first volume has lots of dark humor. The story get waaay better on the last volumes, kind of a pretty good supernatural noir book, but the beginning is not for everyone.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Actually, the Goon has a lot of disgusting, vulgar and weird stuff. And particularly the first volume has lots of dark humor. The story get waaay better on the last volumes, kind of a pretty good supernatural noir book, but the beginning is not for everyone.
    I kept hearing that about the Goon but when I read it I thought it was awesome from beginning to end. Yeah the beginning is kind of rough but it only goes up and up from there. And it is hilarious as well beginning to end... a masterpiece in my opinion. It is a rare combo to have a talent for comedy art and story. Eric Powell is a genius.

My problem is that I rely heavily on my library for reading these days and they have so many incomplete series that I just can't get my head around it. Like, they will have volumes 1, 3, 4, 8 and 10. The ****...

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll pass then.

My problem is that I rely heavily on my library for reading these days and they have so many incomplete series that I just can't get my head around it. Like, they will have volumes 1, 3, 4, 8 and 10. The ****...
    Ugh. I'm anal and I couldn't do that. I won't start reading a title until I have every issue.

Amazing Member

Ordered Crisis on Infinite Earths box set, can not wait.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Sorry if this has been asked recently.

Does CheapGraphicNovels send you an email with a tracking number once they have delivered to Post?
    It has been 4yrs since I ordered from them and can not recall. I ordered 8 days ago now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime