Page 328 of 360 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    That's the same reason I bought my Galaxy Tab A. Hope you enjoy.

I have things like all of Chew, Batgirl/Robin: Year One and The Vision on Comixology and they look great. I don't need to own them on a shelf.

I think Comic Screen is a good app for drm free comics btw.
    thanks for the advice!
    Also all 3 of those series are ones I really like having on the shelf

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    What's the Batman Cover to Cover like?
    It's a very nice looking book detailing the "best" Batman covers with small writeups. It has a variery of people linked with Batman in one way or another picking their favourite covers. For exanple, Adam West who played Batman in the 60s camp TV series or Jim Lee, comics artist. I bought Supetman Cover to Cover a year or so ago at discount and decided to pick up Batman also. It's as tall as an OHC but a couple of cm wider.

Used the weekend IST code for:
    LOEG Jubilee Omni
    Akira vols. 2 & 3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Well, the day has cometh...
    I've ordered an Amazon Fire HD 10, mainly to read comics.

I have too much stuff I'm interested in but do I want to have them on the shelf?
    Like: did I read the whole Justice League dark side war? yes? Is it as good as Cooke's New Frontier? hell no.
    Do I have an oversized hardcover of both? Sure

Wish there been an easiest/cheaper way to try it out but to be honest this isn't the stupidest £100 I've spent.
    Still gonna buy physical copies too of the "good stuff".
    How do you like the Amazon Fire HD 10? I also need to get a tablet. I simply can’t buy a physical copy of everything I want to read.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    How do you like the Amazon Fire HD 10? I also need to get a tablet. I simply can’t buy a physical copy of everything I want to read.
    It's arriving on Tuesday but not sure I'll dive into digital reading straight away ( I have plenty of physical books to read but have a holiday coming up next month).
    Will let you know.

Amazon Fire has very good reviews but apparently you need to side load the Marvel Unlimited app (no clue what that means but I guess I'm about to figure it out soon).

Incredible Member

It's arriving on Tuesday but not sure I'll dive into digital reading straight away ( I have plenty of physical books to read but have a holiday coming up next month).
    Will let you know.

Amazon Fire has very good reviews but apparently you need to side load the Marvel Unlimited app (no clue what that means but I guess I'm about to figure it out soon).
    I just ordered one on amazon.ca while they were on sale. My old IPad 2 has been broken a while. They do get good reviews and will do all I want. An equivalent sized iPad is 3 times as much which is why I have never replaced it. For comics I want to cut down on those titles I sort of want to read but don’t need to own.

I just ordered one on amazon.ca while they were on sale. My old IPad 2 has been broken a while. They do get good reviews and will do all I want. An equivalent sized iPad is 3 times as much which is why I have never replaced it. For comics I want to cut down on those titles I sort of want to read but don’t need to own.
    exactly the same! And yeah the price/value ratio seems to be the best on Fire.
    Unpleasant surprise though, Comixology unlimited is only available in the US. That made me a bit depressed. $5.99 a month (or even £5.99 in the UK) for unlimited reading would be perfect.

Incredible Member

exactly the same! And yeah the price/value ratio seems to be the best on Fire.
    Unpleasant surprise though, Comixology unlimited is only available in the US. That made me a bit depressed. $5.99 a month (or even £5.99 in the UK) for unlimited reading would be perfect.
    I don’t have a lot of stuff I regret buying but some stuff would have been just fine in digital. I am just north of the border and stuff like this happens all the time with things only available in the US.

Amazing Member

I;ve looking at a tablet too for digital comics. I'd like to hear your thoughts about the Kindle Fire.

I checked it out at Best Buy and it seemed okay. I am not a fan of the aspect ratio of the tablet but when I tried a comic on it it didn't look that bad.

Will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    I;ve looking at a tablet too for digital comics. I'd like to hear your thoughts about the Kindle Fire.

I checked it out at Best Buy and it seemed okay. I am not a fan of the aspect ratio of the tablet but when I tried a comic on it it didn't look that bad.
    This is my first tablet so I'm easy to impress. It took me a bit to download comixology though. For some reason the Amazon app on the tablet didn't let me download it so I had to download it on my laptop to the tablet.
    Haven't read anything on it yet but I was having fun with Alexa (never had her before)

Incredible Member

This is my first tablet so I'm easy to impress. It took me a bit to download comixology though. For some reason the Amazon app on the tablet didn't let me download it so I had to download it on my laptop to the tablet.
    Haven't read anything on it yet but I was having fun with Alexa (never had her before)
    I am getting mine hopefully today. For some reason it went to the wrong city first yesterday.
    I was reading for Amazon tablets, the best thing for Marvel Unlimited is to side load google play first and get the app through that and there is instruction online. That way, it will update automatically. If you side load the Marvel app directly, every time there is a new version, you would have to directly install it again.

BANNED

I went digital lately as well. I collect Sandman Mystery Theather at comixology, DC will never print all of the run, it seems that was the only logical option, digital. I also started Doomsday clock Got the first issue of Elephantman. Some X-Men blue and Punisher. I used to hate reading on my computer but i got used to it in time. Now, i have no problem.

I am getting mine hopefully today. For some reason it went to the wrong city first yesterday.
    I was reading for Amazon tablets, the best thing for Marvel Unlimited is to side load google play first and get the app through that and there is instruction online. That way, it will update automatically. If you side load the Marvel app directly, every time there is a new version, you would have to directly install it again.
    I was looking on comixology and they seem to have Marvel titles too. Not sure what's the difference, maybe comixology doesn't have that many? Will look into it later cause probably I will mostly use it to read Marvel and DC and maybe manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I went digital lately as well. I collect Sandman Mystery Theather at comixology, DC will never print all of the run, it seems that was the only logical option, digital. I also started Doomsday clock Got the first issue of Elephantman. Some X-Men blue and Punisher. I used to hate reading on my computer but i got used to it in time. Now, i have no problem.
    Sandman Mystery theatre gonna be one of my first reads probably. Love what I've read so far and wish they collected the whole run. But at least now I can finish reading it.