Page 279 of 360 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

I have those as well, but I bought all of them new off the stands when I was younger. (Probably off the local stationary store's spinner rack, though I'm not sure if I might have picked up Action Comics #500 at the Heroes World comic book shop in the Livingston Mall in New Jersey.)

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Loving that infinity cover for Action 500...

Secret Warriors by Hickman/Bendis CC 1-2
    Judge Dredd CCF 5
    Planetary Book 1 and 2
    Thor by W.Simonson book 1
    Aquaman by PAD book 1
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    My deliveries for March - probably my smallest month so far...
    cool, The Writer's Tale, one of my favorite books ever i actually have two of those - the hardcover and the paperback with added chapters

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I love it! I was ill as a teenager and I used to sit up all night with my dog, watching Dad's Army on loop (I have literally seen them in the 100's of times), playing Diablo 2 and eating digestives. It's classic comedy which I don't think is matchable these days, partly because comedy has evolved, but also because it was just so damned good!

P.S. The new movie is evil and all copies must be burned.
    I also really enjoyed watching it as a young teen. My brother recently dropped off most of the seasons (if not all) on various dvds (I think the majority were free in various periodicals). I'm not sure when I'll get around to watching them. Probably when I retire, I'll sit down (I don't think it's my wife's cup of tea) with my dogs on the couch along with some digestives and custard creams

New movie? I didn't realise there was one. Sacrilege!

@zaboraviti I've heard good things about it, and it looked interesting after flicking through. Not at the top of my crazy pile though!

@Raffi There is indeed, and it was awful, which is a real shame considering the brilliant cast. I have the complete DVD set (bar some lost episodes, I think three not include).
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Lago, I want to get that "Batman Dark Knight Detective" book. I also want to get "Batman Year Two", but don't want the hardcover...waiting in the hopes a softcover edition will come out soon.

Oh, I think, there will be a softcover Edition of Year Two next year (probably Nov). DC is going to publish the Year ONE Deluxe in September 2018 as softcover. The HC was released in Sep 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Oh, I think, there will be a softcover Edition of Year Two next year (probably Nov). DC is going to publish the Year ONE Deluxe in September 2018 as softcover. The HC was released in Sep 2017.
    I notice the book is marked with a volume 1, does this mean there will be a volume 2? If so, wondering if the Year Two material will be collected in the next volume.

I just won these 4 separate eBay auctions (from same seller). FF Annual #7 FN $6, Giant Size Super-Stars FF #1 FN+ $7.50, GS FF #2 VF $11, GS FF #3 VF $12.50...

Last edited by Bryan; 04-17-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I just won these 4 separate eBay auctions (from same seller). FF Annual #7 FN $6, Giant Size Super-Stars FF #1 FN+ $7.50, GS FF #2 VF $11, GS FF #3 VF $12.50...

I remember buying that Giant Sized FF #2 issue for 10 cents at a used book store in 1984 when I was 12. So many treasures back then. Without even knowing

I just got FF #143 for $9.50 & #144 for $9.00 from eBay.

Received Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 1 today.

I haven't actually read these stories since I was a kid in the 80s, reading them as reprints in Marvel Tales.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Received Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 1 today.

I haven't actually read these stories since I was a kid in the 80s, reading them as reprints in Marvel Tales.
    That's exactly how I originally read them back in the early 80s in the UK. My brother and I would run down into town to check out various newsagents to see which US comics they had in. Our local SPAR would only stock the Marvel UK comics. He would purchase Marvel Tales, ASM and PPTSM whereas I would pick up Daredevil, Incredible Hulk and occasionally Defenders.

Btw, I hope you enjoy the Omnibus.